It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One American's Rage Spills Over: Shut Your Mouth & Start Fighting These Political Parasites

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
(Article)
I was shocked today by the absolute gaul of the Fed releasing a statement about Net Worth in America reaching record levels. Now I get that they are under extreme pressure to sell the story that everything is rainbows and butterflies. The ugly reality is that the bottom 80% of Americans experienced none of that gain. And so when the Fed via its ass pamper boy, Steve Liesman, start banging on about the fact that some sliver of society is being handed extraordinary wealth while the working class has lost 40% of their net worth since 2007, well a big F### you right back at ya bub!...And for those of you that think I’m an ass for being so harsh on us, well stuff it. Get up off your stool you lazy drunk, shut your damn mouth and start fighting these political parasites like a damn man, like a damn American.

OK My ATS Peers, Now The Federal Reserve has come out with the glad tidings that the Net Worth of Americans has not only recovered from The 2008/9 Recession /Depression. But, has actually grown quite handsomely. Well, I was starting to get a bit worried that we were slowly sinking into a quagmire of Falling Wages and Unsustainable Debts (I guess I was Wrong according To Chairman Yellen).

So, what do you guys and gals think? Are we actually coming out of this downturn with A Lot More than we went into it with. Or, are we just getting more smoke blown up our collective you know whats?

Warning, there's a bit of Naughty Language in the link provided. So, those with tender eyes, just give it a miss. Anything you'd would like to add comment wise is Most Welcome and I will stick around to field anything you might want as far as additional Info is concerned. Thanks Again for looking and Peace
Arjunanda.
BTW, Some of the comments after this rant are precious

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”

-- Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda 1928
Warning: NSFW, for the weak of heart, look away...

Submitted by Thad Beversdorf via First Rebuttal blog,

www.zerohedge.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">http: //www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-13/one-americans-rage-spills-over-shut-your-mouth-start-fighting-these-political-parasi?page=1

edit on 14-3-2015 by arjunanda because: Syntax

edit on 14-3-2015 by arjunanda because: Punctuation

edit on 14-3-2015 by arjunanda because: Fix Link

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Very well said!

I love that you chose to quote that very paragraph from Bernays's book for it does a wonderful job capturing the sentiment of that book.

He understood a truth that the oligarchs have used throughout history and it is about time that people saw through the illusion that is created.

At first I thought the rant was from you!

Then I saw that the link was at the bottom of the page, however it is not working!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well I don't know if I have a firm grasp on this or not so I could be wrong but I don't know how strong the middle class is or if there is redefining of it? I mean to me unless you have "super job" doctor lawyer tech person (if you live in my city) there is almost no way you can be upper middle class. unless your maybe doing combo income. Do we consider someone who lives in an apartment playing rent middle class?? or are they poor??

I almost think it is these select jobs that are paying out the amount of money need to be middle class. not saying that there are less of these jobs but I am saying not everybody can or should do these jobs.
edit on 14-3-2015 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Okee Dokey Elementalgrove, I'll fix the linky
Arjunanda. a reply to: elementalgrove

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hi American Philosopher, Back a couple decades ago just being able to pay rent on an apartment and pay bills wasn't a Middle Class Life Style in any Way, Shape or Form, that was working class at best. It's just funny how we've been conditioned to believe that so much Less is More. That's the crux of The Rant! Good Reply and a Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: American-philosopher

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"Net worth" is measured in a subjective way. "Dollars" are a concept that, once printed on paper, give an illusion of being real. They aren't. And their value fluctuates.

The grossly devalued dollar is what is at play here. Sure, they may have 100 more dollars, but the intrinsic value of those dollars is more like 60-70 dollars.

Its all a shell game. Predicated on a subjective measurement of a made up unit. The dollar.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I can't believe they accepted COMPACT cars,and CHEAP ones at that.
I wouldn't BUY a new one BECAUSE I wouldn't FIT ,anyway.

LIFE in America is bad for most right now which IS the bottom line, survival isn't thriving.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Of course we're not. And I still think if anything comes of Putin's absence it will be that we find out that Putin has finalized all his plans for a new banking structure with BRICS + N. Korea since whatshisname was just in Russia before Putin's disappearance. They just got offered a seat on SWIFT, and China is in talks to make the Juan the world currency. I'm telling ya' go buy gold and silver y'all. If you can't beat em be smart enough to get in on the robber baron opportunities

One of the best speeches Evah' (said that like a teenage blonde girl lol no offense to teenage blonde girls) Almost gets me as hyped up as Rocky's 'flyin high now' run ding ding

edit on 14-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: vid wouldn't work :'(

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
"Net worth" is measured in a subjective way. "Dollars" are a concept that, once printed on paper, give an illusion of being real. They aren't. And their value fluctuates.

