It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Christianity!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

interpret it as you will...

But don't tell people something is in the bible, when it is not...

edit on 15-3-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: nonspecific

Friday at sundown until Saturday at sundown was the biblical Sabbath...

Christianity changed it to sunday so they wouldn't be considered "judaizers", which is basically living as the jews did...

Christ most definitely observed a Friday to Saturday Sabbath

I thought I was right but could not be bothered to find out. Thought I would risk it.

Still got it...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I came in here prepared to call you a bigot and walked away laughing. Touche, op. Touche.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Hit up a church and pig out on the body and blood of Christ.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

# Christianity, # Sunday's, & most of all,
# chic fil a.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I'm leaving the bar, feeling STARVED & more slightly drunk than usual (that was on purpose, btw) CRAVING Chic Fil A chicken nuggets...

THEN I REMEMBER CLOSED ON SUNDAY!

FMFL!

/end rant

Time to find some buffalo wings.

I think you have more reasons to hate Christianity...

Isiah 35:7

7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Sabbath day no work. Clearly don't know the bible.

Akragon is correct.

The true sabbath is on Saturday and not Sunday. Worship starts once the sun sets on Friday evening.

The Catholic church changed it from Saturday to Sunday which is in violation to what the Old Testament states. Saturday is the seventh day of the week, not Sunday.

Just one of many scandals that comes from the Catholic church.
edit on 16-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm just going to quote Janis Joplin.
It's all the same F'ing day.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, well, then Chik-fil-A wouldn't be open on Saturday and when the OP left the bar on an early Saturday after those crucial after work beers on a hard-drinking Friday night and found Chik-fil-A closed, he'd still hate Christianity ... so tomato to-mah-to.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Chik-fil-a is open on Sunday's just not the hours you were trying to go.

concerning the Sabbath/Sunday switch of days off.

Jews are required to keep the sabbath.

Christians (Jews or Gentiles) are not commanded to keep a day off. According to Romans 14 if one wants to regard a day as holy it was up to them. And if some want to regards everyday holy that was ok too. For a Christian who is not a Roman Catholic, Holy does not mean that they were not do work on it necessarily. But a lot of denominations will teach that unbiblical nonsense.

Roman Catholicism, in its Alexandrian roots wanted to integrate some practices from all religions to make one pure religion. And in so doing took the Sabbath commandment and then took Paul's teaching about assembling on the fist day of the week (Sunday) for hearing the word of the LORD and combined them.

There is no replacement of the Sabbath. And when the RC teaches that it is a false teaching as it has no Biblical scriptures to support that change (therefore unbiblical).

Conclusion: don't be so hard on businesses that are closed and it inconveniences you. You would probably complain if they were closed on Monday and you want a sandwich and once again blaming their religion unfairly.

so with your post you have become a judge of other men to which we quote the apostle to the Gentiles, Paul, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Col 2:16

edit on 16-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Chik-fil-a is open on Sunday's just not the hours you were trying to go.

Riiiggghhhttt, except that it isn't...

You would probably complain if they were closed on Monday and you want a sandwich and once again blaming their religion unfairly.

Probably? No, absolutely I would.
Unfairly? If a business is closed one day a week in the name of a religion, I think it's fair to blame that religion.

so with your post you have become a judge of other men to which we quote the apostle to the Gentiles, Paul, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Col 2:16

To quote Lil' Wayne,
"God ain't my mentor, so don't go there with me."

The fact my thread turned into back & forth scripture arguments.....
I can't decide if I should laugh or throw up.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Akragon is correct.

The true sabbath is on Saturday and not Sunday. Worship starts once the sun sets on Friday evening.

The Catholic church changed it from Saturday to Sunday which is in violation to what the Old Testament states. Saturday is the seventh day of the week, not Sunday.

Actually your all wrong in Christ Jesus every day is the sabath rest.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Akragon is correct.

Actually your all wrong in Christ Jesus every day is the sabath rest.

Could you elaberate on this please?

With links and suchlike?

Otherwise it's just a post with no context.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

heb. 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

heb. 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Thank you but could you tell my what the interpretaion and understanding is please.

Imagine that I am not a Christian and have not studied the bible.

How would you explain this to me? otherwise I have simply no idea.

Many thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It took God 6 days to create the worlds. On the seventh day He rest from all that He had done. This is shadow of what Christ would do for humanity. By that I mean that Christ work is finished so before one comes to Christ one is laboring to be righteous in their own power. Which one can not become right in God's eyes because we are born into sin. Christ paid the price, the shedding of blood to take away the sin. This was a onetime deal that can be accredited to the believer by the grace of God through Christ Jesus. Heb. 4-9-10 states that as God rested from His work we have rested from our work to become righteous in Christ Jesus which is a daily entering into the rest that Christ provided.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It took God 6 days to create the worlds. On the seventh day He rest from all that He had done. This is shadow of what Christ would do for humanity. By that I mean that Christ work is finished so before one comes to Christ one is laboring to be righteous in their own power. Which one can not become right in God's eyes because we are born into sin. Christ paid the price, the shedding of blood to take away the sin. This was a onetime deal that can be accredited to the believer by the grace of God through Christ Jesus. Heb. 4-9-10 states that as God rested from His work we have rested from our work to become righteous in Christ Jesus which is a daily entering into the rest that Christ provided.

Ok thank you for that but still a little vauge?

Again think of me as not christian And bear with me, I only ask as I do not know.

If GOD made the world in 6 days how does Jesus Christ come into this? I thought he was much later in the timeline?

How can you quote old testament with reference to JC?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The OT is a type and shadow of what was to come in the redeemer. By that I mean that it all pointed to Christ. The main books that point to the coming redeemer is Isaiah. It would take a very long time to fully explain all the types and shadows of how the old covenant pointed to the new covenant in Christ Jesus. One could do a search of Christ in the OT and how that was fulfilled in the NT.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The OT is a type and shadow of what was to come in the redeemer. By that I mean that it all pointed to Christ. The main books that point to the coming redeemer is Isaiah. It would take a very long time to fully explain all the types and shadows of how the old covenant pointed to the new covenant in Christ Jesus. One could do a search of Christ in the OT and how that was fulfilled in the NT.

I have all the time in the world.

Would you be able to actually explain your link between the two without asking for faith.

Otherwise I do not understand why I would agree with you.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To tell you the truth there are so many things that could be said and have filled books with the relationship between OT and the NT concerning Christ. With that said it would take more than what I know to fully explain it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join