It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone show me evidence of man being created from dirt?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thatthing
One answer, And one answer only...
Our species Came with the meteor that Killed most of the dinosaurs,

no

moving earth closer to the sun

absolutely false

changing our atmosphere

yes but not in the way you probably want to believe it had. It was a short term matter. The amount of dust and debris in the atmosphere created an effect similar to a nuclear winter but it wasn't a complete or permanent change in the atmosphere.

And gravity, so that dinosaurs no konger could bear their own weight, And ended up AS crocs And gators

Absolutely false. Crocodiles first diverged from Archosaurs ~200MYA

We formed on this earth over millions of years, finding human skeletons dating millions of years back, ( i read it in one recent post on ATS. )

there are no anatomically modern humans older than 200KYA so finding remains that are millions of years old...no

And here we are. We evolved here

yes we did, just not in the time frame you seem to think

other species have evolved on other planets aswel, life goes on.

It's a near certainty that we aren't the only planet with life on it. Unless you're implying that other life currently residing on earth evolved elsewhere and then somehow came to be here?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The idea of evolution and creation does not have to be a separate issue. The Bible says that the Earth and man was created in 6 days, BUT it also say that a day could be a 1000 years to God. It also says that the Old Testament is the history of the Jewish race. And that Cane returned with a wife. SO where did she come from?

See what I mean? Even if you believe in God and the Bible that still leaves lots of room for other possibilities.

Does Eden even have to be on this planet? Maybe that was a completely different world they where kicked off of.

Also think about the angels in the Bible. Aren't they suppose to be a completely different race of beings?

Umm Alien beings maybe? From anther world?

Like Spock said "There are always possibilities"

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Man is made of the earth (another word for dirt). The manifestation is made of what appears to be something. That which man ifests is just what is appearing to move.
That which is seeing the moving is stillness.

All is DONE on earth as it is in Heaven.

The moving is just simply happening - no one is doing it.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: randyvs

I meant as in the biblical account, dirt forming man, not life coming from dirt them evolving into man over billions of years.

The first man did not literally pop out of the ground did he?

No but god & religion popped out of man's imagination!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

I meant as in the biblical account, dirt forming man, not life coming from dirt them evolving into man over billions of years.

No but god & religion popped out of man's imagination!

Actually, the brain is wired specifically to allow religious experiences (non dualism). Study on mystics and monks showed that during such experiences there is a decrease of activity in the parietal lobe which allow us to identify ourselves VS our surroundings. Basically they become one with the universe.

If it was only imagination only that gave birth to religions, you wouldn't be able to reproduce and measure the very experience of the mystical state.

What popped from imagination are all the specifics tales and myths surrounding deities.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Forgive me for mentioning this if someone already has but I would just recommend OP to look into the translation of the bible by the former translator of the Vatican, Mauro Biglino.

When making a new translation from the original scripts he discovered that there is errors in the earlier translations of the bible, for example concerning the creation of man. Even if this also leads to a circular theory, it can be worth reading.

According to Biglino the word of the matter which was made to make man is "tselem" which is translated as "which contains a image/something that can be cut of". Modern interpretation of this image is of course DNA. This was mixed with "afar" which is translated as "something that can hold a shape" by the "gods" (Elohim which is a plural form of the word for god) who came down to earth in the process of making the perfect slave. Traditionally the word "afar" is translated/connected with "dirt" even if it apparently doesn´t mean it.

There are of course a thread about it on ATS and here is a link to the post mentioning it:
LINK

The thread has also links to Biglino´s lectures which I find very interesting. I can however not verify his theories, I am not a scholar of ancient languages.

In Sumerian mythology documented on tablets, there is a similar story when Enki, one of the gods, creates man as slave in a similar way as in the Bible. The tablets are broken and the whole text can´t be transcribed but says:

O my mother, the creature whose name thou hoist uttered, it exists,
Bind upon it the . . . of the gods;
Mix the heart of the clay that is over the abyss,
The good and princely fashioners will thicken the clay,
Thou, do thou bring the limbs into existence;
Ninmah (the earth-mother goddess) will work above thee,
. . . (goddesses of birth) will stand by thee at thy fashioning;
O my mother, decree thou its (the new-born's) fate,
Ninmah will bind upon it the . . . of the gods,
. . . as man . . .

Read more about this at:
Sacred texts

Other than this, I think it will be hard to find facts that man was crated from clay unless you interpret clay as "the substances of the planet earth".

