It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Technique Offers Direct Stimulation of Neurons Without External Connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Researchers at MIT have developed a method to stimulate brain tissue using external magnetic fields and injected magnetic nanoparticles — a technique allowing direct stimulation of neurons, which could be an effective treatment for a variety of neurological diseases, without the need for implants or external connections.

Source

It's finally confirmed folks. We are all under mind control. Those who resist will get their faces melted off. Time to put to good use what little part of your brain they haven't turned into mush. No need for an iron injection when its been accumulating in your brain and body the entire time you've been alive.

Abstract:

Wireless deep brain stimulation of well-defined neuronal populations could facilitate the study of intact brain circuits and the treatment of neurological disorders. Here we demonstrate minimally-invasive and remote neural excitation through the activation of the heat-sensitive capsaicin receptor TRPV1 by magnetic nanoparticles. When exposed to alternating magnetic fields, the nanoparticles dissipate heat generated by hysteresis, triggering widespread and reversible firing of TRPV1+ neurons. Wireless magnetothermal stimulation in the ventral tegmental area of mice evoked excitation in subpopulations of neurons in the targeted brain region and in structures receiving excitatory projections. The nanoparticles persisted in the brain for over a month, allowing for chronic stimulation without the need for implants and connectors.

Consider this is being released, it has been probably used against us for decades. People can deny the use of wave stimulation but if you've ever put a fork in the microwave, similar reaction happen in the brain. That a "theory" at the moment for anyone who's going to jump on me about electromagnetic radiation being harmless. If they are after my iron deposits, they have to penetrate my aluminum head shielding.

Maybe next time you forget something on your grocery list, the food store will automatically send you a reminder after scanning your mind for the last time you realized you need it. As you get closer to the checkout, you'll "sense" your missing that bottle of ketchup.

A PDF of the study.

This video shows a calcium ion influx into neurons as a result of magnetothermal excitation with alternating magnetic fields in the presence of magnetic nanoparticles. Neurons on the right have been heat-sensitized with the capsaicin receptor TRPV1; neurons on the left have not.

In their study, the team injected magnetic iron oxide particles just 22 nanometers in diameter into the brain. When exposed to an external alternating magnetic field — which can penetrate deep inside biological tissues — these particles rapidly heat up.

Magnetic and electromagnetic, twin separated at birth. One in the same. Is that your phone ringing? Take a break from the relaxing wifi radiation and go press that phone up against your head. I'm basking in a dose of radiation as I type so don't feel bad. I hear it messes with your sleep.

The particles, which have virtually no interaction with biological tissues except when heated, tend to remain where they’re placed, allowing for long-term treatment without the need for further invasive procedures.

Is this similar to the ferrite particles found in migrating birds? Do humans have a similar mechanism that can control the way we think and act?

The next step toward making this a practical technology for clinical use in humans “is to understand better how our method works through neural recordings and behavioral experiments, and assess whether there are any other side effects to tissues in the affected area,” Anikeeva says.

Behavioral experiments?I thought they already had these systems in place. Maybe the information is secret. All I'm saying is they better keep this to extreme medical cases only. No one will be realigning my moral and sexual compass any time soon. I'm happy in the direction I'm going.

edit on 15-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes.
The Orgasmatron could be a real thing soon.

I am guessing Apple will come out with it first.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Yes.

interestingly the nerve bundle responsible for that is not in the brain. its in the lower spine. they found this out in an accident where a woman was being treated for some other condition and they hit the wrong spot in the spine.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Yes.

I was thinking the same thing, but the injecting of the magnetic nanoparticles will have to be made (or injected) into a body suit before I'll get on board.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Get your minds out of the gutter!

I would imagine a persons mood could be altered just by walking through a strong magnetic field.

Maybe an MRI or airport scanner?

Remember, they did say the effects may be permanent.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Neurology is at it's infancy in terms of mapping the brain and it's functioning, so I would definitely not be a willing participant in anything of this nature.

new topics

top topics

join