It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupotty: We can't pee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

The point of this thread is that laws are being written which would discriminate against them. Because there are attempts to rewrite definitions which would stop trans* folks from going about their lives because of the law makers discomfort. So yeah, that is pretty ignorant. That's the point I'm trying to get across.

Currently, trans folks can go to the bathroom wherever they feel comfortable, to the same extent everyone else can now. The GOVT is trying to STOP that from happening by making extra laws, and changing definitions based on "normal" people's discomfort. Which, you're right, is ignorant.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hearows

Discriminate how by making them use the parts they were born with? it would be discriminatory to say that a man had to use the women's restroom because he was gay, that's discriminatory not this. Explain how they can use an opposite but I can't and thats not discriminatory against my everyday life?.
edit on 5311132015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
I'd rather they simply combine the two 'rooms', make more efficient use of the available added space [stalls on one side urinals on the other] and to appease those who 'require' labels, they could simply 'identify' as either a stall or a urinal -'type'

we are all raised on the male female aspact and because if soicity you cant just stick men and wemen in a roon with their genitellia hanging out also bad things are bound to and will happen due tosick people would be nice if humanity could manage ir but we cant

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: twiztedjester

So then why try to manage which people have a right to identify and which don't? At this point based off the above I should have free reign ovwe any bathroom I choose because that's how I think.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

yep.

society as a whole would have to 'grow-up' far more than is apparently capable of to ever even begin to fathom let alone realize such simple solutions to otherwise mundane requirements of our mere existence.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Discriminate how by making them use the parts they were born with? it would be discriminatory to say that a man had to use the women's restroom because he was gay, that's discriminatory not this. Explain how they can use an opposite but I can't and thats not discriminatory against my everyday life?.
from both sides a woman becoming a man wanting men should use the nens restroom for the fact he wsnts to be a man even if he still has a vagina at the time being dont change he wants and feels hes a man i only feel transgenders shoukd have to state to a oartner thet are a transgender i dont feel being with what was a man ok without knowing it thats not ok because you shoukd have a choice for your own choice and beliefes my op

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So if I "want" to piss with my Penis out in front women because that's how I feel that is alright with you?
edit on 5311132015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So then why try to manage which people have a right to identify and which don't? At this point based off the above I should have free reign ovwe any bathroom I choose because that's how I think.
based on what is is my standpoint but in knowladge truth is is those in a group polled of all make what "all" think though its not alls opinion but yeah you naturally should have a choice if you feel want to and or trying to be a female to use the womens restroom

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Well that's part of the point, you don't need a genital examination to decide what bathroom you're allowed to use. I don't see why they can't just choose the bathroom they're comfortable using, similar to how you can now. They're not looking for a law to say they're allowed to use their preferred bathrooms, it's not like the south park episode. It's along the same lines as forcing someone who's gay to use the women's bathroom, in the sense that it's discriminatory. Because, if we're working with the current definition, gender is a social construct, meaning it's entirely dependent on a person's feelings, similar to sexuality. If a person is living the rest of their lives as a man, and then is forcibly examined by the govt, determined to have a vagina, and told they have to use the woman's bathroom it's discriminatory because gender is not sex. Our current definitions have biological sex and gender as different things for a reason.

For example, an intersex person would have male chromosomes, born with both a penis and vagina or combination thereof, and would choose what gender to live their life as because their genitalia is completely ambiguous.

A transgendered person is psychologically one gender, physically another sex until they're able to get sexual reassignment surgery (if it's deemed medically necessary in their situation). I don't think it should matter what stage of transition they're in before they can start living their lives as their preferred gender. Living their lives as their psychological gender alleviates the stress/depression and host of other symptoms, so why shouldn't they use which bathroom best suits them? It matters to them, a lot. They're not looking to hurt anybody, just trying to mind their own businesses, and if you're in transition being reminded you have genitals opposite to your gender can cause extreme mental discomfort.

We really shouldn't accept a law that hurts people who are just trying to be left alone.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Explain how it's legally ok for me to walk into a women's bathroom whip out my Johnson and pee. I belive that's called indecent exposure? Bathrooms are decid ed by parts not opinion if that was the case we never would have specified make or female bathrooms. Not being able to get surgery because of medical complications is a personal issue I reiterate not a social issue. Stop trying to lobby it to being one.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I mean, generally that's what stalls are for. Transmen, if they choose to use urinals have a prosthetic penis which allows them to do so, but generally we're talking about people using the stalls in the bathrooms they prefer.

