It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me any evidence of abiogenesis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Can someone show me any evidence?
How did it start, any good theories, half baked ones would be good.

Muddy pool with a lightning flash? Anything better than that.

Saying it came from outer space is lazy, even if it came from outer space it must have arisen and then evolved from somewhere

Really abiogenesis from dirt? I would have to be a religionist, faith person to believe that sort of thing.

and no this is not about religion, its about evidence, even best guess theory is fine here.
edit on b2015Sat, 14 Mar 2015 20:21:49 -050033120156pm312015-03-14T20:21:49-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is a strange one..
rexresearch.com

In 1837, Andrew Crosse reported to the London electrical Society concerning the accidental spontaneous generation of life in the form of Acurus genus insects while he was conducting experiments on the formation of artificial crystals by means of prolonged exposure to weak electric current.

It's discussed in this older thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Nope. There is none.
There is a good amount of hypothesizing though. And some evidence of how precursors to life formed..
edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Mainstream info that you might find interesting...

Reflections From a Warm Little Pond (regarding Darwin’s little pond) NASA

NASA and University Researchers Find a Clue to How Life Turned Left

edit on 14-3-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's not something biologists (in general) claim to know. There is no evidence which is why most are comfortable admitting that it's somewhat a mystery we haven't uncovered yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'll shamelessly put one of my first threads on the table. Actually, it was my very first. Don't hurt me...

A New Look At The Origin Of Our Species

Here's part of the source material.

Spark of life: Metabolism appears in lab without cells

edit on 14-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The better question is. Do you really care? If someone acquiesced to your demands and gave you all the available evidence for abiogenesis, you'd either dismiss it because you don't want to read links or ignore it because it is too sciency like you do in your other science denialism threads. You aren't going to discuss the evidence and I find it highly unlikely that you actually want a discussion and more just want to troll science minded people for 40 pages while repeating over and over that no evidence is being presented despite pages of evidence. Heck I've yet to see you ever even ATTEMPT to understand the science part of the argument.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It had to have happened at some point, otherwise how would life have started? Of course those of the religious view will say "God did it" but they fail to realize that lightning striking somewhere and forming life could very well be his way of doing it. Hell, evolution could be God's way of forming intelligent life. To deny either outright is putting blinders on because your religion tells you to do so.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
How did it start, any good theories, half baked ones would be good.

Saying it came from outer space is lazy, even if it came from outer space it must have arisen and then evolved from somewhere

Really abiogenesis from dirt? I would have to be a religionist, faith person to believe that sort of thing.

and no this is not about religion, its about evidence, even best guess theory is fine here.

There are really only three explanations for life: A creator created all organisms, Life has always existed in the universe, and abiogenesis is possible under the most perfect conditions.

I think it is more lazy to think that a Creator created life from nothing, rather than stating that it very well could have come from space. It is a very likely explanation due to how any comets have hit Earth. Micro-organisms on the comet happen to land in a habitable and sufficient breeding area to suit their needs and the Earth provides all the necessary components for it survive. What if life has always been? What if there was never a point in our universal time where life was no where? That makes more sense if abiogenesis is not possible. Look at our own planet. There is life everywhere, in the most extreme places there is typically some sort of life present, living organisms adapt to their habitat. Even if there was a Big Bang, life could still be present. That is, all matter was in that singularity, all life came from it. If there was no Big Bang, there is no reason to think that the Universe couldn't just always have been present.

But, again no there is no evidence or proof that abiogenesis is possible. Here is a conclusion from a decent page I found on several studies into abiogenesis-experiments-claims and flawed studies by scientists.

