It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I will stick to what God's word defines faith as:

'Round and 'round.

If you have faith why are you concerned with proof?

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: spy66

so what is my definition?

Thank you
This is not Your thing is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Because true faith is not based on anything but solid evidence. What is the point of faith, if it is not real?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

oh its totally "my thing". I just found it interesting that instead of giving me an actual answer to the fairly specific query, you instead claimed that your definition was the same as mine without knowing what mine was. If you want an answer, please explain your position. I know what my definition would be, I'm curious as to yours and what you think of as human or the beginnings of humanity.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Dont you have faith in science Page?
No. I think that science is a valid process for understanding aspects of the physical universe.

Dont you have faith in the proof that they present?
"Faith in the proof" is an oxymoron. If there is proof there is no need for faith. Conversely, if there is faith there is (or should be) no need for proof.

You think science is a valid prosess. Okay......but you dont have faith in it..Mmmm

What do you think about Your knowledge.....do you have faith in it? Or is it just a valid prosess as well?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Because true faith is not based on anything but solid evidence. What is the point of faith, if it is not real?

From what I've seen, faith is not based on evidence except in a circular sense. "The Bible is God's word because it says so right there in the Bible."

I'm sure faith is real but what is the point of proof if all that is required is faith? You cannot prove the existence of God to one who does not have faith. If one has faith, no proof should be required.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody

You see if you were walking through a desert and found a house that was built and furnished, complete with refrigeration, and food, and everything, would you conclude it came about by chance? Or that someone designed it and put it their with effort and work?

But why do you think that man is like a house or 747 ( another example used)? Why is life anything other than just a natural consequence of the known fundamental laws of chemistry and physics?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

oh its totally "my thing". I just found it interesting that instead of giving me an actual answer to the fairly specific query, you instead claimed that your definition was the same as mine without knowing what mine was. If you want an answer, please explain your position. I know what my definition would be, I'm curious as to yours and what you think of as human or the beginnings of humanity.

Why do i have to do that when i asked you specific questions.

-When did we start to Call ourselves Man or Humans?

If this is Your thing...this should be easy for you.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Okay......but you dont have faith in it..Mmmm

Right. I don't think science is infallible.

What do you think about Your knowledge.....do you have faith in it?
I don't think I am infallible. I question my own understanding on a continuing basis.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If you have solid evidence you do not need faith anymore, and the desire for solid evidence is a lack in faith...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

No, faith is belief in something without evidence. You don't need faith once you have evidence, because then you have proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

From what I've seen, faith is not based on evidence except in a circular sense. "The Bible is God's word because it says so right there in the Bible."

I'm sure faith is real but what is the point of proof if all that is required is faith? You cannot prove the existence of God to one who does not have faith. If one has faith, no proof should be required.

There are a couple of things. I respect your thoughts on this matter. And have heard them over my life many times. I have taken the time to investigate God's word and have satisfied myself that it is of divine origin. It would take too long right now to explain everything here, and I am not sure you would want the proof. But it is there.

Your statement that I cannot give faith to another person, is correct. Although I have persuaded people in my life, including my science teacher to question their own beliefs, and have helped many to come to a true faith in the true God Jehovah. But as you stated, I myself cannot do that. God himself does that.

That is why he states that he has used the foolish ones of the world to put to shame the wisdom of the wise ones, to save those believing.

You see I understand true faith is a gift from God himself. And he can certainly reveal himself to anyone he chooses at any time, and make them know it is him without any shadow of a doubt.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Okay......but you dont have faith in it..Mmmm

Right. I don't think science is infallible.

What do you think about Your knowledge.....do you have faith in it?
I don't think I am infallible. I question my own understanding on a continuing basis.

Okay. Science is not infallible....that is probably true. So what do we have to do to have faith in science?

Or are you saying that we should not have faith in science at all?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
earlier i said the wordtranslated as dust or clay can also mean other things; even "material" in this sense material can mean anything including living things like apes, sea monkeys, plankton, telemarketers... phone sanitizers.

this is necessary because we do share the majority of our DNA with primates and a lot of DNA with even more primitive lifeforms. in embryological development we even undergo a mini evolution cycle; at one stage our embryos have amphibian gills. this cannot be true if we were made totally outside of natural processes.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You did not answer my question. Do you have faith in gravitational theory? Do you have faith that the apples will fall from trees?

Do you have faith in the electronics theory? Do you have faith in computers?

link   

Or are you saying that we should not have faith in science at all?

I don't care what you have faith in or not. I'm saying that if you have faith, you should have no reason to tout any evidence as proof of your faith. Faith and proof are apples and oranges.

link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Please take this moment to reevaluate your life choices.

Sorry but the Daily Mail is in no way a life choice of mine.
But if you'll drop me a line, I'll be sure to put on the long list
of wanna be consultants.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You did not answer my question. Do you have faith in gravitational theory? Do you have faith that the apples will fall from trees?

Do you have faith in the electronics theory? Do you have faith in computers?

I have my own idea about gravity.

I do have faith that a apple will fall from the tree if it is released.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No, you didn't ask a specific question, you changed the question. You first asked-

when exactly the Human branch was made? And from what exact branch it was

you then changed the query to-

When did Man start to Call it self Human?

These are two very different questions and rather vague and ambiguous because different people may have different answers depending on how they define human, hence my earlier answer providing several variables. If I don't know what you believe the starting point is, I can't really answer when that hominid came to be and what branch it derived from. If you want an answer to the former then please, indicate which hominid you would consider to be human, if you're looking for the latter, the term originally came to be around 1300 CE

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I do have faith that a apple will fall from the tree if it is released.

What do you think would happen if you did not have that faith?
Reality cares nothing about faith.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join