It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Et tu, Britain? United Kingdom to join China in the anti-dollar alliance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I find it weird how much influence the US has on us, even at the very bottom of the banking system we had to change all our application forms and telephone applications to track down US taxpayers. I wonder what the cost to the business was for all the changes.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

I think it's even worse than you're imagining. American governmental agencies operate all over the world, and I don't mean our military or intelligence agencies. I saw reports that the NYPD has an office in Israel, the FBI works with different countries (even investigating at Benghazi), NASA has operations in South America, etc. Not to mention the US "no-fly" list covers Mexico & many other American allies, and how our DEA has offices throughout Latin America (and great influence over their domestic agriculture politics).

People don't want to admit it but it's a true empire. It's like the empires described in Machiavelli's "The Prince", where you set up a small base among the people you're occupying, allow them petty decision-making, but determine the overall direction of things. (I haven't read "The Prince" in a long time so apologies if I got that wrong.)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: and14263

Meh I could care less America could very well go isolationist and sustain its self.

Yep, it does not really need to import anything! USA only imports what cannot be made cheaper in the USA, make it all in the USA, save millions in exported Dollars.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Ah. That was really respectable. And true we are something like brothers and sisters across the pond. But alas even family exiles and America has got used to a #e reseption in our foreign policy, and have got used to many jumping ship.

Just do us a favor in the unlikely but possible event china Russia north Korea decide to launch full on pre emptive nuclear war and irradiate our rich land. Please avenge us as any true family would do thanks.
edit on 15-3-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: ColCurious
Where abouts it Germany you at m8 ? You know alot of the German economy relys on our precence . I was over in schweinfurt beautiful country you have there. I did however feel like an occupying force. After have relations with a college woman who was Bavarian named Kathy I realized that we were like the roman empire . However I also realized protecting the west interests were of highest order and that we had sacraficed moral compass for strategy.

Er, the German economy DOES NOT rely on US Forces being present. It is the largest in the EU on it's own two feet and is a major manufacturer.

As for the OP - hyperbole much? We're getting in with the Chinese so as to position ourselves well for when they are top dog, but it's hardly shafting the Yanks. We (the UK) want to trade with everybody, we always have and this is no different.
edit on 15/3/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

People don't want to admit it but it's a true empire

No it's not.

A "True Empire " would have full command of the Military of those countries " occupied " by The U.S. ( as did the British Empire in WW I & WW II )

The best that The U.S. has achieved on occasion was " Operational Control " There is a huge difference between Command and Control.

edit on 15-3-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

All day I just wanted to say. My empires bigger than yours!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

All day I just wanted to say. My empires bigger than yours!

Not sure which " Empire " you are referring to ?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Darth vaders of course! Ah I get a kick from instigating you. Your alright a little over the top union jack but alright by me.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Darth vaders of course! Ah I get a kick from instigating you. Your alright a little over the top union jack but alright by me.

Thank you for you kind words

Union Flag by the way. It's only The Union " Jack " when flown from the " Jackstaff" on a Royal Navy Ship.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree. A country doesn't have to have "full control" to be an empire. It only needs control over the direction of its major policies. After the Marshall Plan & formation of NATO, Western Europe's military & political elites are in fact subservient to the US. When politicians speak against the US in public & move against it politically, it's a charade meant for public consumption. They're always going to allow the US to have bases there if Washington wants them, will go along w/our intelligence & law enforcement plans if told to, and will boycott or sanction whoever we wish, even when detrimental to their own citizens. If the US wants war, their empire will deliever whatever resources are asked, be it financing, nonlethal aid, lethal aid, logistic support, etc.

I would liken it to Napoleon's empire. Officially, he appointed family members as the rulers of the other European countries he'd conquered. And their citizens believed in the illusion of independence. But all of their major political, economic, and military decisions came from him.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

But all of their major political, economic, and military decisions came from him.

The U.S. President makes none of the above for any country outside of The U.S. If you think he does then please give me examples.

The best the U.S. can do is have an influence. This influence is usually in some form of " Blackmail " They cannot and do not make decisions for any other country.

Please also tell me which foreign military's have a Commander-In- Chief who is a U.S. citizen ?

edit on 16-3-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yes well said......The World went away from the Gold Standard to the US$ standard after WW2.

Thats because the USA was the only country with any money and industry left after WW2.

It is timely to remember that only in the late 1990s, did Britain Finally repay the Lend Lease loans etc BACK to the USA, from the USA involvement in WW2.

Most Americans seem to think that they gave their weapons and time "Freely" for the good of Humanity, to entre WW2 in Europe.......In fact the Americans CHARGED the British Billions of $ that took 60 years to repay, for the privilege......

Thats brotherly love for freedom.........Free....as long as you pay for it!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It seems France and Germany are also going to join

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It does raise the question of what benefits the countries see in joining rather than staying with the current system. I'm sure that there must have been some discussions with the U.S banks before coming to the conclusion this was a more viable option, I just hope they are undergoing this change with the thought it will be a benefit to the populace and helping there economies and does not transcend into a fiasco like the creation of the euro.
edit on 17-3-2015 by thepitpony because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So China is the anti-christ now? Add another name to the long list of anti-christs...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join