It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontarians oppose the new graphic sex-ed program for schools

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Lol, i doubt your kids are educated about the nature of their sexuality, it sounds like they are more educated in your home grown bigotry.
It's good that you teach your kids about sex, but not every child is that lucky, so as long as they get that at school why should you be bothered.
Being taught how to have safe sex, and about internet safety and about same sex relationships is all good in my eyes.
Some kids may not have any knowledge about ssame sex relationships apart from their parents dont agree or think it's evil, those kids need to be taught that those attitudes are not welcome in mainstream society.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Here is the same old tired rhetoric of the sexually 'liberated.'

Disagree with me, and you are a hateful bigot!

Belief that homosexual behavior (and many other sexual behaviors now common and openly flaunted) is fundamentally wrong is 'not welcome.'

Congrats! You're a card carrying member of the thought police - the most intolerant of all, hiding in plain sight behind the banner of "TOLERANCE!"
edit on 25-3-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Belief that homosexual behavior (and many other sexual behaviors now common and openly flaunted) is fundamentally wrong is 'not welcome.'
Congrats! You're a card carrying member of the thought police - the most intolerant of all, hiding in plain sight behind the banner of "TOLERANCE!"

Oh My!!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Do you ever stop political trolling?

This is so adolescent at this point.

Your last line has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, and could just easily be thrown under the same blanket as "same old tired rhetoric".

Then there's the irony that you are trying to make sure kids don't learn about certain realities, and call other people "thought police".

I'm sure that kettle looks rather black from where you stand -- still.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This really is insane. No little kid needs to be learning about sex, they should be learning what is normal for small kids to learn also, they should be out playing more. Sometimes I'm glad I don't have kids to have to expose to this b.s.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
This really is insane. No little kid needs to be learning about sex, they should be learning what is normal for small kids to learn also, they should be out playing more. Sometimes I'm glad I don't have kids to have to expose to this b.s.

When I was a kid, playing outside as you call it, there were sexual goings on, like playing doctor and who knows what else. That's not a good way to learn.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Beach Bum

When I was a kid, playing outside as you call it, there were sexual goings on (so I was told), like playing doctor and who knows what else. That's not a good way to learn.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Do you ever stop political trolling?

This is so adolescent at this point.

Your last line has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, and could just easily be thrown under the same blanket as "same old tired rhetoric".

Then there's the irony that you are trying to make sure kids don't learn about certain realities, and call other people "thought police".

I'm sure that kettle looks rather black from where you stand -- still.

Most of this is over your head.

My wife and I go to great efforts to educate our kids about the realities around them - that is our job.

What we do not, and will not do, is acquiesce our responsibility to the state - a villainous bastard if there ever was one - and expose them to the politically-driven, anti-family, anti-child, anti-God poison they dose.

My 7 year old knows exactly what a homosexual is.

He also knows a person who acts on homosexual passions is gravely sinful, and he knows he is to treat them with pity and compassion, but not accept that the wrongs they do.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My 7 year old knows exactly what a homosexual is.

He also knows a person who acts on homosexual passions is gravely sinful, and he knows he is to treat them with pity and compassion, but not accept that the wrongs they do.

Jeez...for his sake I hope he isn't gay.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Jeez...for his sake I hope he isn't gay.

From a Catholic perspective, there is no such thing a 'gay' person.

God made them male and female - not 'gay.'

The Church understands and acknowledges that there are persons who experience same-sex attraction. It also acknowledges that same-sex attraction is disordered, and those attractions are acted on, then it is a gravely sinful matter.

People who suffer from same-sex attraction are called to live holy lives, in accordance with God's will - just like heterosexual people are.

I also hope (and pray) that none of my children experience same-sex attraction. It is a terrible burden.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The Church understands and acknowledges that there are persons who experience same-sex attraction.

True

It also acknowledges that same-sex attraction is disordered, and those attractions are acted on, then it is a gravely sinful matter

And yet the Church does its best to cover it up and pretend it never happens, right? Can of worms in there somewhere.

People who suffer from same-sex attraction are called to live holy lives, in accordance with God's will - just like heterosexual people are.

Very nice.

I also hope (and pray) that none of my children experience same-sex attraction. It is a terrible burden.

Best of luck to you and yours, but there will come a day when your children will be free to choose their own paths. I speak from experience as both my sons are now in their mid to late 40's, living happily at a distance from me and I'm just another retired guy sitting here plinking away on ATS. Not that I don't keep in touch, mind, but those sons of mine can, and will, live their lives as they see fit (and more power to them). I'm only here to give advice when asked for.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Please review all of your comments on this thread and ask yourself if attitudes like yours contribute to that burden.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

And yet the Church does its best to cover it up and pretend it never happens, right? Can of worms in there somewhere.

You're both correct, and incorrect here.

The Church does not in any way try to cover up that persons experience same-sex attraction.

It did, and largely still does, try and cover up the scandal of actively homosexual priests and bishops, and the crimes they committed. It was swept under the rug until it could no longer be hidden, and now, the underlying problem continues to be swept under the rug, while parishioners fork over their treasure to pay for other's sins and bishops and baby-boomer clergy pass it all off a pedophilia.

We will each be held accountable for our time here on earth.

I do also acknowledge that my children are under my influence for only a short time. I have a 22 year old that is largely on her own now.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Please review all of your comments on this thread and ask yourself if attitudes like yours contribute to that burden.

I have no doubt that people who openly state that homosexual behavior is a grave sin upset many who are engaged in that mess, but that is not where I believe the true burden lies.

Again, from a Catholic perspective, God's laws are written on our hearts. When we live in opposition to those laws, we suffer. Male / female couples who are shacking up, or are sexually active outside of marriage experience the same burdens. The many sins I am guilty of are no worse than the sins of a man who sleeps with another man - they both cause real suffering.

A suffering unique to those who struggle with SSA, is the reality that they will never experience the joy of family.

Not really different than a blind man who struggles with his inability to see.

We all have a cross to carry, and we are expected to carry it with humility and dignity.

We were not created for this life...we were created for the next.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So your argument against sex education is catholic dogma?

Would you be opposed to children learning about marriage/divorce at school? Or is that wrong too because it won't be painted with your particular dogmatic brush?

Your arguments toward public policy are so centralized around your personal beliefs that it's impossible for me to take them seriously.
edit on 25-3-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

As stated...this is over your head.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: DeadFoot

As stated...this is over your head.

On the contrary.

I grew up in a Catholic family, have read Genesis straight through Revelation, and had a homophobic father.

Then I came out of the closet.

He no longer sounds like you, but he used to.

You are the one whose head this is over. You don't have the slightest clue about the realities of homosexuality, and you evidence that fact in every single post.

Educate yourself. You owe it to the children you're failing to raise in this century.

You'll meet an ill fate trying to aim those stones with that log in your eye.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Then I came out of the closet.

There it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Forget it.

Ruin your family.

Be the laughing stock of your son's life.

You earned it.

A wise man once said: "You never take advice; one day you'll pay the price."

You really need a lesson in humility. You don't know anything about this subject besides dogmatic rhetoric from 6000 years ago. That's embarrassing to me as a human being.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You don't know anything.

There are many things I don't know, but there are some things I know with absolute certainty.

One of those things is the absolute knowledge that you are called to rise above your sexual feelings - just like I am.

I also know with absolute certainty that God created us male and female. Have you never read, how he who created them, when they first came to be, created them male and female; and how he said, a man, therefore, will leave his father and mother and will cling to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?

This is how it was, and is ordered. Look down between your legs and you can immediately see that undeniable truth.

I'm sure your dad loves you very much. Just like I love my own children.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join