It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Anonymous" Exercises their Free Speech to Criticise Kanye's Exercise of HIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
"Anonymous" Denies Video

So, Kanye West must be a lot more influential and effective than "Anonymous" would like him to be, because they've released a video that attempts to cut him down and criticize him to within an inch of his life. They don't appreciate his behavior...

Source ("Anonymous" video at source)

Hacker group Anonymous says Kanye West video is a warning: ‘Let him know we are watching his behavior’.

The “hacktivist” group known as Anonymous has hit out at Kanye West in a new YouTube video for the alleged exploitation of his wife, his obsession with fashion and his attacks on various other artists.
“Frankly, we’re tired of it,” it said.

So, they're "tired of" Kanye... If they want to talk with someone about the exploitation of his wife, they should talk to HER. She's been putting herself out there since before she even knew Kanye. His obsession with fashion? IS there something wrong with that? Have "Anonymous" gone after fashion designers of the past? WTF's wrong with fashion??? And if they're going after people who attack other artists, what about Kathy Griffin and Joan Rivers? LOTS of people criticize other artists. Why bully on Kanye? Has he struck a nerve with you? Is he competing with you somehow?

I'm not defending anything particular that Kanye has done, but one of the reasons I admire him is that he puts himself out there and doesn't care what others have to say. I don't agree with all of his actions, but he's an eccentric artist and not the first one in our history, by far. And apparently, he will be remembered for his willingness to think, talk and walk outside the realms of what is "proper" and politically correct.

But Anonymous is "tired of it". Well, to Anonymous, I say, "Boo-hoo"! Go do something positive instead of jumping on a hatred bandwagon that's been running since Kanye came on the scene! You big wussy! Or come out and go after Kanye like a man! Not "anonymously" like a piece of chicken crap.

I know a lot of you will agree with "Anonymous" on this because you've been riding the same bandwagon... But consider that they're trying to stop someone from speaking his mind and expressing himself... by doing the very same thing. It's ironic. And moronic, IMO.
edit on 3/15/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Anonymous is reporting that this was not them and it was a lone individual that coopted their name and imagery.

On the topic of Kanye, I put his name on that Mars One list. Hopefully they pick him and his plastic-faced wife. Then they could bring 'culture' to two worlds.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
From the link,

It hopes to create a “Renaissance era for humanity” later this year by promoting a special line of celebrities that deserve attention.

They (anonymous) are getting way ahead of themselves here.
Promoting celebrities they think deserve attention?
A "special line" at that.
Sheesh.

Next they'll be telling conspiracy sites to cut out the religious threads (i wish)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's always been my contention that anonymous was a government front, meant to influence and direct (via social engineering) the way government wants us to behave.

Free expression and the advocacy of free expression is meaningless if it has to be washed through the filter of government or societal "norms".

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Anonymous is reporting that this was not them and it was a lone individual that coopted their name and imagery.

THANK YOU! I even wondered about that after I posted this but had to get my breakfast before I looked into it. Still haven't found anything conclusive, but will keep looking...

Did Kanye do this Video?

I have my doubts about that, but it's certainly a possibility. I would think even this would be beneath Kanye...

ETA: "Anonymous" Denies Video
edit on 3/15/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
They (anonymous) are getting way ahead of themselves here.
Promoting celebrities they think deserve attention?

That's what made me suspicious. If they wanted promote Kanye, making this video would be the way to do it...

originally posted by: beezzer
It's always been my contention that anonymous was a government front, meant to influence and direct (via social engineering) the way government wants us to behave.

I knew there was a reason I liked you... despite everything, of course...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yeezus doesn't sound like something Anonymous would bother with.
So I can see them denying responsibility for this.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I have my doubts about that, but it's certainly a possibility. I would think even this would be beneath Kanye...

Maybe him but not Kimmy's mommy.

If someone ever wrote a book on media-whoring she would be on every frickin page.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Anonymous" Denies Video

I have contacted staff for appropriate action.

All that good disgust of mine... wasted! LOL!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I have contacted staff for appropriate action.

The staff can dismember Kanye and dispose of his remains????

I have new found respect for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The staff can dismember Kanye and dispose of his remains????

Yeah, I get it. You hate him. A lot of people are made very uncomfortable by him, but I kinda love him. Not because I agree with everything he says or does, and I only know a very little bit of his music, but I admire his F-U attitude, let's say.

If it is discovered that he did make this video, my admiration for him would be diminished. I think THAT'S beneath him.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"Anonymous" usually goes for things political, or for news outlets, or for pedophiles in churches and schools, or for their own self promotion. That kind of thing. I really can't see them going after this guy - a celebrity that most of the country doesn't pay attention to anyways. I can't see them bothering.

Disclaimer - I am not a fan of Anonymous.
And I'm not a fan of Kayne West either.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah, I get it. You hate him.

I don't hate anyone, it shortens your life, I just think he is an obnoxious douche nozzle. I never really found anything redeeming about self-absorbed individuals, famous or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Disclaimer - I am not a fan of Anonymous.
And I'm not a fan of Kayne West either.

I second that.

I would like to see them share some attributes however. Anonymous actually growing some balls and revealing who they are and Kanye sticking a Guy Fawkes mask on so I don't have to look at his mug anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm quite confident in suggesting that it was Kanye doing this...

He is quite easily the most dislikable person I've ever seen in my life so far...

Katie Hopkins and Pamela Geller are level for different reasons...

But Kanye takes the biscuit.

This is exactly the sort of megalomaniacal thing I'd associate with him.
& his trophy wife.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
his trophy wife.

Fake Face aint no trophy. At least not one I would want to win.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
his trophy wife.

Fake Face aint no trophy. At least not one I would want to win.

Trophy in a different context of the word, beyond apparent physical beauty.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's fine to be an Artist and a little different.

All I know about the guy is he doesn't seem to know when it's his turn to talk.

And, he seems to be quite obsessed with Beyoncé.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Never trust anyone who defends this Kanye guy and actually considers him an "artist". Your opinions on any and every thing else are considered null and void. You have revealed yourself.
BTW, he doesn't have an F-U attitude. His is more of a mentally handicapped person who doesn't know any better. There are plenty of musicians and artists of the past with a real F-U attitude if that's what you're after.

edit on 3/15/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
You have revealed yourself.

As what? An open-minded person? As someone who understands the differences between people without jumping to distrust them, just because they're different? As someone who can appreciate another person, even if I don't agree with EVERYTHING they do or say?

I'm taking your post as a compliment. Thank you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join