It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on Channel4 (U.K.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Theres a "UFO Evening" on More4 tonight .

Funny seeing a Friend of mine interviewed but better to see ATS getting a few seconds of screen time .

Matthew Williams around the 21:00 mark and our beloved ATS from 31:00 .

Nice interview with Timothy Good as well .

www.channel4.com...

Enjoy .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Theres a "UFO Evening" on More4 tonight .

Funny seeing a Friend of mine interviewed but better to see ATS getting a few seconds of screen time .

Matthew Williams around the 21:00 mark and our beloved ATS from 31:00 .

Nice interview with Timothy Good as well .

www.channel4.com...

Enjoy .

Will watch that later, suprised no mention from the site unless it's either old and repeated or they did not know!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Thanks for posting this. I'll have to watch the show.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Blink and you miss it...

And to get an idea about the tone of the program...

Writer and comedian Dan Schreiber meets the people behind modern-day alien conspiracy theories, from Jesus being an alien to humanity being ruled by an evil reptilian overlord.

"Hahaha, silly conspiracies."

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I missed the start due to NCIS Marathon .

Started at 1900 but can only find the above on catchup this far .

19:00 UFOs: The Secret Evidence
21:05 New: The Great UFO Conspiracy
22:10 Alien Investigations

As it happens, The Great UFO Conspiracy is repeated at 01:25 GMT .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ho hO HO...

Heres the thread in question I think

ATS thread

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Surprise surprise. Gonna have to get better publicity if were gonna take this to the next level. But as they say any publicity is good publicity.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If it pulls in a few more Members it can't be bad.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Is that a screenshot from the show?

If it is,I wonder why they didn't choose a story about all of the gov pedophiles?

(American,btw.I wish I had access to Euro tv channels)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

As per the undoubted huge number of similar posts, I've had great success with country locked content using Hulu.

lifehacker.com...
edit on 15-3-2015 by Cymru because: Typo

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Is this with watching or is it literally just a screen shot?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ok so I have just watched the documentary.

Highly disappointing.

Basically makes fun of UFOlogy, has really about 4 people in total who are quite clearly a few sandwiches short of a pick-nick. one guy who claims he has been seeing UFO's and the government is after him (pretty standard stuff), then it moves onto another guy who at the end of the documentary claims that there is a "sentient black goo" in our water supply that is eventually going to kill us. It also features a guy who claims to be a supper solider and goes on about reptilians for a while interestingly the editorial team at channel four have beeped over him accusing the Rothschild of being reptilians.

The presenter is quite obviously taking the piss out of these people throughout the show and makes some sweeping generalisations about UFOlogy, like "hahaha can you believe they all believe this....".

As far as ATS goes I think that is probably the most interesting part. We get about 2 seconds of screen time only showing the site briefly as the presenter is doing his "research". It shows if nothing else that ATS was being used by Channel four to make this documentary. Would be interesting to know if any of the ATS staff has been approached for this

Basically the documentary is a joke, looking for the craziest UFO conspiracy theory rather than focusing on some of the more believable or plausible theories and sighting outs there.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is true. However, there were two points to this.

1) ATS gets mainstream screen time (however brief.)
2) Most if not all of the more outlandish claims have been discussed on here.

It seems a little narrow minded to decry the Documentary when a simple search will lead such people to ATS's door.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Highly disappointing.

Basically makes fun of UFOlogy, has really about 4 people in total who are quite clearly a few sandwiches short of a pick-nick. one guy who claims he has been seeing UFO's and the government is after him (pretty standard stuff), then it moves onto another guy who at the end of the documentary claims that there is a "sentient black goo" in our water supply that is eventually going to kill us. It also features a guy who claims to be a supper solider and goes on about reptilians for a while interestingly the editorial team at channel four have beeped over him accusing the Rothschild of being reptilians.

The presenter is quite obviously taking the piss out of these people throughout the show and makes some sweeping generalisations about UFOlogy, like "hahaha can you believe they all believe this....".

i agree with much of your assessment - the choice of the 'lunatic fringe' as representing the significant voices in ufology

except for the inclusion of mark pilkington, as the only sensible alternative to the 'nutters' - in that respect i thought it was quite interesting

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Lets be honest, point me to a Documentary that isn't populated with the snadwich short of a picnic brigade.

Some do bring new intel to the table but for now we have to take what we can.

If one person per hooky programme joins the cause, its worth it.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I remember someone making a thread on how it's strange that there are so many UFO programs being broadcasted all of a sudden. I have to agree. There have been so many aired on UK TV compared to the first half of last year and before. The thread also talked about how it may be preparing the public for an event. I hope that would be the case but not sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

This is true. However, there were two points to this.

1) ATS gets mainstream screen time (however brief.)
2) Most if not all of the more outlandish claims have been discussed on here.

It seems a little narrow minded to decry the Documentary when a simple search will lead such people to ATS's door.

Blink and you would have missed it.

You see a lap top screen showing a ATS tread twice, but unless you knew what ATS was you would never have give any thought of any significance it may have had.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Basically the documentary is a joke, looking for the craziest UFO conspiracy theory rather than focusing on some of the more believable or plausible theories and sighting outs there.

Yup, kind of getting used to it now - I actually wonder whether people realize they're being conditioned or just don't give a toss anymore.

Lets be honest, point me to a Documentary that isn't populated with the snadwich short of a picnic brigade.

This one dealing with historical aspects and government documents is a good one.

www.youtube.com...

This one is also worth a watch and won a Golden Globe.

www.youtube.com...

As is this one dealing with pilot incidents.

www.youtube.com...

And this Aussie one featuring the Gosford incident.

www.youtube.com...

Others:

The UFO Experience

UFOs Are Here

UFOs - What's Going On?

UFOs Are Real

Out Of The Blue

I Know What I Saw

Colares UFO

Edwards AFB UFO

Peru UFO

Mellen UFO

Illinois UFO

Mexican UFO

Florida UFO

Argentine UFO

Texas UFO

Scotland UFO

Canada UFO

Kansas UFO

Sorry got a bit carried away but there are plenty more out there and it does go to show there are lots of credible incidents involving lots of credible witnesses.

That Channel 4 elected to ignore all this and air the absolute joke of a preogramme that it did probably says more about them than the UFO subject itself.

new topics

top topics

join