If a man needed to come into the women's bathroom to use a changing table or take his daughter to the bathroom, he's generally welcome.

Sexual harassment in all forms is still illegal though, so generally exposing yourself out of context is illegal, but in a situation where there's a coed bathroom with a urinal and you happen to be urinating in front of women, correct, that is OK. It only crosses the line if you cross the legal barrier between that and sexual harassment, which would require more than peeing.

I don't understand what the purpose of separating bathrooms by gender is, honestly. Most of the arguments I hear against it are regarding sexual harassment, which is already illegal, and the facilities themselves don't serve specific purposes, I could certainly pee in a urinal or toilet with equal efficacy. Physical parts don't determine which bathroom you use, no. There are men who have lost their penises to cancer I'm fairly certain wouldn't be forced to use the women's bathroom. Point is, there's no laws dictating where someone can and can't pee. It's not surrounding the trans* issues that folks got extra vehement about meat space politics. Skin color, genitals, moles, eye color, we shouldn't be making legislature based on any of these things. Equal rights mean equal rights.

edit on 15-3-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

So if I "want" to piss with my Penis out in front women because that's how I feel that is alright with you?
if you feel your a woman and want to be absolutly because you arnt a man whipping your penis out in front of women your a woman who unfortunatly has a penis women eould only see it wrong because you have a penis where you would feel its wrong they decide you arnt a woman because you have a penis its oppressing people because of a physical aspect when mentally they are no different than you most of why people have sex changes. Now they have to fight past that because they wanted the change doesnt make them what their physical birth was?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Sexual harassment all depends on if a person "feels" harrassed. So why isnt that claim valid. A man using a Changing table isn't using the bathroom and coed bathrooms speak for themselves no regulation needed. Don't want be around it find a gender specific bathroom. I fail to see any validity in your posts aside from repeating almost literally the ame thing over and over at least I'm coming with multiple types of examples to back my claim.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever used a multi stale male/female restroom? I have. They HAD one at the Ollie's near my house. I honestly just waited in the stall until I was alone. My children flat out refused to used it useless another person went in with them. Now its a very large single male/female restroom.

I can say I didn't think being embarrassed was a big deal however there were adults that felt more strongly about how creepy it was than my children did. The complaints caused a change.

This goes back to the transgender restroom issue because others don't want to be inconvenienced due to another persons personal life. I'm not saying that's right, that's just how it is. This seems like a waste of tax dollars and effort. My boys came in the woman's restroom with me until I could trust them not to do stupid things. And I revoked privileges as needed. Any woman in the restroom was understanding, I never had any issues.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

Well that's part of the point, you don't need a genital examination to decide what bathroom you're allowed to use. I don't see why they can't just choose the bathroom they're comfortable using, similar to how you can now. They're not looking for a law to say they're allowed to use their preferred bathrooms, it's not like the south park episode. It's along the same lines as forcing someone who's gay to use the women's bathroom, in the sense that it's discriminatory. Because, if we're working with the current definition, gender is a social construct, meaning it's entirely dependent on a person's feelings, similar to sexuality. If a person is living the rest of their lives as a man, and then is forcibly examined by the govt, determined to have a vagina, and told they have to use the woman's bathroom it's discriminatory because gender is not sex. Our current definitions have biological sex and gender as different things for a reason.

For example, an intersex person would have male chromosomes, born with both a penis and vagina or combination thereof, and would choose what gender to live their life as because their genitalia is completely ambiguous.

A transgendered person is psychologically one gender, physically another sex until they're able to get sexual reassignment surgery (if it's deemed medically necessary in their situation). I don't think it should matter what stage of transition they're in before they can start living their lives as their preferred gender. Living their lives as their psychological gender alleviates the stress/depression and host of other symptoms, so why shouldn't they use which bathroom best suits them? It matters to them, a lot. They're not looking to hurt anybody, just trying to mind their own businesses, and if you're in transition being reminded you have genitals opposite to your gender can cause extreme mental discomfort.

