It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lack of worship among our youth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is only my opinion, and I just want to know what you think.
It seems to me that lately I have been hearing alot about how the youth of the world, particularly in the free nations, are losing faith. I hear that they aren't praying, going to church, or studying. I hear that the youth has become jaded and no longer thirsts for peace.
I don't doubt the jading of youth. Youths are exposed to alot. What I want to know is if the drop in faith is not due to the fact that most youth see that the perimeters of religion are set by men, that our books were created and written by men, that other information was lost or held by men, and man is by nature a faulty creature. Isn't some of the dissention due to that? Do you think the youth feel they can't trust religous institutions? Do you think they are sick of the double talk and partial truths? Do you think they even care? Is the situation as far advanced as the book "Mind Seige" portrays (for example)? What do you think? I want all opinions please!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the majority of it revolves around the fact that youths today spend more time involved in entertaining themselves with tv, video games, and whatnot. When given the opportunity to learn about religions or spiritual things, they would rather do something fun. The bible for one describes that in the end people will think only of themselves and want to be entertained all the time. I think that it didn't miss its mark, for that is exaclty what the majority of youths like to do today.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I see it as being due to frustration and lack of hope for the future.
Bush is back for another four years, which guarantees more lost jobs. Kids leave school with no hope for the future.

The youth see a hypocrite in charge who says one thing and does another. Who says he's a Christian yet whose true god is money & power. Who says he believes in Christ (the prince of peace) yet killed more people in death row than any when he was governor. And thats to say nothing about the thousands of human beings of all sides killed in his vendetta with Saddam.

If this man is a Christian, then I can understand why the youth don't want anything to do with the religion.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Bush was a member, and probably still is, of the Skull and Bones. The group itself is a mockery of Christianity, hence their insignia. Go figure

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Maybe the word worship is offensive to them? Maybe they don't want to worship? Maybe they are sick of the violence in the world, and they realize it is nearly all because of "worship"?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by leerwilke
I have been hearing alot about how the youth of the world, particularly in the free nations, are losing faith. I hear that they aren't praying, going to church, or studying. ~AKA not worshipping~

You said it, not me.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Why worship a God that does not war against evil?

Why praise a faith that cowers before the world and serves the powers of money and material?

Why study the words of a Messiah that doesn't show any sign of winning aaginst his enemies?

That is why the youth of today don't seem to care: They' aren't stupid. They see very plainly the absurd hypocrisy of today's religions.

Youth love good by their natures, unless they have been corrupted.

Children are drawn towards genuinely good people like a magnet. They hunger and thirst for the truth being told to them. They love God, and they love good men.

It's not a problem with the youth - It's a problem with THEIR WORLD.

There's isn't anything worthy of praise in the world, the governments are corrupt and vile, the institutions are corrupt and mischeivious, the great men are merely rich men, and philosophy has become extinct in the west. I wouldn't rejoice either.

Arkaleus

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't think going to Church is needed to worship. Many thank God on their own and bless him for what he has brought everyone on this earth. I think a larger problem is the rise of atheism.

But...as a Christian, there would be no reason to be afraid or wary of the situation because ultimately God's will would be served.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This attitude really disturbs me.

I have a green lawn in front of my house. Because of the terrible condition of the world and the oppressions of satan, it keeps getting weeds, dog poo, and crabgrass in it.

Now I am good Christian, so I went inside and said a prayer to God, and read some scriptures, and asked God most sincerely to heal my lawn. I trust in God to take care of matters because I know His Will governs everything and Everything will unfold according to His good plan.

My neighbor has a nice lawn too. I know he doesn't go to church, and I've never seen him pray or read the scriptures like I do. When his lawn gets weeds or crabgrass, I see him out on his hands and knees with a trowel, weeding and digging to get rid of the infestation.

I pray for rain, and he is out watering it with the hose, I pray for a verdant season, and he uses fertilizer.

Today when I woke up and looked out at the front yard, I could see our two lawns. His was all green and healthy, and mine looked like a meadow.

Why doesn't God hear my prayers?

There is no virtue in sitting around waiting for an action of God. God rests. Men work. Get up and start doing so. If evil has come into the world, the only thing that will remove it is the act of justice. All we can do is speak about it right now, so why hesitate?

Americans, we are all householders, we are all citizens. We need to be a little concerned about our house and our inheritance. It's okay to address worldy matters if you are religious. Religion is a rule to judge wordly matters by - there is no such thing as separation of reason and religion. I happen to believe that nothing will occur by passive behavior.

I believe that the passive races of the earth will fall into slavery.

I also believe that God the Father encourages men to rule his household and his nation, and to judge matters righteously. In other words, be wary and wise.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In my opinion it isn't so much a problem with kids not going to church. I think that has cropped up due to a lack of spirituality from the parents for the most part. I know in my own experience my parents never graced the door of a church after their wedding day. They weren't even one of those High Holiday Christians, yet something drew me to church. See, you don't have to go to church to be a devote Christian. I've been to church extensively and have found what I was seeking only in 3 of them. For the most part churches are den's of thieves, liars, and idolatry, in my opinion that is. I think, due to personal experience, that most church's don't know how to deal with the youth of today. They get lost in the "old world" way of doing things and forget that to draw the youth of today they must step out of their generational boxes and reach forth in ways that today's youth can hear, understand, and embrace. How many church's do you run across today that strive to draw the youth of today to church by accessing things that they understand and long for? Not many. How many church's do you see today that are dry, without life, without the future of that church sitting in the pews and being nurtured and trained up with the elder's of the church mentoring and decipling them? All too few church's strive to be the place the average youth needs it to be. All to many believe that the youth must conform to the church in dress, attitude, actions, rather than seeing the good of the heart and the thirst of the spirit of them. I say this from personal experience.

regs out...

top topics

join