It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who sin are not born of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Akragon

So in short, sin is to not love others and treat them as you would want to be treated.

But what if you do both in equal measure? Sin and not sin by your definition?

There are people worth loving and treating as I would want to be loved and treated, and there are others who..............you would have to be insane to treat them in such a manner. There are people who don't get the concept of being nice and live their lives in that manner.

I don't hate them and I don't treat them as they should be treated. I'm too old for that sh!t. I just ignore them altogether. Does not caring about people one way or the other count as sin? If so, does the love I give balance it all out to where I at least get pergatory in the end?

Rhetorical questions for me personally. Just thought I'd pick your brain.

Just don't go ragging on Jesus. Jesus is alright. If anything, call out the editors of that book. They're the ones who really screwed it all up.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

After healing a crippled man at a pool in Bethesda, Jesus told a man to stop sinning:

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”
(John 5:14)

Jesus saved an adulteress from being stoned by a lynch-mob. He then forgave her and told her to leave her life of sin:

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
(John 8:11)

In the following verse, Jesus says that the Kingdom of Heaven is obtained by the actions of doing the Father's Will, and is forfeited by doing evil:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
(Matthew 7:21-23)

Jesus spoke of the cessation of sin by personal introspection and goodly deeds based upon Love. It was Saul of Tarsus (Apostle Paul) who later taught that living in sin is ok just as long as you believe. But we are once again reminded of Jesus' words; Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

edit on 3/15/15 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I wasn't being harsh or anything, just giving my thoughts on your idea.

No need to leave, unless you want to of course.

It's probably best that I do lol. Religious discussions around here seem to be beacons for people that I don't have the patience to discourse with in a manner compliant with the T&C's lol.
(Present company not included).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Let's add a bit of context to that particular verse.

1 John 1
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

I am not without sin because I did not always know God (I wasn't always born of God), so for me to say I have never sinned would be a lie. What I can say though is that since I have been born of God I no longer sin anymore. The key words to look for in that verse (the one you quoted) are "do not go on", as in they do not CONTINUE to sin.

Being born of God is not an immediate process, you have to come into the knowledge of him. You are bound to sin before coming to the knowledge of God, but once you know God and are born of him, you cannot go on/continue to sin. This is what John meant. It's kind of like someone who loses their legs cannot go on walking, but that doesn't mean they've never walked before.

Sorry for the slightly morbid comparison.

edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Great examples and good additions to the thread Sahabi. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Eh 3NL1GHT3N3D1, sin means different things to different people, depending on where they are in their walk with the Lord.

In an overt sense, it's fairly obvious that not keeping the commandments or laws can be considered sin ie, the 10 commandments or any of the other laws recorded in the scriptures.The Mosiac law in particular, could be difficult to live up to.

I believe we are under grace, after the great work Jesus completed through the Good News, and his sacrifice on the cross.When I describe myself as a sinner, it's because a part of me feels that God alone is good.The world is not bad, though my understanding of the life I live and lessons I have learned leaves alot to be desired.For me to be without sin, I would have to be able to choose wisely and practice using God's judgment instead of my own.

There's along way to go, I can honestly say I harbour few regrets for the life I have led, but there are so many lessons yet to learn.Generally, I'm of clean conscious and behave well, however my conscious still shows me when I'm caught off guard and miss the mark by repeating errors that I thought I left behind.It's a learning process, I feel practicing learning and understanding the drawbacks of the larger sins, encourages one to look deeper and work more with the more subtle roots of them.(Areas like thought control, self discipline, diet, exercising greater responsibilities of the words I use, range and scope of energies I use, etc..)

It doesn't bother me to describe myself as a sinner, because I know I'm transparent when it comes to the one who matters.I don't want to make it any easier for me to stop working on the areas I know I need improvemnet...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Hmmm... good question. I'm not too sure about that one. To be indifferent about someone and to avoid them isn't exactly a bad thing I don't think, so I personally don't see a problem with it. As long as you don't hate them then you're ok in my book (not that my book is any kind of authority).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I love this thred

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: twiztedjester

Not all of us sin, that is Christian dogma IMO. Jesus said he didn't come for the righteous but the sinners, meaning there were those in his time that did not sin but were righteous.
is it fair to say if you dont believe in a religion and more in the fact we are animals that there is no sin

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If there is no feeling of guilt or shame, there is no sin.

"look, you are naked"

1 John 3
8 The one who does what is sinful (feels guilt/shame) is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains
If there is no feeling of guilt or shame, there is no sin.

"look, you are naked"

1 John 3
8 The one who does what is sinful (feels guilt/shame) is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

what about the mental people who kill and never feel shame?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Satan, "sinning since the beginning."

That has a nice ring to it...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What about them? Their actions show where their absence is.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

if there is no guilt or shame there is no sin are they sinners or not

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Then I guess the entire planet consisting of humans are not of GOD !!! Only the animals are without sin.... oh wait isn't murder a sin.....then I guess the animals that kill for food are sinners too....so that leaves PLANTS as the only non sinners....unless you count the venus flytrap as a plant....personally I think the flyrap is an alien so it doesn't count!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Then I guess the entire planet consisting of humans are not of GOD !!! Only the animals are without sin.... oh wait isn't murder a sin.....then I guess the animals that kill for food are sinners too....so that leaves PLANTS as the only non sinners....unless you count the venus flytrap as a plant....personally I think the flyrap is an alien so it doesn't count!
good point lol

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: twiztedjester

Perhaps you should ask a mental person...

Imo, there is no sin but what we make for ourselves... Except that which the church make to spoon feed us with.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Those who are born of God "cannot go on sinning", meaning past sin can be forgiven and you no longer sin afterward.

If you forgive others then God will forgive you, if you forgive others then that is a sign of love, if you love others then you do not sin against them, if you do not sin against them you are born of God, if you are born of God then you do not go on sinning.

These are all supported by scripture, I can quote them if you like.

Also, killing in self defense is not murder. If an animal kills another for food, it is "defending" its life against starvation so it cannot be a sin to follow the natural order. Only when you kill for no reason or for an unreasonable reason is it considered murder.
edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: twiztedjester

i really feel your point i more or less i am the same were animals but on this stand point and what u posted that if they dont feel in anyway aginst it they didnt sin

Perhaps you should ask a mental person...

Imo, there is no sin but what we make for ourselves... Except that which the church make to spoon feed us with.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

If you forgive others then God will forgive you, if you forgive others then that is a sign of love, if you love others then you do not sin against them, if you do not sin against them you are born of God, if you are born of God then you do not go on sinning.

3NL1GHT3N3D1 , at this point, why do some individuals have such a difficult time forgiving themselves?
edit on 15-3-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: added some

edit on 15-3-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: removed rest of quote for context

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join