It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One American's Rage Spills Over: Shut Your Mouth & Start Fighting These Political Parasites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can only agree with you on that WTFover, Though, If you look at the products you cited in your reply, they are both considered to be Highly Addictive. Maybe this has something to do with it as well. It's kinda like advertising Happy Meals to Kids on TV (Lots of Poor Nutritional Choices with Those Nice Little Toys Inside) and deliberately getting them on pathways to possible long term poor health due to the need for more Corporate Profits. Good Reply and A Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: WTFover

edit on 15-3-2015 by arjunanda because: syntax

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hi Capt Proton, Yep and what The Hoarders don't realize is that the dollars there are in circulation chasing the same amount or more products brings about deflation naturally. The only reason asset prices were bid up so high in the first place was the presence of easy credit which has fueled a bubble in all asset classes (Bringing Consumption from the future forward). The Air comes out of the credit bubble by virtue of the fact that people (Governments/Localities and Consumers) are already over indebted and can't or won't take on any more credit. This is when the whole Credit Ponzi Scheme falls apart and all asset classes come tumbling back down to their true value. Good Reply and A Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: CAPT PROTON

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

I apologize for the error in my original calculation, but the principle still applies.

Everyone knows the addictive properties of cigarettes and alcohol, but still choose to voluntarily consume them. As for the Happy Meals and associated advertising, that simply comes down to parental supervision and using the word "No."

As you can probably tell, I believe personal responsibility is of utmost importance and wish that people would consider their own before jumping on the "eat the rich" bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree WTFover Good Reply, ultimately the only thing we can control is ourselves. It's just a pity there are so many well meaning sociopaths out there trying to control others (Futile and Temporary in The End).
Arjunanda. a reply to: WTFover

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Amen!

There is no recovery for the 99% of America and the world for that matter! Another downturn is well underway and perhaps when it happens people will wake up.

The bankers have enslaved the boomers and the millennials through unsustainable debt. The boomers can't retire and the millenials have part time retail and restaurant jobs with huge debt burdens.

I just hope that when people wake up we don't replace it with the SOS

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asmall89

With respect, asmall89, the debtors have enslaved themselves. I was one of them. Not once, in all my years of borrowing money, was I forced to sign a loan agreement. I, and everyone else, must walk into the bank with our hats in hand and ask to be subject to interest and debt. Failure to gain knowledgeable about debt lies solely with the debtor, who is empowered to do without whatever it is they are wanting to purchase, shop interest rates, or buy cheaper.

Without the investments of wealthy people, we would not have wonderful things like these computers we are using to communicate or the web that connects them.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CAPT PROTON
Here's an idea that makes my friend foam at the mouth and he's not even close to wealthy, and that is to place a cap on the amount of wealth a person can have. A few hundred million ought to do it, as most of us will never see that much money anyway. The rich are hoarding cash. And when they do that, that takes money out of the system that others can earn. Taxes are supposed to claw that money back for the little people to use, but the wealthy have found ways around that. The wealthy are nothing but hoarders, which is a clear psychological disorder, because they are accumulating wealth that they have no intention of ever letting go if they can help it because they have fear of being poor, basically.

This idea is completely meaningless.

First of all, their wealth is only a lot when concentrated in one individual, when you spread what they have among another 310 million people, it doesn't go very far. 300 billion dollars isn't even $1000 per person. Does jumping from making 20k per year to just under 21k actually change anything?

Second, how much a person has is a completely irrelevant metric. If a person scrimps, saves, and toils at a job for 40 years in order to amass a $1 million to live out their retirement on, are they really all that wealthy? Let me put this another way, if 100% of everyones bank accounts were confiscated and we had to create a new rich and poor with the government spending money back into the economy there would still be a rich and a poor despite everyone being equal. This is because real wealth isn't measured by what you have, but rather by how quickly you can generate more.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WTFover

I don't remember signing an agreement to being a US citizen liable for multiple wars and liabilities. With regards to personal debt I agree it's ones responsibility. However how is one supposed to go through college and buy a house without debt?

If you say working and savings well consider that savings accounts can't keep up the rate of inflation. Its almost impossible to save up to buy a home while renting. Unless you have a good job in which case you most likely need a college degree or years of work.

You can't get ahead without financing and even with all the easy credit and 4 year degrees you can get it's getting near impossible.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'd think that with American's rage boiling over, the first step isn't to SHUT your mouth, but to open it in widespread protest.

Unfortunately, Americans are too self serving to care about anyone else or their country. With the current divisions in the USA on almost every subject, it's highly unlikely that ANY Americans would ever be interested enough to actually overthrow their Government.

If you don't believe it's possible or legal, read my signature. It's from your Bill of Rights.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

And as a side note I forgot to add with my first reply. I understand that the majority of the wealthy aren't our enemies and many have contributed positively to society and worked hard to earn their wealth.

However it's the small few who are corrupt and support a corrupt system that give the rest a bad name. Banking has become a bloated out of control monster who benefits the rich the most. Secondly they have their hands in the pockets of our politicians who influence the policies of this country. The current policies are destroying the middle class and creating a wealth gap, who do you think people are going to blame?

