It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontarians oppose the new graphic sex-ed program for schools

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

I note your insults. They are expected.

I am raising all my children to love God, with the knowledge that we were not created for this life.

We were created for eternal life, and I don't want want them to spend an eternity separated from their Creator.

It is that simple.

No "Hah" about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

I note your insults. They are expected.

I am raising all my children to love God, with the knowledge that we were not created for this life.

We were created for eternal life, and I don't want want them to spend an eternity separated from their Creator.

It is that simple.

No "Hah" about it.

There's a large "hah" about it.

You can't be 100% certain, whether or not you claim to be, that such a thing exists. You are proud of issuing your children to squander all the learning they could do in their lives about the differences of people to satisfy your personal ideological nonsense. Then you call me selfish? Please.

You are doing it wrong. Arguing, and parenting.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

They don't switch back and forth.

Sexual orientation is a complexity of the physical body, brain, etc.

Sorry, but 'switching back and forth' is common.

Sexual orientation depends on your chromosones and how those cromosones affected the development of your body....

Two X's and you're oriented toward men.

Replace an X with a Y and you're oriented towards women.

If you look down between your legs, you will see the clear point I am making.

You cannot be ordered any different unless you have a profound birth defect.

A man who experiences attraction to another man is not oriented towards him. In spite of his feelings, and what he may choose to do with those feelings, he is, and was, created as a male, oriented towards a female.

You are seriously ignorant on the subject of homosexuality.

(IGNORANT: lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated)

Your opinions are complete void of fact. You must be getting your information from the pulpit.

---------------------

Children need facts. Real facts. Not misinformation and myth.

These are the children the sex education program will best serve.

edit on 26-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Make no mistake, when your son hits the age of 13-15, he will likely begin to consider you one of the dumbest people he has ever met. That's not to say that you are actually dumb, . . .

OMG ---- when I was raising my teens, the friends with religious parents were the worst.

They were like wild animals escaping their cage.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sounds like Seamrog would benefit from this sex ed class as much as their kids.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

In order to benefit from learning, you would need the ability to listen.

Some people only know how to talk.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

You've come full circle...

"Anyone who does not agree with my life choices is _________." Fill in the blank there with the usual 'hateful,' 'bigot,' 'close-minded,' ...meh.

You've lived your entire life this way. "Accept me and my preferences on my terms."

I don't generally worry too much over people who organize themselves around their preferences, but when they subject children to it, I wretch.

You assume that my children exist in a bubble my wife and I surround them in - this is as misguided as the rest of your thoughts. They live in and amongst society.

They are just equipped with the reasoned ability to accurately discern good and evil. They are taught to strive for the good, and avoid the evil. God willing, they will continue that path their entire time here.

Even my five year old knows that a child cannot have two dads. She understands that it is as unnatural and disordered as a man loving another man is.

My eldest will finish her undergraduate work in the next two months. She has successfully navigated the cesspool of college culture, lived and defended her faith, raised almost $100k in three years for the local children's hospital - I could go on.

She also understands that same sex attraction is disordered, and same sex encounters are deviant, sinful behavior.

My eldest son is 18. He is the head alter server at our parish, and will be going to university in the fall. He is like his sister.

They both had the opportunity to hang out with friends whose parents let them live immorally - they just chose not too. This may be remarkable to people of limited intellectual ability, but they preferred to be in and amongst friends with families that lived ordered, traditional, moral lives.

None of my children would shun a peer who is trapped in the sickness people like deadfoot impose on them. They would love, and pity them, and do their best to share the stability they have in their family, and their faith.

It doesn't get too much better than that.

The Light will continue to shine on your darkness and agitate you. It will never leave you, and no amount of honey you pour on yourself will soothe it.

I sincerely, prayerfully hope you will come back to that Light, and bring the children in your care with you.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Another ideological split going on, and the kids are once again the victims.

