It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Issues Saturday Night Iran Deal Warning To The Senate. .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You know the argument is getting to be old what is going on that they need to keep us distracted..??

link to article

WASHINGTON -- In an effort to reassert control over the domestic political debate surrounding sensitive negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program, the White House penned a letter Saturday night warning senators to hold back on legislation that would detract from the president’s ability to affect and approve a final agreement with Iran.

The letter, written by White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough to Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), reiterates a veto threat of the bill, while insisting that Congress will have a say in reviewing and affecting the ultimate outcome. But in far more detailed and foreboding terms than normal, McDonough lays out the administration's concerns should Corker's Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015 end up becoming law.

"The Administration's request to the Congress is simple: let us complete the negotiations before the Congress acts on legislation," writes McDonough. "We understand that Congress will make its own determinations about how to respond, but we do not believe that the country's interests are served by congressional attempts to weigh in prematurely on this sensitive and consequential ongoing international negotiation aimed at achieving a goal that we all share: using diplomacy to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon."

Sounds like someone's trying to buy time..

I don't understand why so much time and energy into one subject one problem why there's a dead body here and it's starting to smell..

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

WASHINGTON -- In an effort to reassert control over the domestic political debate surrounding sensitive negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program, the White House penned a letter Saturday night warning senators to hold back on legislation that would detract from the president’s ability to affect and approve a final agreement with Iran.

Sounds like someone's trying to buy time..

I don't understand why so much time and energy into one subject one problem why there's a dead body here and it's starting to smell..

So much for checks and balances...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's the provenance of the executive branch to set foreign policy. Neocons in congress are trying to thwart an Iran deal by ramming through last minute sanctions to scuttle any chance at diplomacy. The danger is that passing additional punitive sanctions will be seen by the world as the intent of the USA to guarantee talks fail, and will undermine the US if it then tries to push for war.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Again, the US will not be in a position to incite war with Iran over stalled negotiations if those negotiations stalled on account of deceptive tactics like those posed by the Sentate.

the letter warns Corker that his bill, which would give Congress the right to vote up or down on the final nuclear agreement, would cripple U.S. negotiators and lead Iran and international negotiating partners to question the U.S.' ability to follow through on its end of the bargain.

Once again, this has never been done this way by Congress before. Clearly they are under some influence to undermine these talks.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Once again, this has never been done this way by Congress before. Clearly they are under some influence to undermine these talks.
who do you speculate is behind it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Obama and Jarrett were installed for this very thing and to ruin America as much as possible on the way .

I really don't think the Jarrett administration counted on anyone having the nerve to do something like this.

Right or wrong this letter to IRAN may make the PTB pull out all stops and show there true agenda with little time left.

IMO

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

How does this deal with Iran ruin America?
edit on thSat, 14 Mar 2015 21:15:02 -0500America/Chicago320150280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

A congress going back on its president in front of the whole world? Explain how this doesn't affect our geopolitical appearance?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

I agree there, guess I should of asked how does a deal with Iran ruin it
edit on thSat, 14 Mar 2015 21:45:28 -0500America/Chicago320152880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Not directly but can definitely pave the way for political feuding in the government. Still not a good thing a all out schoolyard war between our leaders makes us look extremely weak thus weakening our image as a country that can take care of business. Hence undermining the USA.
If we act like children what adult political officials will take us seriously.
edit on 5310932015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If you can't figure that out there is no explaining it to you...lets see maybe the fact Iran wants to wipe us of the face of the earth... but hay , who knows maybe you think that's a good thing.

Is my avatar on your talking points list or am I just lucky.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
.......and the WORLD sits back and laughs, giving them one more reason to distrust the US.

This "Letter" to Iran just undermined 50 yrs of US diplomacy. Basically telling the world, our INTERNATIONAL agreements will change with every new administration. Good luck with that....

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

If you can't figure that out there is no explaining it to you...lets see maybe the fact Iran wants to wipe us of the face of the earth... but hay , who knows maybe you think that's a good thing.

Is my avatar on your talking points list or am I just lucky.

Links please, rather then conjuncture.

link   
a reply to: Battleline

On my phone, can't see avatars, just saw what you said and responded. So guess you are just lucky

Make sense that people hell bent on wiping us off the face of the earth they really haven't done much to us.

link   
Dp
edit on thSat, 14 Mar 2015 21:29:39 -0500America/Chicago320153980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Not directly but can definitely pave the way for political feuding in the government. Still not a good thing a all out schoolyard war between our leaders makes us look extremely weak thus weakening our image as a country that can take care of business. Hence undermining the USA.

Its a democratic republic at work with branches of power maneuvering is all that it is. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows we don't just have one shot caller over here to the great lament of some.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Explain how an executive order abides by that...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

Ever hear of Kenneth Starr and his report that went worldwide?? Appearances only matter if the subject is Republican?

(post by Battleline removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I'm confused at your correlation to my post.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Its a democratic republic at work with branches of power maneuvering is all that it is. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows we don't just have one shot caller over here to the great lament of some.

No it's not...it's a few nutters stepping outta bounds. The ball hasn't even been put in their court yet. They didn't just undermine Obummer, they undermined the complete office and stability of the any future administration.

The myopic view of some is baffling.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join