It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i do this . I am so tempted .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
To begin with this is about a bank , yes i know i have lost half of you already but stay with me . But first a little background . Going back 5 years or so ago i was unemployed , struck down with mental illness ,i was bipolar to be precise , i still am but it seems to be OK at the moment and i pray it stays that way . But prior to that i had run up quite a few credit cards to their max . Yes i know stupid me and i certainly do not expect pity . Well anyways i got sick and along with that comes the almost impossible task of paying these cards back . Now most companies were pretty good and the one i most feared most was particularly good . But there was one company that hounded me from pillar to post , phone calls , letters , threats of legal action . Long story made short i got better and back to work , paid the cards off one by one and was wondering when said company would let me know i was in the clear with them . Nothing for months until i get a statement saying i was 580 dollars in the black . Nothing about a credit card with money on it , they had already told me i would never get another card with them so that was not possible . So it appears they lost my phone number and address until recently .

Should i send them a letter demanding my money back within a certain amount of time or legal action will be taken . No attempt has been made to contact me . I know it is not a lot of money but i am sure they are collecting interest no matter how small . Screw you bank .

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well, if they owe you, they owe you. You might as well collect. I'm sure you can use the money for something.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It is not really about the money . They would ring the instant i was late with a payement but could not ring when i was paid up . Wrong on so many levels .

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yes it is. I've been hounded like that. I hated it. Go after them.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

A letter plus admin charges and interest to match their rate .... And late payment fines if they don't cough up.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I just looked at the back of the statement and the following in caps .

Payment is not required on this statement as your account had a credit balance at the time of issue .

This from the same bank that threatened me . When did the phones stop working .

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

go after them then swap banks if you feel they reacted hostile to you. nothing wrong with asking. but be careful legal cost can exceed ur current amount u want back

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

There's probably a good template letter online you can use. These have worked well for me in the past, I had one debt completely written off and £2k refund of unfair charges. The latter was a while ago but it shows with the right approach victories are possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's a Universal Truth : When you owe them, they will track you to the Gates of Hell. If they owe you, you'll never hear it from them.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yes it is. I've been hounded like that. I hated it. Go after them.

Well i went after them sort of . I think what they done desrves its own rant .

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Did you have any luck? Or did they give you trouble? From the sound of what you said it sounds like they gave you trouble.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

What they did you , well you cant make it up .

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Did they try to get away with not paying you?

new topics

top topics

join