It's clear that some parents are going to have delusional opinions about sex education, and they are clearly the ones in the wrong here.

Look at the world around you, this is the world in which your kids are going to have to live, work, and succeed. If you are unable or unwilling to educate them about REALITY and our ACTUAL SOCIETY, then you are a bad parent.

Lets make something real clear here - you cannot "make" someone LGBT. You either are, or you aren't. This is what the ignorant cultists cannot get through their thick skulls. Teaching kids about the REAL WORLD is not going to "indoctrinate" them into anything!

By all means, take your kids out of education and raise them as an ignorant religious drone, and then see them fail in life when they cannot deal with the REALITY around them. Raise your kids to be scared of you, raise them to be fearful of different people, raise them to be as ignorant as you are, and then see how that plays out.

These prudish and ignorant parents should not have the option of inflicting their religious delusions onto a society, if they hate the idea of their kids being educated properly to prepare them for the ACTUAL SOCIETY WE HAVE then they should be told to take their kids home and teach them there instead.

Reality check: if you are unwilling to educate your kids about our actual society, you are failing as a parent.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You assume that my children exist in a bubble my wife and I surround them in - this is as misguided as the rest of your thoughts. They live in and amongst society.

You might want to sit down for this, I have some home truths for you that you probably won't like.

If your kids are the glowing virtues of Christian faith you claim them to be, and as bigoted and closed minded as you claim them to be too, then you have done your kids a massive disservice. They will certainly not be able to function as others would in this society. There is no getting away from this reality, if they are as you claim to be and believe the things you believe, they will not reach their full potential.

They will be confronting all kinds of people in their lives, they will experience all forms of free citizens who do not believe the same things you have inflicted on your children. They will be at the mercy of those people too, forever. Their employers and colleagues will be LGBT, they will likely have family members who either come out or know people who have, their neighbors and friends will be LGBT or have relatives who are, and your form of ignorant brainwashing is going to damage them as a result.

You have, in reality, willfully created a psychological turmoil in your children which will impact on their lives and the relationships they will have. You have fostered in them an ignorance and an intolerance for others, like the Taliban member raising a Jihadist. You believe your beliefs allow you to abuse and inflict punishment on others, and your kids (if they follow your beliefs and accept them as true) will face massive turmoil throughout their lives because of this brainwashing.

You think you're better than the non-believers, and if your kids think that too they will find themselves in massive difficulties.

Aside from everything I have just said, I really don't believe that your kids are this delusional. I think you have very warped views of what your kids think, I really don't think it's possible in this day and age for a parent like you to be able to raise religiously indoctrinated haters in the way you seem to think you have.

I can bet that there are 1001 things your kids are not telling you, and I bet that there are plenty of sins they've committed without you having a damn clue. And I really hope that's the case. I hope your eldest kids have slept around, I hope they've experimented, I hope they've been drunk a few times, I hope they do all the things all normal teenagers do without telling their parents.

I can almost guarantee that whatever you think your eldest kids are, they most certainly are not. They are influenced by the reasoned opinions of those they socialize with, and unless you've raised them in a cult surrounded by other equally delusional cult members they will have been exposed to the realities of the world and society and will certainly not be as bigoted as you clearly are

Just bear this in mind: If your kids turn out to not be as ignorant and bigoted as you obviously are, they will reject you.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

They are just equipped with the reasoned ability to accurately discern good and evil. They are taught to strive for the good, and avoid the evil. God willing, they will continue that path their entire time here.

Oh, you ain't seen nuthin yet. Please keep us in mind and report back when all that that hubris makes pals with karma.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Make no mistake, when your son hits the age of 13-15, he will likely begin to consider you one of the dumbest people he has ever met. That's not to say that you are actually dumb, . . .

OMG ---- when I was raising my teens, the friends with religious parents were the worst.

They were like wild animals escaping their cage.