The whole notion of abiogenesis is a construction built by evolutionists so that they can dismiss the whole notion of God from the generation of life. Rather than a supernatural being creating the life found on this earth through His own Wisdom, evolutionists seek to find an entirely naturalistic means by which to explain the existence of life on this planet. Yet, as seen above, the whole notion of abiogenesis rests upon an exceedingly weak foundation which is actually contrary to much of the scientific knowledge which we actually have obtained through extensive experimentation. Abiogenesis, in fact, violates several basic principles of chemistry and biochemistry which are so universally held as to be axiomatic. To get around these difficulties, evolutionary scientists have turned to various means of modifying their basic abiogenetic theory so as to resolve one or another of the problems presented. Yet, while pointing to directing clays, undersea thermal vents, interstellar amino acid generation, or several of the other more esoteric and generally dismissed theories, evolutionists manage to resolve (or often, just give the illusion of resolving, in the popular image framed by the media) one problem, while yet failing to address the other difficulties. Thus, abiogenesis, as far as can be seen from the actual experimental work and knowledge (apart from any concern for philosophical arguments or pure theory), is not supportable from true science. While debunking abiogenesis does not necessarily imply the truth of special Creation, it does help to eliminate one of the foundations of the false construct of evolution which humanistic scientists hope to erect in opposition to Creation. As such, there is no reason for the rational person to accept evolutionist assertions about the "truth" of abiogenesis, nor to consider the various abiogenetic theories as a reason to disbelieve in the creation of life by God's hand.

Abiogenesis Myth? Call Mythbusters to test it! lol

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've seen a mushroom form in the shape of a human ear. I have seen trees form in the shape of animal legs. I have seen tree mushrooms form in the shape of beaks on a duck. Now, maybe fungus could put together a mushroom person.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Can't you come up with something original?
www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Your OP didn't motivate me enough.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

I don't know why I'm even commenting on this thread (I will probably unsubscribe) since it's sort of like pissing in the wind, but I found one of your 3 possible explanations for life interesting.

There are really only three explanations for life: A creator created all organisms, Life has always existed in the universe, and abiogenesis is possible under the most perfect conditions.

I don't see how life could always have existed in the universe? If we approach the subject in terms of the theory of evolution (which I assume most of the people lambasting the OP are doing), how could you have an infinite regression of evolution? It ultimately has to start somewhere. That's what the entire theory is based on.

How could you have life, infinitely into the past? It seems like the numbers alone make that highly improbable, since you'd have to have micro organisms be smashed off of planets and moons into interstellar and even intergalactic space, surviving the entire process, then landing at the perfect location where they could propagate and evolve. At some point, those microscopic organisms had to have started somewhere. It seems like a highly implausible scenario and violates the law of entropy completely.

I was wondering if you could expand on how you view such a scenario? I won't unsubscribe until I hear your thoughts

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No.

Happy?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well you are, so what's the problem with believing it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't want to spoil the fun of finding Waldo but here's a hint:

It involves lightning.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The reality was I was expecting the old lightning in a pool of muddy water and kaboom
I noted another thread bashing belief in creation and just wanted to draw a comparison between the two faith positions

Nothing more really.

Good luck with what ever religious view you have

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just like the quest for God. Life will find a way

Ask these guys why they think there is life on Enceladus......

For life as we know it to exist, four key ingredients are important: liquid water; the right chemistry involving the elements carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulphur; a source of heat; and enough time for life to develop. While we know these conditions exist on Earth, planetary research throughout the solar system shows that it may exist on other objects too, and the details from this paper pushes Enceladus towards the top of the list.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Nothing more really.

Trolling then. Got it.

No nibbles. Too bad.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The reality was I was expecting the old lightning in a pool of muddy water and kaboom
I noted another thread bashing belief in creation and just wanted to draw a comparison between the two faith positions

Nothing more really.

Good luck with what ever religious view you have

And in the end.. falsifying evolution/abiogenesis is not evidence for what ever creation magic you believe in.
It is clear maintaining your state of ignorance is of great importance to you.
In order to deal with ignorance and false beliefs in a continual and open way, it is necessary to have the input of ignorant and false beliefs to discuss. In this respect I congratulate you on giving us such great fodder!
edit on fSunday1511312f115012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join