It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What President Obama Had To Say About UFOs.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Obama is telling the truth - while trying to make it seem humorous, nice spin.

Excellent first post, nice find!
S&F
edit on 17-3-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
It isn't out of the question, but I was curious which effort strikes you as even vaguely plausible as a true "filmed on-location?"

There isn't one, yet. Just can't get any traction on the idea. Alas.

Even going at it like "You remember how many recruits you guys got out of 'Final Countdown'!" doesn't work.

eta: Grant you, you have to hum in a contrived antagonist, sort of like the attack at Pearl Harbor for FC. If the whole movie had been "we just got sucked into a noisy vortex thingy and now we're in...1927" it wouldn't have worked. "Let's float around for two hours repairing systems and then wait for the next vortex thingy" would have sucked.

So, what's the choices. You could try the 'sad but terminal control systems failure' thing, but it's hard to get a really good scare on plot wise if it's just 'the ship re-aligned with Einsteinian space time ok...but everyone in it got turned into chutney', if there's no antagonist to strive against other than 'it took a long ass time to get the transfer functions just right - most of the time'.

It's hard to work up drama for 'there's a skanky ocean-like body of water with scum in it', or 'it's red and dim and sandy'. Once you've seen a lichen it's pretty boring even if you do weird close-ups with jarring piano chords like Ron Howard in Apollo 13. And cliff structures that sort of look like Anasazi cliff dwellings but might be just odd sandstone formations are great the first time but after that, unless you find something in one which no one has (guess you could make that your macguffin) they're pretty much nothing.

Let's see, what else. There's no fish. You could maybe have everyone catch a disease but there's nothing you can catch, apparently.

Pretty undramatic to show "I laid out under the crop lights ... again" or "We're OUT OF TENNIS BALLS (jarring piano chords)" or "The last can of dip...IT'S GONE!" (jarring piano chords)

So, you would have to not have your drama at planet Dirt. I guess you'd have to have the guys go on to an unannounced NEW location, where they discover what the secret standing orders are for new encounters or something.

edit on 17-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Except that with Truman, Reagan, perhaps Kennedy, and to a lesser extent Clinton, we're talking about intelligent, resourceful, calculating, discreet, patriotic, trustworthy (with respect to state secrets - not their personal, ahem, weaknesses), men of their word. Intellect, discretion, etc., go a long way toward moving up a few notches on the 'privileged-info' ladder.

Obama? I don't think so. Intellect? Discretion? Patriotism? Don't make me laugh.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That was pretty amusing.. .thanks.

Oh, to know what you might know... heh. But yeah, that's how it likely is for most real estate we're certainly not finding yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sometimes you come across individuals involved in groups that would be right in the thick of the UFO/Alien experience. And they would be sworn to a secrecy clause. Very likely military or a type of security agency NSA,CIA,FBI or any number of Black Ops group.

I can only say that I believe all that has been in Area 51 or similar types of holding facilities or research facilities has been of Terrestrial origin.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
There will be no official disclosure(imho).

Any disclosure must come with deniability. Therefore, it will not come from "official" sources.

Oh course there wont be.
The people begging for disclosure will yell "false flag, it's fake".

It has happened every time any current or former government official has said something about aliens..(not just in the us)

At this point it will be a waste of their time, the tax payers time.

People who want disclosure wouldn't know how to handle it.

They already know what THEY WANT to hear. So if it isn't:
space fairies, with magical powers zipping bubba up to the spaceship.

They will not be happy.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't want to over-analyze but the point where Obama says
"they exercize strict control over us" .. that extra statement is so unnecessary that it holds much truth in my opinion,
also look at how he forces himself to laugh and smile ridiculously hard when Kimmel says "they will be analyzing your facial expressions .."

BUT, the most important statement that no one has talked about is one of the last things he says :
"I .. I ... I ..I can't reveal anything"
> oh really ? (Kimmel asks)
and then he nods so seriously, he was being honest that moment and actually admitting that there are ET-secrets
that we are not allowed to know about. This is the first time that an active president openly admits there is
stuff out there that "they" don't want the world to know, interesting times.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
This is my first thread on this please take it easy on me..

link

Last year, Kimmel broached the subject with former President Bill Clinton. He posed the topic of supposed UFOs and aliens at Nevada's top secret Area 51 military base in exactly the same way with both presidents.

Kimmel opening statement to Clinton last April:
"If I was president... I'd demand to see all the classified files on the UFOs, because I want to know, I'd want to know what has been going on. DID YOU DO THAT?"

Clinton response: "Sort of."

Kimmel opening statement to Obama on March 12:

"If I was the president... I would immediately race to wherever they have the files about Area 51 and UFOs, and I'd go through everything to find out what happened. DID YOU DO THAT?"

Obama response: "That's why you will not be president, because that's the first thing that you would do."

To us average Joe's it's humor to them it might be the truth!!

"The aliens won't let it happen. You'd reveal all their secrets, and they exercise strict control over us," Obama said. "I can't reveal anything."

When Kimmel pressed Obama, telling him how Clinton claimed to have looked into government files on UFOs and found nothing, Obama replied, "Well, you know, that's what we're instructed to say."

While conspiracy theorists might have a field day with those types of comments, it should be pointed out that, throughout the short minute-and-a-half, UFO-alien-Area 51-related dialogue between Kimmel and Obama, both were smiling and laughing almost the entire time, giving the impression that everything said by the president was strictly humorous.

"I would love for the president of the United States to step to a podium and announce [the reality of ETs] to the world, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. I think it'll come about in a much different way, but it will come about."

I am seeing a lot of reference and rhetoric to aliens is something more going on??

Update July 27, 2023

PRESIDENT BIDEN's White House confirms that Aliens MAY or MAY NOT Exist.

"We know nothing for sure": www.foxnews.com...

So many years pass, yet the Presidents of the United States are still clueless?

Maybe humankind really is massively inferior on the mental scale.

They've brainwashed all of us into confusion!

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Something tells me when 'they' want us to know, we will know. Until then, it's going to remain ambiguous.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You don't have to have them tell you. If you want the story just read the religious AND esoteric texts of all religions. If you are keen on spirituality the learn astral travel too. Sorry to tell your religion is alien worship.
edit on 28-7-2023 by OccultMind2021 because: Correction

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I think it interesting that Obama always had the nothing to see here and if there is or was? Don't worry about it attitude.

Whether that was from a disclosure to him as(we recently had with metallic orbs) in no threat what so ever or he was already mentally checked out as; How could death be any worse than living stoicism or perhaps; Just a dead-pan comedic response of; Woo the government might have spooky secrets in a playing it up sarcastic manner to the questioning?

I can't say... As all three are plausible.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join