I had a friend when I was 15 who's mother was a real nutter, a Bible-thumping, preaching, hellfire woman ignorant of everything. I was a "satanist" (in her opinion) because I listened to Metallica and Guns n Roses and walked around in Doc Martens and a leather jacket.

My friend (her son) was the wildest of all our friends. He used to play on it all extremely well, the perfect Christian son when he was in her presence. But out of her sight he was almost out of control.

The moment he turned 18, and I mean literally the day he turned 18, he was out of that house and living with friends, making up for lost time.

I only found out a couple of years ago that she wasn't dead. When I met up with my friend after a few years (he's now married and has two kids) I assumed his mother had died because she's nowhere to be found. His dad is still a part of their lives and they all catch up for holidays and have dinner together every month, but the mother is banished.

I found out from his wife that he called his mother the day their eldest was born, and within a few minutes of talking to her he hung up on her and hasn't spoken to her since. She's never met her grandkids and she doesn't even know where they live. They changed their phone number twice when she started calling. She's on Facebook and tries to friend them and they refuse to do it.

It's sad in a way, but that's what happens when religious nutters inflict their nonsense on their kids who then grow up without that same attitude. I'm happy to say that he's a good friend now, as he was back then, despite the efforts of his mother to make him into a raving loon like her.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You've come full circle...

"Anyone who does not agree with my life choices is _________." Fill in the blank there with the usual 'hateful,' 'bigot,' 'close-minded,' ...meh.

Actually, no.

You fit the bill, that's all. I don't throw any of those words regularly in any sense.

And you seem to think it's perfectly okay to call my perfectly functional, budding, happy, healthy, loving family "the worst of all evils", when you have nothing other than the gender of the parents to go on, you are literally being closed-minded, to use the nicest words.

You cannot complain to me about being thrown into a box that you don't want to be thrown into when you are systematically doing so yourself. Stop wasting both of our time.

I don't generally worry too much over people who organize themselves around their preferences, but when they subject children to it, I wretch.

^ Exactly how I feel. It's kind of why I am still here. Gay youths have a staggeringly high suicide rate. A good parent would avoid even the SLIGHTEST chance of egging their child into suicide, but you are playing with that sensitive possibility based on your personal ideologies... and then have the self-righteous and self-praising audacity to preach to others about morality.

Too many logs in that eye to be throwing stones, sir. I am not going to take your family values seriously when you've made it so blatantly clear that you are trying to manufacture your children's thoughts to stand behind your personal ideologies, even if it kills them. That is so incredibly selfish.

edit on 27-3-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Believe in God, try and live your life according to his commandments, try to raise your children with the same mindset, and:

You are an ignorant, hateful, bigoted, abusive, close-minded, brainwashed, intolerant, delusional cultist.

All of this in the name of tolerance and acceptance for others.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As a parent of two children, I introduced both of them to my religion and my husband's religion and let them decide for themselves as to their choice of spiritual path. I also leave the interpretation of religious dogma to them to separate the wheat from the chaff.

When it comes to sexual education, it is about a myriad of topics including love, lust, contraception, manipulation, STDs, commitment, aging, intentions, physiology and physiological differences and perhaps problems to be encountered, and, yes, tolerance of others' choices, etc. etc. Sexual education, to me, is very important for a child's emotional and intellectual development and gives them the tools to make informed and mature decisions.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

Believe in God, try and live your life according to his commandments, try to raise your children with the same mindset, and:

You are an ignorant, hateful, bigoted, abusive, close-minded, brainwashed, intolerant, delusional cultist.

All of this in the name of tolerance and acceptance for others.

Rhetorical, parroted dribble. Do you have any original thoughts?

Here's the thing: you have clearly never considered the possibility that when they say these things, they are 100% correct, because you don't want to believe it, because it doesn't show you in the light that you want to be shown in.

You seem to believe that you have all of the answers on morality and that anything else is "a supreme evil". You say this in one breath, and then complain about being told by someone that you are being a "supreme evil", and you get upset and puke up this old, tired, worthless line?

