It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toto Bassist Mike Porcaro Dead at 59

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Mike Porcaro, the longtime bass player for Grammy-winning rock band Toto, died early Sunday morning at 59 following a battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

Link

Rest in peace, Mike.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Good journey Mike.

Man, being in my fifties and seeing so many people in their fifties dead already...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

May his bass resonance seep from the mortal realm, back into the great majestic ohm which hums beneath the subatomic structure of the universe. And may his soul rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

May his bass resonance seep from the mortal realm, back into the great majestic ohm which hums beneath the subatomic structure of the universe. And may his soul rest in peace.

Well said. May it also bring the rains to

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You're still going strong, right? I know what you're saying though. It freaked me out when a friend that wasn't much older than me dropped dead.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Entertainment is a hard life for a lot of people, especially music. It seems they either calcify and turn into weird leathery zombies that go on forever or flame out youngish.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree. Life on the road, drugs, parties, it all takes a toll on them.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Night Star

You're still going strong, right? I know what you're saying though. It freaked me out when a friend that wasn't much older than me dropped dead.

I don't know about going strong, but I'm still going. LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Skid Mark

That was beautiful man!

new topics

top topics

join