It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

This thread is essentially coverage of the Massive social media storm about Putin.

There have been some degree of corroboration, from "tweets on the ground" to a number of items:
1) Putin missing, obviously
2) No Russian flag at Kremlin
3) At least four power outages in two nights at Kremlin
4) Light tanks at Moscow city hall with turrets aimed at the building
5) Somewhat corroborated news of Putin's security chief being killed.

There's a great deal of heavy smoke. The fire is yet to be found.

link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

You do understand the meaning of the word rumor, don't you? It is the first word of the title of this thread!

Rumors are hoaxes all the time, heres a rumor camels rule the world! I think that would be called a hoax too dont you?

link   
Reading a lot of tweets saying press access has been cancelled for the meeting in St. Petersburg, and a few tweets that troops in Western Russia have been put on alert. I haven't been able to locate a source though, so possibly just more rumors.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I think his point was that this was placed in the news forum instead of a more appropriate forum like The Gray Area.

Which is a valid point in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Did you see a camel at the white house? Because otherwise it is still not the same.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DantesPeak

I have read that twitter feed about the press access being cancelled . Time will tell

armakirais

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Meh , we could see Putin host a press conference where he claims that he isn't connected to the events that have taken place. The same gullible people who believe that Russian troops aren't officially operating in the Ukraine will buy it hook line and sinker. Until Russian tanks are rolling into Berlin people won't the Putin regime seriously.

link   
Simon Kruse, a Russian correspondent for a Danish newspaper, has just tweeted that, "Putin has ordered 38,000 men from North Fleet and Western military."

No idea as to where they may be going yet.

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

This thread is essentially coverage of the Massive social media storm about Putin.

There have been some degree of corroboration, from "tweets on the ground" to a number of items:

Seems more like people "saying" they see smoke, rather than factual evidence of some of the things you mentioned. But thanks for starting the thread and sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Man, your thread is really getting ripped due to the "rumor" aspect.. People clearly don't like the idea of tweets being reported as news. I think a separate thread to address the issue is in order! Honestly, I'd rather see updates/speculations and even RUMORS on this current situation regarding Putin's whereabouts than all the posts refuting why and where the OP was posted in the first place. It get's tiring!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Northern fleet on alert (Reuters)

Apparently the northern fleet is on alert.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

an, your thread is really getting ripped due to the "rumor" aspect.. People clearly don't like the idea of tweets being reported as news.

The thread is of intrest and hax value. However you try putting a thread up in breaking news based on tweets and see how long it lasts..

purp..

edit on 16-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Man, your thread is really getting ripped due to the "rumor" aspect.. People clearly don't like the idea of tweets being reported as news. I think a separate thread to address the issue is in order! Honestly, I'd rather see updates/speculations and even RUMORS on this current situation regarding Putin's whereabouts than all the posts refuting why and where the OP was posted in the first place. It get's tiring!

Please no, don't start another thread on this. I haven't invested this much time in a thread since the great Jon Cotner debacle of 2013.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

In due time. As this thread developed, it turned into an excellent experiment in how ATS could be a valuable component of a social-media --to-- ATS --to-- social-media feedback loop.

There's potential here if people can embrace working at being a Filter for what's happens rapidly on social media. We saw some of it during the Ferguson riots (which had more rumor than this), but this is potentially much bigger.

Here's the key -- the firehose of information from Twitter is no less inaccurate than what mainstream media was stumbling over themselves about on 9/11.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I do believe this entire thread, whether it turns out rumor or fact, or somewhere else entirely to be an excellent exercise in our collective skills to find, analyze, and discuses information.

If you don't like the thread, there is no one holding a gun to your head, forcing you to read this.

This isn't Russia, after all.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Several new tweets indicating someone, possibly Putin, has order the full Russian Northern Fleet to combat readiness.

The excuse is for "exercises," but the timing is rather scary.
edit on 16-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

an, your thread is really getting ripped due to the "rumor" aspect.. People clearly don't like the idea of tweets being reported as news.

The thread is of intrest and had value. However you try putting a thread up in breaking news based on tweets and see how long it lasts..

purp..

I gotcha, I'm just sayin... how many posts need to be about this? I'm interested in finding out where the hell Putin is.. Many others seem to be more focused on the "rumor" aspect and want to vent it here.. but that makes it hard to follow the situation due to constant bickering, don't you think? That's why I thought maybe a separate thread could be warranted.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
This thread looks like a hoax to me, there is zero proof, zero evidence just a bunch of BS in my opinion.

No claim of a concrete opinion or outlay of facts is being made.

Show some kind of proof and I will consider it not BS please.

I have never been a fan of purely speculative thinking. But what you see here is the interpretation of scraps of information which is a different kettle of fish. I fundamentally disagree with the idea that a coup has taken place. Don't dismiss bits of information because those who reach conclusions about it may not apply critical thinking.

Given that nothing good could have taken place under Putin watch this is a historically important discussion.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Simon Kruse, a Russian correspondent for a Danish newspaper, has just tweeted that, "Putin has ordered 38,000 men from North Fleet and Western military."

No idea as to where they may be going yet.

Hmm, can we be sure it is Putin ordering the fleet, at this point..

That is a lot of men, to have on stand-by.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Not to mention the former Israeli ambassador to Russia was convinced a coup was underway..

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join