It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontarians oppose the new graphic sex-ed program for schools

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: Telos
You might want to investigate what the term 'enthusiastic sexual response' actually means. It means that unconscious does not spell yes, that not fighting does not spell yes, that submission does not spell yes...it means that kids need to learn that consent has to be imparted in a totally non-ambiguous manner, that there is no mistake as to what is being agreed to, how far anyone is prepared to go, and when it becomes sex by pressure, force or intimidation.

Sound like pretty good lessons to be taught and damn well about time. And if you don't get that, you aren't listening to the right people in ramping up your outrage.

I don't need to investigate nothing. I as a parent I don't want my 6, 7, 8, 9 years old to be introduced to such things. I'd rather my kid learn about math, spelling and why not, some early notions of history and geography because with what I see and hear from my kids school's curriculum, the new generation being raised is that of ignorants who don't know nothing about anything. I gladly take extra time to explain things to my children, teach them what is not being taught in schools and make sure they have extra stuff to read so can be ahead of the program. Seeing how the school system is being dumbed down is one thing. Adding perversion and deprivation is another thing. And no John, not some canadians think like me. A lot of canadians think like me. The one that think like you I've seen mostly belonging to LBTG community.

Now it seams that the thread is focusing to much on what you have to say, what I have so say and so forth. We apparently have our positions which aren't gonna change in spite of what arguments are being brought in the thread. So I say let's not continue and let others have their saying. Have a good one.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

Make them aware of how their future depends of preserving green way of life.

That one we can agree on.

Not only aware, but Personally Responsible.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: Annee

The point is, these are OUR kids, not yours, not the state's.

This area belongs to the parents, and no one else.
Period.

These children are the society of the next generation.

They don't need to be ignorant and have screwed up psychs because of being cloisterd by parents who fear natural feelings and attractions.

They actually don't belong to you --- as much as they belong to the world.

Yet another sentiment that makes many recoil at public education. Very presumptive.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Period.

They don't need to be ignorant and have screwed up psychs because of being cloisterd by parents who fear natural feelings and attractions.

Yet another sentiment that makes many recoil at public education. Very presumptive.

No, it's realistic.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Period.

No, it's realistic.

We will vote your agenda driven flock out.

Sick people ... belong to clinic ...not to serve public is my slogan.

D.O.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Period.

No, it's realistic.

D.O.

Sick?

Because of a realistic straight logic viewpoint?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You're going to beat it to death, aren't you?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

It gives a grade by grade breakdown at the link honestly ut doesnt get into anything to graphic until a bit later. I only saw one questionable thing in my scan over the material but the page seems a bit biased so its probably not as stated.

I don't think sex ed is a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Period.

No, it's realistic.

D.O.

Sick?

Because of a realistic straight logic viewpoint?

you miss physiological outcome. What you suggest is lethal to Ontario. Why you do not see that?

2nd.

DO

edit on 15-3-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I swear people have some kind of amnesia or something. Some kind of detachment from what it was like to be a child themselves. I remember very vividly that I learned far more about sex as early as 8-10 years old from other kids in school than I did in school. Again, this should not happen. You chuck a large mass of barely-supervised children onto a playground that range in age from pre- to post-pubescent, and let them learn about sex and their bodies through the telephone game of the peer network. Not a good system.

You cannot completely control what other children are going to say and do around your children. They are going to have some experience of sexual maturity whether you want them to or not when they are outside of the home.

Also, in my lifetime, we've gone from the words 'gay', 'lesbian', and 'fag', being tossed around as thoughtless insults on the schoolyard, to open acceptance of LGBT persons accross the board. It seems pretty clear from the derogatory way with which the OP in this thread and others that agree with them discuss the LBGT community, that we have not come far enough towards A. viewing non-hetero sexuality as naturally-occurring and nothing to be ashamed of and B. NOT viewing human sexuality as something that needs to be hidden from us until some nebulous age when we go and get pregnant on prom night as our first foray into the world of sexual relations.
edit on 15-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: CLARITY

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
I swear people have some kind of amnesia or something. Some kind of detachment from what it was like to be a child themselves. I remember very vividly that I learned far more about sex as early as 8-10 years old from other kids in school than I did in school. Again, this should not happen. You chuck a large mass of barely-supervised children onto a playground that range in age from pre- to post-pubescent, and let them learn about sex and their bodies through the telephone game of the peer network. Not a good system.

You cannot completely control what other children are going to say and do around your children. They are going to have some experience of sexual maturity whether you want them to or not when they are outside of the home.