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Not in your, or my sense of time. But what about in the sense of time of a creature that lives forever? For example, a house fly lives for about 30 days. Do they see those 30 days the same way you see 30 days, or do they see that time the same as you see your entire life? If they do see their short time as a life, the same as you do, then you swatting at them may seem like many hours of what you see as a split-second. So reverse that...would a being that lives forever consider billions of years as popping out of the ground? Maybe? And yes...I'm talking about a god-like (or actual) creature. And no...I don't believe in god.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The bible says that man was created from dirt, so is there any evidence of this ever being observed or any evidence at all that supports this notion outside of the bible?

And what about women being created from a man's rib? Is there any evidence or proof of this being an observable phenomenon?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Hello, most of the words they use here are to big for me, I am just a simple guy and just new here.....
and life in my own little bubble, and love it....

The answer on your two questions is, no.
It is impossible to do that, maybe in 10.000 years it is possible, but not now or in the past.

Have a great day and keep fighting...

edit on 16 3 2015 by TheJudge2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yep a grown man asking Christians who believe in a creation myth is literal to provide evidence. He is basically asking them to grow up already.

So are you saying that man did not come from the elements, and do you have proof that intelligent design had nothing to do with life on earth?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thatthing
One answer, And one answer only...
Our species Came with the meteor that Killed most of the dinosaurs, moving earth closer to the sun, changing our atmosphere, And gravity, so that dinosaurs no konger could bear their own weight, And ended up AS crocs And gators,

Wow, that must of been a big hit to move the earth, how many miles closer to the sun?

How did we lose gravity? Did that meteor remove a chunk of earth when it hit? No wait, it could not have removed a chunk but added a chunk since gravity became more (dinos got heavier)... ok I'm confused now...

We formed on this earth over millions of years, finding human skeletons dating millions of years back, ( i read it in one recent post on ATS. ) , And here we are. We evolved here, other species have evolved on other planets aswel, life goes on.

If there is evolution then how could there be "humans" millions of years ago?
edit on 16-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: WeAre0ne

But it is true that man has been formed, and man is formed of dirt.

Formed implies intent. That truth is debatable.

I'm not made of dirt. My chemical composition varies quite a bit from dirt.
Top four for me:
oxygen 61%
carbon 23%
hydrogen 10%
nitrogen 2.5%

Top four for for "dirt".
oxygen 46.60%
silicon 27.72%
aluminum 8.13%
iron 5.00%

All of that was star dirt....

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Does Eden even have to be on this planet? Maybe that was a completely different world they where kicked off of.

What if Eden is a metaphor for the animal kingdom, and Adam and Eve are the metaphor for when Man became man. It seems in Eden all creatures are innocent, but Adam ate from the tree of knowledge and became self aware and could no longer be apart of Eden again....

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The bible is often taken too literal. Most disagreements begin with figurative vs literal. Some people fail to realize much was lost in translation through different languages and spans of time. To simply put it we all derive from the earth, thus containing the same elements as all other life here.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

do you have proof that intelligent design had nothing to do with life on earth?

No I don't.

Although I have always thought that ID is possible due to the mathematical structure of the universe. Maybe it isn't 'intelligent' but there is certainly 'design' in the structures.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: themadetricks

Problem is, God didn't scribble any notes in the margin for us. That's like writing a manual where half the instructions will blow up the equipment. "Just figure out what's legit and what to ignore".

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out what this post is all about. It seems that many are trying to say that man may not have had the knowledge/words to explain the origin of species a few 1000 years ago...But then we could say the same thing a few 100 years ago too.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Although I have always thought that ID is possible due to the mathematical structure of the universe. Maybe it isn't 'intelligent' but there is certainly 'design' in the structures.

You never know...Maybe intelligent design tinkered with with the 24 chromosome pairs of our close distant ape cousins to create us the monkeys with 23 pairs, or otherwise known as humans....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Can someone show me evidence of a big bang? They're all unprovable theories.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guidance.Is.Internal
Can someone show me evidence of a big bang? They're all unprovable theories.

The big bang expansion is observed and confirmed.
Only the singularity remains out of our sight.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dismanrc

What if Eden is a metaphor for the animal kingdom, and Adam and Eve are the metaphor for when Man became man. It seems in Eden all creatures are innocent, but Adam ate from the tree of knowledge and became self aware and could no longer be apart of Eden again....

Genesis is obviously metaphors, epic, creation myth, there is no denying this.

It's mainly OP and fundamentalists who have a fixation on literal reading of it, I don't get why.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join