Heavy hangs the head that wears the crown.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89

And as a side note I forgot to add with my first reply. I understand that the majority of the wealthy aren't our enemies and many have contributed positively to society and worked hard to earn their wealth.

However it's the small few who are corrupt and support a corrupt system that give the rest a bad name. Banking has become a bloated out of control monster who benefits the rich the most. Secondly they have their hands in the pockets of our politicians who influence the policies of this country. The current policies are destroying the middle class and creating a wealth gap, who do you think people are going to blame?

Heavy hangs the head that wears the crown.

Unfortunately, in the American system, almost EVERY politician at every level of Government is corrupt. The problem is, that in the USA, it's legalized under the term LOBBYING.

In most other countries, when companies try US style lobbying to advance their political agenda, they get into BIG trouble.

Most industry - not just banking - benefits the super rich the most and everyone else the least. You have to be seriously high in the food chain in today's America to get any real benefit from today's economy.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You can not overcome the ignorant masses, that is the bottom line in all this. Once a person has name recognition they can fail at extreme levels and still get voted back in.

I'm at the point of building my securities in life to do well no matter who is in office. I really do not care any more since it doesn't effect me at the personal level. 8 years under Bush I did great, and 8 years under Obama I did great.... The truth is one needs to take care of yourself and family.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda
Star and Flag for your article, and I think they may be counting
what was stolen and hidden offshore.

That could account for a large rise in "perceived" net worth, lol.

$32 Trillion offshore needs IRS attention

Old article, but relevant, part of why I call most of the current
governments of the world Kleptocracy.

Kleptocracy meaning Government for thieves by thieves.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Those who earned their wealth I support them keeping it.

Those who bought the political and legal process to loot
the nation thru various schemes and stash $32 trillion
of it offshore I do not support.

Keep in mind the $32 trillion is what they were able to trace...

I am sure some wealth has been hidden/laundered in ways
we may never know about.

I also think that thieves great and small should at least
go to prison, and all of their assets be seized.

edit on 15-3-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: content-spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have no argument or protest with the honest capitalist.

I have argument with the ppl who parked $32 trillion offshore.

I have argument with the Telcos that robbed $300 billion in
taxpayer money for a giant boondoggle and non-existent
internet upgrade when other countries have FAR better internet
for FAR FAR less money.

$300 Billion Broadband Scandal

This is just the tip of the iceberg with 75% of the US budget going
to the Military Industrial Complex or the Security Industrial Complex.

800+ bases in 100+ nations, 20+ US bases surrounding Iran alone,
we are the new Rome...

I want to see Vote Orwell-Huxley 2016 bumper stickers at this point,
because that is where we are heading.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Exactly. It's not just banking but oil, weapons manufacturers, vehicles, electronics etc. I think banking is probably at the top because everyone needs money right?

I was shocked to find out that my parents still owe $190,000 on our house after 30 or so years of paying on mortgages. They sold while the market was high too. I think most people are in this situation too, it's a treadmill people are never going to pay off and "own" their house. Why are people OK with this?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
In all fairness and transparency, I'm a middle class working stiff and my net worth has gone up considerably since 2008.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result.......”

-- Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda 1928

Everyday i have to ask my self, "am i really awake now? or is this just another piece if propaganda?"
You can only stress over something so much to where you either fold, or take your chances and play your hand.

I think all of us, you know normal people, trying to live life to the fullest. Even when we know, in the back of our minds, some where in the world, a person is struggling, or starving. Why do we accept the struggling and the deaths of others who in opinion are far away, but they are not far away. They are on "planet Earth." Human beings. Who's the "shot-caller"? Military industrial complex... plus the "shot-callers" = devilish. I'll end my rant there, i think i've drank too much.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WTFover

With respect, asmall89, the debtors have enslaved themselves. I was one of them. Not once, in all my years of borrowing money, was I forced to sign a loan agreement...

Yes, you were. You just didn't realize it. That's the beauty of the scheme.

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech
I have no argument or protest with the honest capitalist.

I have argument with the ppl who parked $32 trillion offshore.

Sir, or ma'am, "honest capitalism" is an oxymoron. It's just "capitalism", and what you just described IS capitalism. "They" just capitalized on stealing $32 trillion and "hiding" it from us. Good show! The next scheme will be bigger and better!.. World wide, I'm sure of it.

In essence, your argument is circular. ie- chasing the tail.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Dear comrades, the problems with our country are NOT rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass legislation creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing.

This will result in the value of the dollar is dropping faster than Wall Street traitor jumping out a window! The value of the dollar is directly proportional to the number of people who are greedy about it. Without a strong middle class the dollar will continue to collapse in value as it is concentrated in fewer and fewer hands.

Marx said laissez faire capitalism is always followed by communism because with capitalism unfettered greed would result in a government's currency collapse. Once the government's currency collapses, people in bread lines will demand MORE government not less. See you in the bread lines comrades!

But do not worry my comrades, I have good news! As soon as the Chinese Yuan is allowed to float freely against the dollar, ALL our CEO jobs will be outsourced. Then the sons and daughters of privilege will have to grovel at the feet of the communist Chinese. The Chinese have an N word for white people, "gwai lo". It's a pejorative term meaning white ghost. But do not worry my comrades, the gwai lo children of privilege will be groveling like dogs at the feet of their Chinese masters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join