It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on conjuration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've had a few experiences in the past with something I've wished for actually coming to be. I suppose it could be chalked up to coincidence, but I think there is something to it. Let me give you some examples of what I'm talking about.

Several years ago, I was thinking about a couple of friends that I hadn't seen since high school ( about 15 years at the time) but had no idea how to get in touch with them. I had thought about them for a couple weeks and one day had an urge to go to a particular bar in a nearby town. I knew about the place, but rarely went there. When I walked in, I was delighted to see them both sitting at a table together.

Another time, I had started a job at a factory and was renting a room at the YMCA. All I had at the time was a small bedside radio and I spent many nights wishing I had a television. It was about 4 blocks between the place I was staying and where I worked, so I walked because I didn't have a car. I worked second shift, so it was after 11 pm when I was walking home one night. The next day was trash collection, so there were bags of garbage and other refuse set along the sidewalk for pickup. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted a television sitting beside one of the garbage piles. It was a 19 inch color tv with the cord attached, so I picked it up and carried it home. I turned it on and the tube lit up, so I went the next day to get an antenna ( this was before digital broadcast). I used that TV for years afterword.

This last I'm going to talk about is what really convinced me that there is something more to it than coincidence.

My oldest son turned 30 this last January. When he was a young child, he had a stuffed animal that he loved dearly. It was called "Moosletoe" and was a limited promotional item sold by Target for a book that had been written. The dog got hold of Moosletoe one day and ripped the antlers off.

This past Christmas, I thought it would be wonderful if I could get him a new one, but the chances of that were slim to none. After thinking about this for a couple weeks, I was stunned to walk into a Goodwill store one day and see Moosletoe sitting on a shelf. It was only 88 cents and in perfect condition, so I bought it immediately. My son was flabbergasted.

So, coming back to my original thought, I'm convinced that there was something more than coincidence going on. I think, in a way, I "conjured" these things. Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that people can make something appear out of thin air, but I do believe that strong desire can set in motion events that can fulfill that desire.

I wrote this to present to the community and get some opinions. Did I somehow "conjure" these things or was it simply a matter of coincidence, no matter how unlikely.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've had that happen. One time we were walking in downtown Gettysburg and were about to leave when I thought that I wished I had purchased a copy of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address (I'm a big Lincoln fan). Within a minute a gust of wind blew a bookmark to my feet and it was a bookmark with the Gettysburg Address on it. I kept the bookmark and put it in a Lincoln book I had purchased. I considered it to be a gift from higher powers (they can hear thoughts).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I've had that happen. One time we were walking in downtown Gettysburg and were about to leave when I thought that I wished I had purchased a copy of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address (I'm a big Lincoln fan). Within a minute a gust of wind blew a bookmark to my feet and it was a bookmark with the Gettysburg Address on it. I kept the bookmark and put it in a Lincoln book I had purchased. I considered it to be a gift from higher powers (they can hear thoughts).

That is exactly what I'm talking about. An unlikely event that seems to happen in response to our thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have the same...

It happen with me more frequently.

I still remember when I was watching a documentary film (on my tablet) in the bus. In that video, there is a scene talk about "all seeing eyes". Suddenly, i paused the video and watched over the windows of the bus. And i can't believe in my eyes when a girl on motor bike passed through the bus with the "all seeing eyes" icon image on her back bag

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I studied magic for some time and worked on a few different ideas for "magic" in a modern scientific world.

One concept I came up was that if there are an infinate amount of universes where every single possiblity exists then could you somehow put your self in that universe.

Ie there was a universe where the stuffed toy was in a particular shop and your subconsious mind allowed you to move into that universe allowing you to get your desired outcome.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I studied magic for some time and worked on a few different ideas for "magic" in a modern scientific world.

One concept I came up was that if there are an infinate amount of universes where every single possiblity exists then could you somehow put your self in that universe.

Ie there was a universe where the stuffed toy was in a particular shop and your subconsious mind allowed you to move into that universe allowing you to get your desired outcome.

That is an interesting idea that hadn't occurred to me. Good food for thought there. Thank you

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Although I do not expect anyone to believe me I actually had some sucess with the method.

The problem is that if you try it on a consious level there are too many factors to bear in mind.

