It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello there from the land of OZ!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Dropbears are a godsend.. loveable little rascals!

Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: someonerandom83

Alas. I am still bummed that there are no Flying Monkeys. Dragons Love them. They go along with My coffee so well. Mmmmm. Such a Treat!
DropBears You say? (Sniff Sniff) Well these may do just fine instead! Also I can't see how anyone would think these are very cute, or should be missed from the wilds. I mean, just look at this little fellow. Why anyone would want to cuddle up with one these is way beyond Me......

LOL!!! Have a Good One!!! Syx.
edit on 16-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Haha a dragon you say? I want one for a pet. Wont call it Norbert though.. And that species of dropbear looks different to the one i usually see! Its a cute one though, but i'd avoid hugging it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Welcome new comer from a fellow Aussie SOR83.

I cracked up at the comments by Phage. And will attempt to answer them from my perspective.

"How long did it take for you to get used to being upside down?"

We're not. Look at the universe.

"Is it weird to see water going down the drain in the wrong direction?"

We drive on the normal side of the road too.

"What's the deal with kangaroos?"

$19.99 Aus dollars a kilo mate.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thanks for the welcome

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhiannon
a reply to: someonerandom83

Hi, OZ is number 1 on my bucket list! I'm semi-planning on trying to get down there for New Years. I know Australia is huge, and if you're like most American's we don't visit 3/4 of the states we could... But heh have you traveled a bit in Oz? I'm thinking Sydney or Melbourne for New Years, any thoughts and sorry for asking you such mundane questions. Especially on a board dedicated to the non-mundane

I'd give you some tips on posting, but you'd probably get kicked off

ETA just saw trip wire's post, another aussie, feel free to chime in if you have an opinion

Thanks

Oops! I forgot I posted in here! I'd be looking to Sydney for a New Years. It goes off! Melbourne is nice (lived there for a few years), but I'd really suggest the tropical north and also if you can, try get across to Tasmania. I don't know if you've been to New Zealand, but Tassie reminds me of there a lot. Northern Territory (top end), is also well worth a look.
I live in South Australia - if you are into wine then the Barossa Valley is a big wine-growing region with hundreds of wineries to visit + great local foods etc.

In regards to Phage's comment - I'm glad you didn't go down the tired "shrimp on the barbie, stone the crows, dingo got my baby, G'day maaaaayte" path there...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: someonerandom83
a reply to: Rhiannon

Hey there,
Ask any question you'd like, mundane is fine and mostly interesting, after all what could be mundane for me or you, could be very interesting for someone else

Ive been to a Sydney NYE and it was spectacular. Good crowd, energy and vibe. Ive also heard Melbourne's is pretty good as well.

As for exploring Oz, i have been to queensland gold coast/sunshine coat/ brisbane/ cairns/ rockhampton/townesville and they are great places.
I work in the heart of the Sydney CBD and am a stones throw from chinatown, darling harbour, circular, taronga zoo and loads more. The central west of New South Wales is nice, Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo is pretty amazing. The north, south and central coasts are all nice and have good things about them.
Victoria is nice and i personally love Melbourne as my fave city in OZ. Their are lots of area's around it, outer suburbs and different towns that are really amazing.
Depending on what you like most places have good attractions
Any more questions please feel free to ask

Great info, thanks for taking the time to answer! I'm still figuring my way around here too, if a thread isn't in the 'recent' section, I'm at a loss as to how to go about finding it. Well too lazy to read FAQ more like it, because I'm sure it's explained somewhere.

I can't wait to gooooooooo! I wanna see if a kangaroo will really knock my ass out if I try to pet it lol

Surfing too, have never tried it, saving it for Oz. I think I have to be the total American tourist and go for the Sydney Opera House NYE picture. But I'm definitely going to as many places as possible. And you added more places to that list damn you! jk

I saw a 'what sounded like' a pretty cool 'yacht' or sailing group tour along the coast with a lot of atypical fun things to do. I'm really excited obviously and I'll shut up about it now lol, just wanted to say thanks!

Oh and a Kiwi asked me why I'd want to go to a vast desert when I could visit heaven on earth just below lol I take there's a friendly rivalry between you two.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TRiPWiRE Good thing you did or I wouldn't have found it for a while lol

So is your avatar a Tool cover? Looks very Tool : )

Are you talking Great Barrier Reef (tropical north) because that is a must do imo, snorkling there.

I'm not really a foodie, I'm more of an adventurer, I like to immerse myself into local customs and culture, and clubs can't forget the nightlife babeeeee... although I might try a vegemite sandwich, which sounds
but when in Rome.

Thanks for the help, Sydney it is!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We are rightside up...its you ignorant Yaaanks that are upside down. I mean just look at the state of your Union.
Then again during the Commonwealth Games of 1982 Tasmania was left out of the map

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Oh and a Kiwi asked me why I'd want to go to a vast desert when I could visit heaven on earth just below lol I take there's a friendly rivalry between you two.

Hahaha. I nearly fell off my chair. One has only to look at how many Kiwis are over here. Its an invasion!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhiannon
a reply to: TRiPWiRE Good thing you did or I wouldn't have found it for a while lol

So is your avatar a Tool cover? Looks very Tool : )

Are you talking Great Barrier Reef (tropical north) because that is a must do imo, snorkling there.

I'm not really a foodie, I'm more of an adventurer, I like to immerse myself into local customs and culture, and clubs can't forget the nightlife babeeeee... although I might try a vegemite sandwich, which sounds
but when in Rome.

Thanks for the help, Sydney it is!

Not Tool (I do like them though!). A friend of mine does artwork and I pinched it from him

www.facebook.com...

Barrier Reef is great. I scuba dive up there (although I've not been there for a while now). Snorkelling is OK, but usually, you end up looking at dead reef and no marine life because everyone goes to those spots and the reef has suffered a bit because of it. Scuba tours operate out of there and generally, they have their own "turf". Try to get to the outer reef if you can. It's beautiful there.

I won't hold it against you if you don't like Vegemite. It's an American owned product these days anyway! Sitting here in my house and I've got 4 kangaroos grazing outside.

Can't get close enough to them to see if they'll knock my ass out though

edit on 22/3/15 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/15 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

hey just join ATS myself and seen you coming down under! good move!
well lets be honest our city's are just city's, now if you want to see Australia for the roar beauty she is i would recommend the outback for example or try the Kimberlys. this is what makes us what we are and is extremely remote and beautiful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join