It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS conspiracy theories take away from the real conspiracies.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Just wait for the thread I'm not going to give you any ammunition beforehand.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It is the master plan to create a climate of conspiracy. It is the best hiding place for secrets in a climate of intrigue. It is the next obvious evolutionary rung on the ladder after the preceding climate of political spin. We have all been pawns in that game and that is why I no longer play.

It only gets to really matter in the courtroom. There a gifted lawyer can do miracles. Like Al Pacino said as the character John Milton in "The Devil's Advocate";

"Lawyers are the devil's ministry".

Once we make any kind of written statement to attempt to reflect reality with a point of view it can be torn apart, no matter how apparently truthful; this is what lawyers do best. In literary criticism nobody can offer a consensual critique. The critic is just as open to criticism one they have committed to any kind of statement.

Facts are only facts as they happen in the present. Once they have happened there only exists retrospection that can never match the fact. Subjectivity creeps in instantly. Life is only honest in action, never truly in our attempts to literally represent that action as an account.

There are a myriad of versions of how JFK came to be assassinated. There are myriad versions of what really happened with 9/11. How are you going to find the truth in all that with no hard evidence and no courtroom? I am quite certain this modern climate of conspiracy is quite deliberate and is a very effective tactic.

Conspiracy theorists are the performing clowns, weaving the web of intrigue in a paradoxical farce by theorizing every theory possible into the equation. Well done everybody. Pat on the back, mission accomplished.

On a light-hearted note to finish I saw Elvis the other day in Poundland!

edit on 14-3-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Okay I understand your point we will just need to get used to people laughing at us.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: nonspecific

I was a conspiracy theorist back in the 1980s. The reason I made this thread is because conspiracy theories are a laughing stock now for the reasons I stated.

Nice to run into another old timer.

Just curious...you state that conspiracy theories are a laughing stock now.

Back in the day when all those heavily re-xeroxed chain letters warning us about how all major corporations were in league with NWO Satan and we needed to give ourselves to Jesus because someone saw a '666' hidden in corporate logos was back when CT at the height of it's game?

Ah, yes. The 'good old days'.
Satanic Panic has always been popular.
Heard they even wrote a book on it 2000 years ago.
Best seller, that one. Still in print.

Gee golly darn I sure miss the days of having unexpected conversations with imbalanced strangers on the street warning me about how fluoride in the water was slowly poisoning us all and how the government was going to make them disappear any day now because they "knew too much".

Now that I think about it....I don't run into those cats as often out there.

Go figure. Guess they got the whole "revolution not being televised" thing right.

They sure hit the proverbial nail square on the head that time around.

Hopefully they're enjoying their basket weaving classes somewhere safe in a government detention center rehab clinic for the socially disaffected drug addled loony toons who rode the Freedom Train past their expected destination.

Poor saps. Drugs are bad m'kay?

Just for the record...Big Brother really does care.
I've got the t-shirt to prove it.

These days it's all a bunch of stoned college kids with too much free time and this newfangled "internet" thing.

Little Timmy finally saw their first lizard while under the influence of experimental psychedelics and is compelled to "wake up the sheeple" via hastily produced and poorly researched premises with the youtube videos.

I hope they don't forget to include the soundtrack to the Matrix blaring over a bunch of unoriginal gibberish they stole from one another in the giant hive-mind.

Gotta get those internet dollars and street cred.

Better throw some scary and unoriginal symbolic interpretation in there and little blood sacrifice rumors backed up with still images from rap videos. Add in some nefarious undertones regarding the "powers that be" using various hand gestures to really drive the point home.

You see, I too like to play connect the dots.
I also enjoy coloring books with great zest and zeal, but that's not the point.

It's a strenuous rite of passage, isn't it?
Watching people connect the dots differently?
Little buggers coloring outside the lines all the time?

I know it sure chaps my hide seven ways from Sunday.

Things just haven't been the same since the Elvis sightings died down.
I'm tellin' ya.

Those were the days.

Meme
100th Monkey Effect
Fad

Hold on - be right back....there's some more of those kids on my lawn.
Gotta wake 'em up to the truth man.
Think of the children.

Serious business.

edit on 3/14/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting (they're watching me and my line is tapped)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
One time I heard my nephew and my sister's boyfriend at the time talking about this one that has to do with the music industry. Supposedly, they sacrificed this or that rapper so this or that other rapper can get famous. I just rolled my eyes. It was so silly.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm continuing to notice an influx of new members that haven't been here a month, that are posting comments and starting threads that are belittling members of ATS and its content...

Now, ATS being the perfect place for a conspiracy, what do people make of this?
edit on 3/14/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It's a conspiracy, probably initiated by the Illuminati or the military industrial complex in order to make said members look less than credible. Just kidding. Or am I?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I was thinking matrix penguin overlords that hate us for their lack of ability to fly.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

It's a conspiracy, probably initiated by the Illuminati or the military industrial complex in order to make said members look less than credible. Just kidding. Or am I?

Nah, its just the social media promotion bringing in newer younger members.

The music forum is going to suck in a years time.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

That is something I had not considered and it makes perfect sense. Good call.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: nonspecific

That is something I had not considered and it makes perfect sense. Good call.