By that I mean if you move into a universe that has your said stuffed toy in it but you brake your leg on the way home then is it really worth it?

A very complex question to answer.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I think I understand what you're saying.

I don't think that a person can actively and deliberately make these things happen. The examples I gave were things I wanted, but "put on the back burner", so to speak. Using your theory of parallel universes, I think it's possible those thoughts developed an energy that created a temporal shift putting me in the right time frame to find the stuffed animal. Breaking my leg would be possible in a number of eventualities. I suppose finding the moose could happen on several levels, too, with different scenarios played out. Fortunately, I came into the one where I found the moose and didn't break my leg.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: muersigbaihn

Granted that none of these events are earth-changing to us personally or especially to the whole earth. What we are to make of them is that they are signs, notices. Just for us from the Universe. A signal that there is a place and a reason for us in this disorder that we normally witness and absorb. In other words, there is hope of some kind if glimpsed fleetingly.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni

I think I understand what you're saying.

I don't think that a person can actively and deliberately make these things happen. The examples I gave were things I wanted, but "put on the back burner", so to speak. Using your theory of parallel universes, I think it's possible those thoughts developed an energy that created a temporal shift putting me in the right time frame to find the stuffed animal. Breaking my leg would be possible in a number of eventualities. I suppose finding the moose could happen on several levels, too, with different scenarios played out. Fortunately, I came into the one where I found the moose and didn't break my leg.

You understand perfectly what I was trying to say, the part about breaking you leg was a reminder that everything has a price and you should be carefull what you wish for.

edit on 15/3/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I've had a few experiences in the past with something I've wished for actually coming to be.

I believe the same thing as it's happened to me numerous times.

I bought a chair for my bedroom, to use for meditating and reading. After having it for a while, my Wife and I decided to look for a hassock, to put our feet up on. Slim chance. Everything we looked at cost a fortune and the matches weren't great either. The next day from starting the quest for a matching piece was unreal. I drove my truck to the end of our very short road, and what was sitting out on the neighbor's front lawn? Yup. Free sign, like new and a perfect match. I was dumbfounded...So yeah, some things do "come to be." LOVE.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I studied magic for some time and worked on a few different ideas for "magic" in a modern scientific world. One concept I came up was that if there are an infinate amount of universes where every single possiblity exists then could you somehow put your self in that universe. Ie there was a universe where the stuffed toy was in a particular shop and your subconsious mind allowed you to move into that universe allowing you to get your desired outcome.

You just freaked me out! I'm never going to get a break from pondering, aaaargh!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes it does tend to make you think, at least your in good company.

Here is another theory I brought up on here a while ago, i'ts just as whacko.

If we imagine a world where there are an infinate amount of realitys where every possible outcome is possible then there should be an infinate amount of realities where reincarnation is real. If we imagine that reincarnation in non linear and in that I mean to convey that if you die in the year 2015 you could reincarnate in any time after or before that then some interesting possibilitys become available.

Imagine you are travelling alone along a long and dusty road, middle of nowhere, middle of the night and you run out of fuel.

So you are now stuck in the middle of who knows where,conditions are bad and the likelyhood of rescue is slim to none, what do you do?

Imagine for a moment if you will that simply remembering that this happened and then living the rest of your life until the day that you die would do it?

As something that has been reincarnated many times you would retain all the understanding of other incarnations. What if that higher self decided to act upon this information? What if it then decided to be born 25 years previously with the aim of living,loving and experiencing but with a pre programmed moment built in?

What I am implying is that you could reincarnate in such a way that the new incarnation had been pre programmed to drive down the same road at the same time for some abstract reason with spare fuel in the boot. You would both comment on how crazy the chances where and then both go along every now shaking your heads at how fate did what it did?

This woud not only explain those crazy "what are the chances" moments but also the quite common sensation that you have met someone before? maybe that new person you feel an affinity to, that you have known all you life is actually you in a different incarnation?

edit on 15/3/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I remember my father telling me a story, he walked in to a teachers meeting at school and one of the teachers dropped her cup and saucer of tea breaking them. She turned to him and blamed him and demanded that he buy her a new set. On his way walking back home he noticed a cup and saucer in a trash bin, in good condition, he later returned it to her...

new topics

top topics

join