It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who sin are not born of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

John 8
34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

Jesus says that those who commit sin are slaves to sin and that a slave has no permanent place in the family. This means that those who sin have no place in Jesus' family, a.k.a. no admittance into heaven.

1 John 3
8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

John says that those who do what is sinful are of the devil and that Jesus came to destroy the work of the devil which is sin. This means those who sin are children of the devil and not God.

1 John 3
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

He then goes on to say that anyone who is born of God does not continue to sin because God's seed remains in them. This means that when someone comes to know God they cannot go on sinning. If Jesus came to destroy the work of the devil (sin) then why do Christians admit to continuing to sin?

Who is the one who is born of God?

1 John 5
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith. 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Those who are born of God are those who overcome the world and those who overcome the world are those who believe Jesus is the Son of God.

Don't Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God? If so, why do they admit they are sinners and that they sin every day? As Jesus says, those who commit sin are slaves to sin, and as John says those who do what is sinful are of the devil. If they are sinners then how can they claim to have overcome the world and to have been born of God? Those who are born of God do not continue to sin according to John, yet Christians admit to sinning every day. They claim to be children of God, yet John says those who sin are of the devil, a.k.a. children of the devil.

These verses are their own contexts, they speak for themselves, so please don't accuse me of taking them out of context.

If you are a child of God then you do not sin, if you sin then you are a slave to sin and of the devil according to these verses. How can Christians believe they sin every day and still claim to be children of God who have overcome the world?

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a bash thread, I am only pointing out the contradictions in Christian theology to show people the error of their ways. I am doing this to help, not to hurt. So please, do not accuse me of bashing Christians and their beliefs. If I do not point these things out then I feel like I am doing a disservice to you guys.

And please, do not turn this thread around onto me. Address the information in the OP, not me personally. I find it sad that I have to add this to the end of my threads but it seems I have been getting a lot of hate lately for my views. Please be respectful and I will return the favor.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I like the theory and the points made nice post

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Perhaps you should define sin before moving forward here?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What about jonh 3:16 though does that contradict or add to the statement that if jesus died to clense our sins that we born of god would no longer sin and does your statement prove since were all sinners none of us born on earth are born of god?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Not following Jesus' commandments on love, in my opinion.

To sin is to break the "law". The fulfillment of the law is love, so someone who loves does not sin, and those who do not sin keep Jesus' commandments on love. Those who keep Jesus' commandments show love for God and remain in his love.

So in short, sin is to not love others and treat them as you would want to be treated.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Akragon

Not following Jesus' commandments on love, in my opinion.

To sin is to break the "law". The fulfillment of the law is love, so someone who loves does not sin, and those who do not sin keep Jesus' commandments on love. Those who keep Jesus' commandments show love for God and remain in his love.

So in short, sin is to not love others and treat them as you would want to be treated.
but dosent the bible state to not follow the ten commandments are sin?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hmm...Weren't Adam and Eve supposedly banished from the garden because of their sin? And didn't god directly create Adam and Eve? Kind of hard to reconcile that with the ideas proposed here....

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: twiztedjester

According to Christians we are all sinners, if you sin then you have not been born of God, so in the eyes of a Christian no one is born of God, yet to be born of God is to believe Jesus is the Son of God and they believe that so they also believe they have been born of God.

Contradiction city.

And I do not believe John 3:16 has any bearing on my OP. The Son is the only begotten image of God. We all share the same image, it is the only begotten image. Check my sig on Jesus being the image of God to understand what I mean.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That's what I'm saying. Jesus' commandments of loving your neighbor and God condensed the 10 commandments into 2 commandments, simplifying them. To break one of his commandments is to sin, yes.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Hmm...Weren't Adam and Eve supposedly banished from the garden because of their sin? And didn't god directly create Adam and Eve? Kind of hard to reconcile that with the ideas proposed here....
maybe eden is heven therefore no one can enter what is believed to be eden due to the fact we all sin ?

cj6

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Is it realistic to think that there actually exists a human being that does NOT commit sin??

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Banished from the Garden yes, but they weren't separated from God until Cain killed Abel. I don't believe eating the fruit was a sin personally, unless someone's eyes being opened can be considered a sin of course. Jesus "opened the eyes" of a blind man and allowed him to see. Was that a sin? I don't think so personally.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Not all of us sin, that is Christian dogma IMO. Jesus said he didn't come for the righteous but the sinners, meaning there were those in his time that did not sin but were righteous.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cj6
Is it realistic to think that there actually exists a human being that does NOT commit sin??
i say no and yes by the ten commandments no by jesus comandments that l1ght stated sure but whats to truly define sin with theose two in play?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: AdmireTheDistance well they were told not to by god wouldnt that make it a sin noted as tge orignal sin?

Banished from the Garden yes, but they weren't separated from God until Cain killed Abel. I don't believe eating the fruit was a sin personally, unless someone's eyes being opened can be considered a sin of course. Jesus "opened the eyes" of a blind man and allowed him to see. Was that a sin? I don't think so personally.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I don't think God would have forbidden them to eat a fruit that would open their eyes personally. We must consider the fact that those in power do not want our eyes opened either, so was it really God who forbid them or an impostor god?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

1 John 3
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

So there is noone who was born of God other than Jesus? A person can sin once in their entire life, thus proving they are not part of God's family and were not born of God. Ask for forgiveness but it doesn't change the fact that you have sinned just offers you a sense of a clean slate.

Also, from these words, a person must be aware of what sins are in order to never committ them. Unless aperson whom is truly born to God is unable to sin because God's seed would not allow it if it were truly present within that person.

Why would jesus be able to rid the sins of Earth, or destroy the Devil's work if sinning is always a possiblity for humans to make given their Free Will. The Devil's work was not destroyed or else sins would be unable to be committed. Unless there are no such things as sins anymore. If the devil and God are both good and evil, and the good was only able to send the devil to hell, but not rid evil from the face of humanity, God either cannot erase the devil in order to bring peace on Earth, or God chooses not to so we follow his rules of life and never show our animalistic tendencies to sin out of being imperfect organisms, or God and the devil are the same and one, the two sides of one god, testing the moral fiber of humanity for eternity, and God will always win as he is the only one playing the game with himself, but is merely testing his creation to do what was told to do for eternity to be considered a part of his family. yet man will always be part of his family because we are in his image and he chose to put us here with fear instilled within, fear of survival and fear of his judgement.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't believe either exist, so I'm going to respectfully leave this thread. I was just throwing that out there as an idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I wasn't being harsh or anything, just giving my thoughts on your idea.

No need to leave, unless you want to of course.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't think God would have forbidden them to eat a fruit that would open their eyes personally. We must consider the fact that those in power do not want our eyes opened either, so was it really God who forbid them or an impostor god?
dont the bible say when god created them he told them not to i havent read in a while and would have to dig out a bible and i have company lol but if at the time he created them he told than its either safe to say it was god or we were never created by god hints the thread were not born of god were sinners?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join