If you don't like constantly being called closed-minded, stop being closed-minded. It's painfully simple; stable adults issue changes to suit their ideal outcome, whereas children complain about everyone else dragging them down and continue create convoluted excuses for why it's everyone else's problem when it's their own. When your children surpass that barrier, and see you still struggling to listen to a damn thing anyone says because it goes against your pre-conceived conclusion based on zero evidence, you are going to lose so much respect, and that's saddening at best.
edit on 27-3-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hey Deadfoot.

Just know you are not the "Lone Wolf" in this thread.

Us of "limited intelligence" must be doing something right

edit on 27-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Oh, you ain't seen nuthin yet. Please keep us in mind and report back when all that that hubris makes pals with karma.

This is another interesting comment...avoiding doing what is wrong, and trying to do what is right in this poster's mind sets one up for an ill-fated date with the god of karma.

I look at this comment and wonder 'what planet is this guy on?'

Another poster said he sincerely hopes my children are getting drunk and hooking up sexually.

Again I wonder "what planet are these people on?" You rejoice in debauchery, you celebrate sin, you wish harmful things on another man's children while patting yourselves on the back for being so welcoming, forward thinking, progressive and enlightened. Your rejection of the traditions held by your fathers and the abandonment of your human nature is viewed as a positive thing that has been a long time coming.

Then I remember that we are not created for this world - it has been given to the Father of Lies, and there are many who hate the Light, and they hate those who want to live in the Light.

It is only a matter of time before people of your ilk will criminalize obeying God's commands before those of the state - it is already happening in Europe and the great white Canada, and it will soon come here too.

The devil is a jealous master though - as deadfoot can confirm.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thank Gawd.

Atheism is increasing in number ---- while organized religion is decreasing in number.

Facts, science, reality ---- not myth.

--------------------

I was raised Christian. Gotta say one of the turn-offs was the arrogance.

-------------------

Children do need to be protected. They need to be taught Facts.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Atheism is increasing in number ---- while organized religion is decreasing in number.

I'm glad you picked up on my previous comment to you - this is further demonstration of that comment.

There are currently more than 1.5 billion Roman Catholics - that number continues to grow.

I know that is meaningless to you, due to well, my previous comment.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm glad you picked up on my previous comment to you - this is further demonstration of that comment.

There are currently more than 1.5 billion Roman Catholics - that number continues to grow.

I know that is meaningless to you, due to well, my previous comment.

Carry on.

I really don't care what your opinion is.

Facts are that Atheism/Humanism is growing, World Wide --- even in the Middle East.

Not only is Atheism/Humanism on the rise, but evidence points to organized religion "padding" their membership numbers.

If you've ever signed on as a member of a church, just try to have your name removed. It takes like an "act of congress". I had myself removed from one. I had to go through 3 levels and eventually send a notarized letter of removal. Few people will bother doing this.

According to the report, the younger generations are increasingly less religious: 32% of people under 30 have no religious affiliation, compared to 9% of those 65 and older. “College students and people starting families and entering new careers are coming out as non-religious in droves,” remarked Speckhardt. “Saying that you are an atheist no longer carries the stigma that it did in years past. More and more are recognizing that you can be good without a belief in a god.”

The American Humanist Association has seen an explosive growth of interest in humanism and atheism. Over the past decade, the 70-year-old organization has seen its supporter base quadruple to 20,000 members and supporters, with over 80,000 followers on Facebook. The Reason Rally, an event in Washington DC held last March and co-sponsored by the American Humanist Association and other freethought groups, drew 25,000 attendees who consider themselves atheists, humanists, and religiously unaffiliated.
americanhumanist.org...

---------------------------------------

Children need real information.

When parents deny children learning factual information it makes them vulnerable and ignorant in the real world.

Public schools are right in providing Facts to their students.

edit on 27-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join