It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
Assuming for a moment you are correct . Do you think the people behind the coup knew they were going to fail and they wished to be remembered as having opposed Putin?

As good a theory as anything else ive heard. History also agrees -

You did not bear the shame.

You resisted.

You bestowed the eternally vigilant symbol of change

by sacrificing your impassioned lives for freedom, justice and honor.

I don't think we should discount the possibility that a coup is occurring to prevent putin from completely destroying Russia.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Have been out of the loop apart from little peeps recently and this thread has blown my mind especially as when I logged on I went to read a criticism about impartiality and then found it had disappeared?? Was a bit shocked as normally people don't hide from a good biff of opinions but I see its covered here.

I am watching RT which I am sure would be telling us across the tickatape which usually bugs me to death that something had happened to Putin.

Actually I hope it hasn't because I see Putin as obviously not all good by a long means but perhaps slightly more informative and dare I say bordering on the honey (what fore a politician my inner voice screams)???

I hope he hasn't gone. In fact according to RT Putin is arranging someing about the unification of Crimea with Russia. Perhaps all is well.

The world changes fast and the USA and UK especially seem to be able to turn on a sixpence. Today the USA has decided not to try to 'get rid of ASSAD but to suddenly make nice with the guy. Tomorrow perhaps it will be the same with Putin?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Russian media is government controlled.. We are going to get better information from CNN than Russian state media on whats going on. The purpose of state controlled media is to control the information and by extension, the peoples opinions.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Perhaps you could read it as ''mobilisation'' if you are being pedantic about it.

Politics is often about ''show'' and reaction, there are reports of the US mobilising a convoy through Europe for ''training'' and it is is obvious that Russia will react with something.

edition.cnn.com...

(CNN)Eastern Europe, here comes the cavalry.

The U.S. Army says it will soon be sending armored Stryker vehicles on a 1,100-mile convoy through six European countries to show solidarity to allies in the wake of recent Russian actions in the Ukraine and Crimea that have Eastern Europe on edge.

The move was first reported Thursday in the military newspaper Stars and Stripes. U.S. Army Europe posted the Stripes story on its website on Friday.

The convoy is "a highly visible demonstration of U.S, commitment to its NATO allies and demonstrating NATO's ability to move military forces freely across allied borders in close cooperation," U.S. Army Europe spokesman Lt. Col. Craig Childs, said in a statement, according to the Stripes report.

The troops and vehicles involved will be moving from training exercises conducted as part of Operation Atlantic Resolve in Estonia, Lithuania and Poland, the report said. They'll move through Latvia and the Czech Republic as they make their way to Vilseck, Germany, about a 40 miles drive from the Czech border.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's cool, they are just moving to their summer camp.

Within the snap[ checks, Russian military will enhance the force grouping in Novaya Zemlya and Franz Josef Land, as well as eliminate a simulated enemy’s group of the Navy.
On the first day of the inspection, which will last through to March 21, the military will check adherence to time norms, the minister said.
Then, the forces will take to training grounds, where tests and range practice will take place, Shoigu said.
At one certain time, chief commanders of the Armed Forces and divisions, heads of the Defense Ministry’s chief departments received packages with orders.
The minister said Russian military will practice long-distance relocation of troops of special purpose.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: daaskapital

If a power play was underway in Russia would we not expect Putin to do all he could to let everyone know the situation is under control and that he is still in power and in charge?

Staying out of the lime light leads me to think something is occurring.

Yes, i would think so. Retaining control of the message is essential in crisis situations. In this instance, the Kremlin has dropped the ball and no longer has power over the messages it is intending to send. People keep asking where Putin is, and they don't have an answer. They've lost the PR battle. They've lost their power to communicate and guide the message they want to perpetrate.

We will see where this leads, but i think Putin's disappearance may be a serious matter. Especially considering this recent development regarding Russia's northern fleet. Only time will tell what has happened, but things will only become more desperate the longer the Kremlin fails to alleviate concerns.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Good call, just like North Korea fire missiles when the US / South have drills.

I cant help wonder though how much more dangerous it would be if America flew B2s over Europe to Ukraine and back...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

At one certain time, chief commanders of the Armed Forces and divisions, heads of the Defense Ministry’s chief departments received packages with orders.
The minister said Russian military will practice long-distance relocation of troops of special purpose.

That just sounds fantastic.

Secret packages, special purpose relocation...

If Putin shows his face, this won't phase me too much, but with the MIA Russian leader, this has my hackles up.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Though this might be unrelated...I thought that it could have possibly influenced today Russion pop-drill.

I just found this article, and according to it, the US and Bulgaria apparently had mulitary drills yesterday (and will continue to do so for the next 3 months).

SOFIA - The United States will hold a series of military drills with NATO ally Bulgaria over the next three and a half months, the Bulgarian defense ministry said on Friday, amid increased tensions with Russia over the Ukraine crisis.

Some 350 U.S. Army officers will arrive in the Balkan country to take part in the bilateral drills, which begin on Sunday and will be conducted at the Novo Selo training range in southeastern Bulgaria.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Mobilization in military terms is not the same as redeployment of forces.

Mobilization is where reserve military units are activated to full time, requiring increased manpower to bring them up to full military strength.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I can't remember if it was this thread or one of the others that basically relate to this, but I remember mention that the polish personal was getting a little nervous itself with these going ons. Any idea what their forces may be doing right now. Just seems we are so focused on Russia. Maybe that would be a good way of getting a clue of something by knowing how Poland is reacting right now. Just a thought anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They might already be doing that, hence the hackles up from Russia.

