It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Measure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ummm...this is where it gets personal...that crux moment when confronted by a Y in the path...That fly in amber desire to break free from the grip of entropy...The moment framed by the ultimate realization that none escape the reaper................none...

Full Measure

Lay this tired body down
Lay down this body lay
Smooth the creases from this frown
Darken out the day

Fold these roughly calloused hands
Place them on my chest
Brush those gray remaining strands
Clad me in my best

Life's full measure I have worn
And been worn in it's care
So in shedding I am shorn
I leave my shedding there

Know that I have lived in full
Fully living know
This body that you bury there
A phase I did outgrow

When you feel that sudden chill in the air turn your head quick to the right...you might just catch sight of the scythe descending...

YouSir
edit on 14-3-2015 by YouSir because: of a need to correctly portray...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm glad to see you're still posting your material. For some reason this offering brings to mind Victorian era post mortem photography.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

YouSir are a class act and a gifted poet. I have only read one or two of your works that I personally disliked, keep it up my good man, you got dem skillz homie.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good stuff as always! Yes, a gifted poet to be sure!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Ummm...thank you Ashirah...It's funny you would describe the theme as such...I read this poem to some people and one of them stated that it reminded him of an old Irish dirge...I think if you listen closely you can almost catch the faint sound of bagpipes across the moor...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Ummm...thank you Cagliostro...you are too generous with your praise...I wonder which poems those might be...and why you didn't care for them...I love to be critiqued on my work and only ask to promote conversation...Sometimes my styles of writing confront a person deep in the core of their being...which is of course the intent...Yet sometimes one can elicit emotions that others might not be ready to deal with at that time...

I would enjoy a conversation on what a negative impact of my writing might entail in another...I think that whatever art or talent one possesses...it is certainly honed by the considered reflection of the viewer...always room to improve...never fully satisfied with the creation...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...thank you night Star...I have often pondered on what such a gift might truly mean...

As I see...expressiveness or ability is something granted to some in an outward or extroverted attempt to portray or share thought or vision...While I say some...I truly believe that expression merely lies latent in persons who believe they have no such ability...Like a group of muscles unused to exercise...can focally be strengthened...so too I believe that creativity can be nurtured in all individuals...

If as you say such ability is a gift...given to the one expressing...then in my mind it raises a dilemma...
The proceeds of a gift should never be sold or wagered...they should be given freely...that they might find fertile soil in which to promote growth and evolution...

I've heard the arguments pro and con...I merely think that in order to change a paradigm...one must be willing to forgo enumeration and focus more closely on the thought that perhaps simple enjoyment might be payment enough...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

For some reason i never read the short stories here, but seeing your name i thought i'd have a look... beautifully crafted and expressed, thank you

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Ummm...thank you Skalla...I'm glad that you found us here...this is where I've been hanging out these past few...I figured it was time to share some of what it means to be...whomever I am...

I hope you were able to smooth over those antlers...I know that whatever project you have in mind for them is going to be wonderful indeed...

...I raise a glass for you...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

"Phineous J Woopie!? You're a Genious!" It is from an old cartoon ages ago. Dating Myself Iguess, huh? LOL That ok. I don't mind gettin old. It is just My body doing that, not My Mind!!! LOL!! Well except of course My memory is going to pot. I just don't want alzheimers to kick in fully. I don't know if I would want to live not being able to remember those Whom I Love! Man that will suck.................................

Great Job Here Man!! I like this a lot!!! Keep 'em Comin'!!!!!!

edit on 17-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Ummm...Thank you Syx...I used to watch those two penguins every Saturday as a kid...However...speak for yourself...I HATE this getting older crap...Talking about "Old Timers Disease"...I had some thoughts along those lines...thanks for the inspiration...I'm going to have to post my thoughts on that now...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

YouSir go for it! I'm glad I was an inspiration to You! Take it by the horns and show-em who's Boss!!

top topics

join