It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Latest Craze: Flushing Money Down The Toilet On "Luxury" Toilet Paper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.zerohedge.com... s/2015-03-14/americas-latest-craze-flushing-money-down-toilet-luxury-toilet-paper

US sales of what the industry calls "luxury" rolls — anything quilted, lotioned, perfumed or ultra-soft, from two- to four-ply — climbed to $1.4 billion last year, outpacing all other kinds of toilet paper for the first time in nearly a decade, data from market research firm Euromonitor International show. The luxury market is one-fourth the size of the standard TP market, but its prominence in Big Wipe is growing faster than many industry watchers expected. Luxury toilet paper sales have grown more than 70 percent since 2000, and they're expected to keep growing faster than all other categories every year through at least 2018.

OK ATS, Is this that's all that's left that we actually produce in this Once Great Nation of Ours? So, Now we are so Self Absorbed (Pun Intended) in our own Decadent Consumerism, that all that's left to make our pretty little tushies nice and fresh is Super Luxury Brands of Toilet Paper.

Howza bout Personalized Toilet Paper (Hand Calligraphied) with our own Monograms or Heraldic Coats of Arms? What Next is The Over Consuming Narcissistic Society we now call Normal? We already have every sort of pampering treatment to make us look more youthful and all sorts of supposedly healthy lotions and potions to keep us in Primo Condition.

I don't know have we just become a nation of Adolescent Spoiled Brats which any Grifter and Huckster can come along and create a "Need" just out of Media Hype and Pretty Lies? I don't know about you Guys and Gals, but I'm gonna stick with my Regular Scott Tissue Rolls. No need for The Perfumed/Lotioned Stuff here.

OK, I know this is a bit of a sticky subject LOL! But anything Y'A;; would like to add Comment Wise, Disgusted Rants, Raves etc. Is as always Most Welcome. OK ATS, Thanks for taking a look at this and Happy Wiping, Peace Guys
Arjunanda.
edit on 15-3-2015 by arjunanda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

"Nothing feels like Cashmere"

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh You Decadent Devll LOL
Arjunanda
Second Line
a reply to: Autorico

edit on 15-3-2015 by arjunanda because: Fix Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Murica...

You can't make this sh!t up.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I just buy 4 rolls of kitchen/food roll/paper for £1, three go in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. Sometimes use the local newspaper if I've forgotten to go to the shop...it's # paper at the end of the day, lame consumerism first world needs.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In old England times Royalty used to have a servant to wipe for them and it was usually a swan neck.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Honestly though, as long as it doesn't have the texture of construction paper, any tp is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
well, wouldn't any toilet paper be considered luxury item you simply flush away. I seen some budget cutters use a pile of cut up linen right beside their toilet that they use and wash after, saving whatever on TP yearly.

Actually, you could even have said linen sitting in a tank of anti-bacterial lotion for extra soft cleaning and save money.

hmm

I started this post to simply show that anything could be considered a luxury when alternatives are presented, but am starting to think the alternative may be cheaper and far more luxurious...
-ponders

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Must've sucked going against the grain of the feathers, ouch!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
oPoor Swans, That's awful, no wonder I'm not really enamored with The Royalty Thing, Good Reply and A Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: EnigmaAgent

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I just buy 4 rolls of kitchen/food roll/paper for £1, three go in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. Sometimes use the local newspaper if I've forgotten to go to the shop...it's # paper at the end of the day, lame consumerism first world needs.

gonna screw up your plumbing flushing that stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Arjunanda.

I got ya . Every now and then one little piece of info like this crops up and just symbolizes the sadness of our consumerism.
You joke but the possibility of monogrammed TP is only a few morning TV shows away from reality.

A utensil to cut our radishes to look like flowers. Boom.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We have to pay a little more for toilet paper that falls apart easily because it is better for our septic tank. We usually get the Scotts toilet paper. The fancy and perfumed ones aren't good for our septic.

I'm not one of those people who has a soft sweet smelling donkey
It's not good to say the other word, kids might be looking.
edit on 15-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hand and soap.

soap optional

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
Nope, only ever had a blockage once in the last 6 years, my next door neighbour and I share a pipe to the street sewer main and when I stuck rods down to clear it I found a pair of socks...my neighbour looked sheepishly at me and admitted he was caught short and they were his lol.
Kitchen roll and newspaper is fine in UK sewer systems...but socks aren't so good.

edit on 15.3.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hey TerryMcGuire, I joke but in a very Grim Fashion. It's just unbelievable what those wanting to extract our wealth will come up with to part us from our hard earned. Good Reply and A Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You're Right Ricky, We've gotta keep this thread clean
Arjunanda.
Second
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That's why in some countries, they don't shake hands. It's just not a very respectful thing to do if you see what I Mean...
Arjunanda. a reply to: stosh64

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ever use a bidet?

Take a poll. I'll bet 80% of Americans will have to Google it.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
You're Right Ricky, We've gotta keep this thread clean
Arjunanda.
Second
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, this shouldn't be talking about unclean toilet paper issues.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join