I could be wrong, it's just a guess but a pretty good one.

I just hope that the old guard welcomes the new breed with just the right amount of respect and a smattering of teaching so as not to scare too many off.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There's been a push to discredit conspiracy theories left and right for I don't know how long. In the MSM, Hollywood and video games people that believe in aliens/area 51/nwo are to be ridiculed and dismissed from "serious conversations".

That is 100% social conditioning.
This conditions us to draw a line between what's real, what isn't and be judged by it.

Depending on how open minded and life experiences we have, we draw that line which is more or so close to where the social conditioning wants us...where others around us want us to draw the line. When someone crosses that line, many will dismiss EVERYTHING that comes after, because let's face it : He must be a wacko.

I just said "let's face it" and "wacko", that's social conditioning right there. We are all into the same system.
We have been conditioned to even stop THINKING when it's over the line.

When the human system was religious, someone wasn't going over the line when he explained sunrise the best he could using God for an answer. Scientists of the past have been ridiculed for believing in microbes, scientists of today talk about quantum space but they aren't considered wackos.

I consider myself an agnostic conspiracy theorist. I will listen to everything and speculate on anything.

I'm not crazy for speculating about hollow earth, reptilians and the Illuminati.
No one ever was crazy for speculating anything if they didn't turn SPECULATING into FAITH.

That's where I draw my line.

I'm pretty sure 911 was an inside job and that Cthulhu doesn't exist but I could be wrong on both stances.
The lack of proof isn't proof of the contrary.

I'm surprised you people here on ATS don't seem to be more open minded. To fit in the norm you seem to think that it's more intellectually fit and more socially acceptable to discredit most conspiracy theories. I don't find this reasoning to be enlightened at all, I find this mindset similar to thinking in a box and staying in a box never got no one nowhere.

I'm sure TBTP are very happy with the video, that their plans have only been delayed. Judging from most posts in this thread, the successful social conditioning and the median stupidity that comes with it will shine for a couple more years.
The sheep will sheep themselves again, no revolution will happen.

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its about knowing where the line is, that's the other thing that leads to all these crazy conspiracy theorists not knowing were the line between was is reasonably possible and what is wandering into the realms of science fiction.

As we can see, the line is totally subjective, everyone "knows" where the line is...and I'm sure we all think that our line is the best one when we are probably all wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Newer members are the lifeblood of keeping the oral tradition alive.
We should always strive to welcome them aboard the Mothership with open arms.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's why they keep stealing our fish. Down with Penguins!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Well said.

I see the video in the OP being more of that conditioning that you speak of.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

Depending on how open minded and life experiences we have, we draw that line which is more or so close to where the social conditioning wants us...where others around us want us to draw the line. When someone crosses that line, many will dismiss EVERYTHING that comes after, because let's face it : He must be a wacko.

This kind of statement really annoys me. There are all sorts of open minded people who have carefully examined and rejected their "social conditioning" and who dispute various claims based on reasoning. The above is just as much a knee jerk ad hom as "he must be a wacko" IMO.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Good reply but I'm not the type to say 5000 words when something can be said in 50 words.

We use to publish an underground newspaper called the "lost cause review" that covered many of the issues that we thought were pertinent at the moment. When I go back and read them now for the most part I laugh at my idiocy and immaturity.

By the way we were all talking about Elvis once and a black girl that is a friend of mine looked over and said. " you white people are all effed up, you wouldn't here at brother saying I saw Marvin Gaye at 7:11." LOL
edit on 14-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

I can't get used to the site yet my apologies that reply was meant for General eyes

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I am not trying to be little anyone. I am just stating my opinion that some of the silliness of the conspiracies now touted regularly are giving credence to distract from the real conspiracies out there. And making many conspiracy theorist laughing stocks, that offends me because I know there are issues that should be seriously discussed but we can't in public without getting laugh at.

When you try to inform people that the mainstream media is not gospel. You get sarcastic replies like are all the reporters reptilian's or don't worry about it spaceships are sucking all the life out of the sun as we speak will be dead soon anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I am not trying to be little anyone. I am just stating my opinion that some of the silliness of the conspiracies now touted regularly are giving credence to distract from the real conspiracies out there. And making many conspiracy theorist laughing stocks, that offends me because I know there are issues that should be seriously discussed but we can't in public without getting laugh at.

When you try to inform people that the mainstream media is not gospel. You get sarcastic replies like are all the reporters reptilian's or don't worry about it spaceships are sucking all the life out of the sun as we speak will be dead soon anyway.

Why do you try and tell people anything?

Can you really expect anyone to believe you over the main stream media and manipulation that they are bombarded with daily?

I would say that the fault lies not with the world of conspiracy but the people you are trying to educate and the social conditioning they are subjected to.

I know this from personal experience, I stopped trying and started looking after myself.

There are non less likely to look than those that refuse to see.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

No if you followed my responses in the thread. I would've been the guy on the right trying to get away from the wacko piling conspiracy upon conspiracy with his inane gibber.

There are serious conspiracies that need to be discussed. The people that insist on discussing the completely ridiculous ones are probably either deranged or government plants meant to discredit the conspiracy movement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join