Also, in my lifetime, we've gone from the words 'gay', 'lesbian', and 'fag', being tossed around as thoughtless insults on the schoolyard, to open acceptance of LGBT persons accross the board. It seems pretty clear from the derogatory way with which the OP in this thread and others that agree with them discuss the LBGT community, that we have not come far enough from accepting that not everyone A. views non-hetero sexuality as naturally-occurring and nothing to be ashamed of and B. views human sexuality as something that needs to be hidden from us until some nebulous age when we go and get pregnant on prom night as our first foray into the world of sexual relations.

Thanks for that.

I'm raising a kindergartner right now.

I know the issues the school is having with "attraction". Of course it's not explicit sex, but those who are choosing to turn a blind eye, are also choosing denial or just not paying attention.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Also, in my lifetime, we've gone from the words 'gay', 'lesbian', and 'fag', being tossed around as thoughtless insults on the schoolyard, to open acceptance of LGBT persons accross the board. It seems pretty clear from the derogatory way with which the OP in this thread and others that agree with them discuss the LBGT community, that we have not come far enough from accepting that not everyone A. views non-hetero sexuality as naturally-occurring and nothing to be ashamed of and B. views human sexuality as something that needs to be hidden from us until some nebulous age when we go and get pregnant on prom night as our first foray into the world of sexual relations.

What a poser. Like none of us were kids. See a doctor. WhT the rest of us have to do with your personal psychotic episodes. Leave Ontario alone.

DO

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What a poser. Like none of us were kids. See a doctor. WhT the rest of us have to do with your personal psychotic episodes. Leave Ontario alone.

DO
And here we are again, calling people sick. Let's just carry on leaving developing young people confused and ashamed about the in-born urges that cause the human race to continue to exist. Sounds like a plan.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Unfortunately for children, not all parents are mature enough to talk about these things with their children.

a reply to: caladonea

Then maybe they shouldn't be having kids. Academics is not the place we need to be discussing homosexuality, putting condoms on bananas, transsexuals etc. And as far as sexual predators irs called having parents who look out for and are engaged with their children, who they are exposed to, where they hang out etc. I don't send my kids to school to take the place of my parenting I send them to school to learn how to think, learn mathematics, history, science, art etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Unfortunately for children, not all parents are mature enough to talk about these things with their children.

a reply to: caladonea

Then maybe they shouldn't be having kids. Academics is not the place we need to be discussing homosexuality, putting condoms on bananas, transsexuals etc. And as far as sexual predators irs called having parents who look out for and are engaged with their children, who they are exposed to, where they hang out etc. I don't send my kids to school to take the place of my parenting I send them to school to learn how to think, learn mathematics, history, science, art etc.
I'm sorry, why shouldn't they discuss homosexuality in school?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Hmmm, looks like both you and I are "sick".

Maybe that's because we see what really is, without a filter.

edit on 15-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

the derogatory way with which the OP in this thread and others that agree with them discuss the LBGT community.

How about I get a bit pissed off now so the derogatory term used by you gets a more immediate meaning; Are you normal?????????? Where and how did I use any derogatory term against LGTB (that somehow is becoming the focal point of this thread)? Who cares about LGTB and their followers? Who gives a rats @ss about them anyway? Human society has been around for thousands of years. Education of the youngsters too. No kids have ever needed to be exposed to sexuality the way a lesbian and a pedophile is trying to convince us is the right way. Yes, I used the word lesbian and pedophile because both have an abnormal way of seeing sexuality and apparently the exposure of the kids to it. However that doesn't make the thread about LGTB.

WTH is wrong with you people? You're acting like we come from the jungle and poor us no one has ever taught us what sex is all about, what are the organs and so forth. Don't you remember being kids and how parents talked to us about sex? Today in school is being taught sexual education which is perfectly fine and very informative. Yes, kids need to know their body, need to know the difference of their organs, need to have an idea of sex...as much as we needed to know. And we did get all that information through the years and when the time was right. I for once as a parent I would never agree with the fact that my kids at age 6 should be introduced to sex and sexual organs. They don't even know how to read properly. Have yet no understanding of simpler things in life and you're telling me that I have to teach them about sex, about two daddies and two mommies...And especially when this teaching has been sorted out by a convicted pedophile? What, are we living in a roman orgy state of mind? Kids at 6 should be playing hopscotch and hide and seek not thinking about sex. Enough with this madness.

(post by darkorange removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
snip
edit on 15/3/15 by masqua because: off topic remark removed

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

We are going to eradicate your dead end flock. Be gone.

DO
That's some pretty hateful, dogma-infused language there. Have fun with all that.

But, it's not about homosexuals. Got it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join