The grossly devalued dollar is what is at play here. Sure, they may have 100 more dollars, but the intrinsic value of those dollars is more like 60-70 dollars.

Its all a shell game. Predicated on a subjective measurement of a made up unit. The dollar.

Indeed, I also assume that mortgaged real estate (and other loan financed goods) is included in the figures. Heck, maybe they are even counting university educations as 'assets'.

edit on 14-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So, what do you guys and gals think?

They must be determining net worth according to how much we owe.
That's what I think.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yep, You are right on that BFFT, We may be nominally making more dollar wise than our parents did. But, with the debasing of the currency to getting to the point of Near Worthlessness. We can go out and work all the hours of the Day and Night and still be falling behind. END THE FED!!! Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hey Randyvs, you may be onto something here, as most people in the bottom 80 per cent actually do have a negative net worth. Good Reply and A Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: randyvs

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah Cavtrooper7, I wouldn't buy one of those plastic bumpered weirdly designed POS they call cars nowadays, I'll just stick with my '67 Mustang (Primer Red, her name's Molly) LOL
Arjunanda. a reply to: cavtrooper7

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yessir Greencmp, they count all sorts of things that should be on Credit Side of The Ledger as Assets, just like they count Medical Care as Productive Spending and Add it to GDP. Good Reply and A Star
Arjunanda. a reply to: greencmp

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So according to the deficit, how much does each american owe?
That's my net worth!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi Again Randyvs, Last time I had a look, I think they (whoever they are) calc'ed it out at about $146K for a family of four. That's of course depending on which figure you take as the true deficit numbers (that varies as well???). Thanks for your reply
Arjunanda. a reply to: randyvs

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is all a joke and has been for most of my adult life.

I personally am doing okay. Probably considered the upper part of working class. I can tell you that I have cheated the system to maintain my lifestyle by opting to not have children. I've never owned a credit card, or been owned by one depending on perspective. I do have a mortgage which I don't believe will ever be paid off. Point is I fully acknowledge that my entire situation is an illusion and always has been.

One day something will occur, it won't take very much, and my entire illusory world will poof away in the smoke cloud it always was. I see it happen to my friends, family, coworkers, neighbors. It is an inevitability. I just take comfort knowing I won't drag some hapless child along with me.

Things aren't getting better and never were. That is part of the delusional psychobabble that corporate America and government bombard us with continually. The same sect of losers that parrot the benefits of such mottos an "commitment to continual improvement". Funny thing is, as the world becomes a safer place for profit, it simultaneously becomes a more dangerous place for people.

I despise the pseudo-benevolence in all of it.

On a lighter note, good to see another classic Ford guy. My 71 Torino is becoming a rarer sight by the day. Keep them on the road, where they belong.

Boba

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Funny thing Bobaganoosh, My Car has A '71 Torino Tranny and Wheels, They Both work very nicely on her as well
Arjunanda. Oh and A Star For You
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Link didn't work…

Try this one

I disagree with the suggestion that wealth is being "stolen" from the average person. I submit it is being voluntarily surrendered. High interest credit card purchases, rent-to-own furniture and electronics, buying more house and vehicle than one needs or can comfortably afford, dining out, etc. are all net worth killers.

Americans spend around $70 billion each year on lottery and practically every penny is from low or moderate income people. They spend about $80 billion on cigarettes. Again, these are generally people in lower income families. For simplicity's sake, knowing the average smoker spends $3,000 per year, let's assume the same for lottery expenditures. If he/she invested that $6,000 for 20 years at a mere 2% compounded monthly, he/she would accrue $156,000.*********

Much of the inequality in net worth is due to poor spending and savings habits. The wealthy did not become wealthy overnight. It's the result of amassing wealth over time and managing it efficiently.

********** Edited. The original figure didn't sound right, so it's been corrected.

edit on 15-3-2015 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2015 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's an idea that makes my friend foam at the mouth and he's not even close to wealthy, and that is to place a cap on the amount of wealth a person can have. A few hundred million ought to do it, as most of us will never see that much money anyway. The rich are hoarding cash. And when they do that, that takes money out of the system that others can earn. Taxes are supposed to claw that money back for the little people to use, but the wealthy have found ways around that. The wealthy are nothing but hoarders, which is a clear psychological disorder, because they are accumulating wealth that they have no intention of ever letting go if they can help it because they have fear of being poor, basically.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join