Those are the game play that doesn't reach MSM.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

If Putin shows his face, this won't phase me too much, but with the MIA Russian leader, this has my hackles up.

Yep.

Meanwhile, the U.S. MSN are being dicks and not saying anything about this whatsoever. IMO, this type of thing should be #1 priority.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

That is the other interesting part. The fact Putins personal spokesperson and his other advisors are still talking to the media. I would think these individuals would be removed and replaced if a power shift occurred. That is of course unless they are being forced to remain in their positions and give the answers they are giving to give an image that nothing is wrong for as long as possible.

edit on 16-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Context, read it in context.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

mobilise
Past participle: mobilised
Gerund: mobilising

Imperative
mobilise
mobilise
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Verb 1. mobilise - call to armsmobilise - call to arms; of military personnel
mobilize, rally, call up
send for, call - order, request, or command to come; "She was called into the director's office"; "Call the police!"
2. mobilise - get ready for warmobilise - get ready for war
mobilize
militarise, militarize - lend a military character to (a country), as by building up a military force; "militarize Germany again after the war"
demob, demobilise, demobilize - retire from military service
3. mobilise - make ready for action or use; "marshal resources"
mobilize, marshal, summon
gather, pull together, collect, garner - assemble or get together; "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
4. mobilise - cause to move around; "circulate a rumor"
mobilize, circulate
move, displace - cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense; "Move those boxes into the corner, please"; "I'm moving my money to another bank"; "The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant"mobilise
Past participle: mobilised
Gerund: mobilising

Imperative
mobilise
mobilise
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Verb 1. mobilise - call to armsmobilise - call to arms; of military personnel
mobilize, rally, call up
send for, call - order, request, or command to come; "She was called into the director's office"; "Call the police!"
2. mobilise - get ready for warmobilise - get ready for war
mobilize
militarise, militarize - lend a military character to (a country), as by building up a military force; "militarize Germany again after the war"
demob, demobilise, demobilize - retire from military service
3. mobilise - make ready for action or use; "marshal resources"
mobilize, marshal, summon
gather, pull together, collect, garner - assemble or get together; "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
4. mobilise - cause to move around; "circulate a rumor"
mobilize, circulate
move, displace - cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense; "Move those boxes into the corner, please"; "I'm moving my money to another bank"; "The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant"

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

That isn't the definition of context.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
MSM are starting to get hyped up as they wake up:

Daily Telegraph

So he is still not in St P's for his meeting....im not going to bed ever until he is found...

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Cygnis

Yep.

Meanwhile, the U.S. MSN are being dicks and not saying anything about this whatsoever. IMO, this type of thing should be #1 priority.

Sadly, the media here in the USA is crap, has been for some time. This really shouldn't be surprising to you, I mean, it's unofficial, but our media seems just as controlled as Russia's is.

It could be very well that they don't want to cover it, to save it as some talking point for very near future activities, or some such shenanigans.

Time will tell... it always does.. meanwhile, allow me to depart to begin digging a shelter in my back yard.

link   
Moscow Times online again.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

An Austrian newspaper reported on Sunday that Russian President Vladimir Putin was suffering from back problems, and that a Viennese orthopedic expert had traveled to Moscow to treat him.

The Kurier paper did not name the doctor or give the source of the information for its report, which comes amid widespread speculation on the Russian leader's whereabouts.

Putin, who has not been seen in public or on live television broadcasts for more than a week, postponed a meeting with Kazakh and Belarussian leaders last week.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov did not pick up his phone when contacted to comment on the report.

A separate report on Sunday by independent news outlet Dozhd said Putin had not been in Moscow for the last several days.

Sources told Dozhd that the president was at his residence on Lake Valdai in Novgorod province. Peskov declined to comment when contacted by Dozhd.

Putin's silence in the past week has fueled feverish speculation on everything from the state of his health to his grip on power and whether he went to Switzerland to watch his girlfriend give birth.

The Kremlin has denied the rumors.

Putin has a scheduled meeting with Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambayev in St. Petersburg on March 16, the Kremlin said in a statement on Friday.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I can't remember if it was this thread or one of the others that basically relate to this, but I remember mention that the polish personal was getting a little nervous itself with these going ons. Any idea what their forces may be doing right now. Just seems we are so focused on Russia. Maybe that would be a good way of getting a clue of something by knowing how Poland is reacting right now. Just a thought anyway.

Poland and the Baltic nations are more of a hawk on Russia than the remainder of the EU and NATO. Poland has increased its military readiness, as have the Baltic nations. However I cant see them planning an invasion / attack on Russia if that is where the line of thought was leading.

People have a tendency to ignore Polish / Ukrainian and Baltic intelligence while ignoring the fact they were occupied by the USSR for over 50 years and almost certainly have their own sources inside the system providing better information than we have.

We seem to treat the Polish / Baltic / Ukraine nations as the Dutch resistance during WWII during operation Market Garden. The reports coming in were ignored only to find out in the end the forces in Arnheim contained elements of 2 Panzer SS divisions instead of old men, children and walking wounded.

The result was the annihilation of the British 1st Airborne - out of 10k men 8k were killed / wounded / captured.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join