We really shouldn't accept a law that hurts people who are just trying to be left alone.
great point love the way you put it

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19122760]Iamthatbish[/post

Yeah, I wouldn't say they're fabulous accommodation. Point being the laws in the link at the beginning of the thread aren't about making coed bathrooms, it's about requiring genital examinations at schools to determine which bathroom someone should use. The trans students would be required to undergo a genital examination to determine which bathroom they should use instead of just going wherever they feel comfortable. Really weird in my opinion, not to mention a total waste of money. The idea of an extra "gender neutral" bathroom is "separate but equal" legislation and already determined unconstitutional, so instead these "bathroom police" laws are popping up to stop what, really?
edit on 16-3-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Has anyone here ever used a multi stale male/female restroom? I have. They HAD one at the Ollie's near my house. I honestly just waited in the stall until I was alone. My children flat out refused to used it useless another person went in with them. Now its a very large single male/female restroom.

I can say I didn't think being embarrassed was a big deal however there were adults that felt more strongly about how creepy it was than my children did. The complaints caused a change.

This goes back to the transgender restroom issue because others don't want to be inconvenienced due to another persons personal life. I'm not saying that's right, that's just how it is. This seems like a waste of tax dollars and effort. My boys came in the woman's restroom with me until I could trust them not to do stupid things. And I revoked privileges as needed. Any woman in the restroom was understanding, I never had any issues.
you stated yourself on your own poin you chose to make sure your boys didnt do stupid things. Unfortunatly socity is built to do thst but is what creates this basis if we never wore clothes as humans would sexuiality be such a big thing? And therefore it could have been possible if nuditity wasnt considerd sexual as it is so wht would our anatomys really be?just us

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe
How come on other post you say you can't speak on certain things because you have not experienced it so what's different this time? You saying your one of those people with an identity crisis?

What's different this time is that I, which I know it's hard to believe so you'll have to suspend disbelief for a few seconds, have actually used a bathroom a few times in my life and when sitting on the toilet to defecate I really haven't cared about another individual's genitals that might be using the stall next to me. When I'm sitting on the toilet with my pants down my first thought isn't about the assorted reproductive organs I might be sharing the room with.

I never mentioned identity crisis. I asked you why you care what bathroom somebody uses. Having been an expert user of bathrooms since I was a toddler I thought that perhaps asking a question related to using the bathroom might be within my realm of experience. Where you are coming up with this idea that disobeying the signs on a bathroom door is tantamount to abolishing all law and order in society I have no clue. It was a simple question.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The social (seriously not just social though, it's invasive as heck) issue here is the government making laws which would spend money check students' genitals to determine which bathroom they should use. Not sure how you made it about your Johnson though. If you're in the bathroom and someone else's genitals become relevant to you when they're behind closed doors, the problem isn't that they're transgendered.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The amount of cognitive dissonance on this issue is overwhelming.

While I understand the complex nuances of individual identification and self-understanding, and have been through my own set of gender dysphoria and that entire phase of wondering if I was transgender or really wanted reassignment surgery as a life choice....I'm absolutely at a loss for words at how far reaching this issue has become.

Seriously. Am I the only one who sees public bathrooms with this symbol?

Hate to be harsh, but this is what happens when an entire generation is potty trained while taking selfies.

Did all these kids come straight out of the lab as teenagers?
Seriously?

I understand the need for recognition, believe you me, but my god...this issue is beyond ridiculous on so many levels.

Elementary Potty Training:

You have this? You go in this room. This is how you do it.
You have that? You go here. This is how you do it.

Simple.

As long as you have this or that you go here or there.

Oh but no....everyone has to take every thing personally and make it a big drama fest about civil liberties, equal rights, discrimination, gender issues and social bias because Mommy and Daddy are too busy working in order to provide them with a head up on life and unfortunately there's that nasty side effect of abandonment issues that come flooding forth.

I know this. I've been there myself. I got over it.

Props for being "socially conscious" and raising awareness, but there's a frickin' limit.

Suck it up kids - it builds character.

if you have this much trouble going to the freaking bathroom I'm seriously wondering what the hell you're ever going to contribute to the world at large besides an massive influx of anal retentive interior decorators, political advocates further clogging up the pipes of the political process, and even more annoying consumers making life hell for the rest of us because - oh my god - that pair of socks you wanted didn't come in the exact right color of blue with perfect pink polka dots and by god, let me speak to a manager!

Whatever it is, it sure ain't gonna be a cure for cancer.

Protip: Stay at home, use you own bathroom until you get over your personal issues, and order online socks from China.

You'll get over it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join