It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle And Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey people. This has probably been discussed many times before but i havente seen any about the Bermuda triangle and atlantis. Here is a great link to the bermuda triangle: www.crystalinks.com...
and atlantis: www.crystalinks.com...
The reason i made this one post is because people believe that the b- triangle is the location of atlantis and the crystals that the atlanteans used made such a huge buildup of energy (or something) that it can disintegrate ships and stuff. If anyone here has any experience (personal or not) with it or has any info plz post it here.

Moderators feel free to move this to a more appropriate section

[edit on 18-12-2004 by danxbox]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There is already a real theory on Bermuda Triangle that makes sense scientificly:
Sometimes, landslides by the Bermuda Triangle cause gas to be released, making the water lighter so it can't hold the ships up, so they sink. No idea about what happens to planes when they fly over it though...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain I saw a documentary on Discovery mentioning that, and it was said that the same gasses interfered with the combustion processes in the aircraft, causing the engines to fail.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
No idea about what happens to planes when they fly over it though...

Sometimes the bubbles of gas rise out of the water and hit planes flying overhead.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Isnt there also a lot of fresh water source going in under ground and creating bad bouyancy for boats thus sinking them

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The gas theory, has its up side and its down side, but it does explain a lot if it is true.
When methane is released in the ocean from a vent on a fault line or from the decomposition of dead creatures, cold water will cause it to percipitate in the form of methane calthrate hydrates, which is basically ice with a high methane content (about 160someodd liters of methane gas per 1 liter of solid methane calthrate hyrdrate.) It is theorized that up to 20 times the worlds known natural gas reserves are locked up in this form on the ocean floor- thats a lot of farts and obviously enough to affect bouyancy and engine performance if suddenly released.

The release of methane from this crystal structure in large volumes would explain much of what is often contained in a B-triangle story. The foam and mist, and oily apperance of the water would all result from increased methane content, and in severe cases a ship could capsize or even be swallowed by a large bubble of methane under these conditions. As the methane released into the air it hypothetically could thin out oxygen content enough to stall an engine and adversely affect humans (suffocate your poor butt into a stupor so that if you didn't die from lack of oxygen you would probably get badly lost or crash). Pretty adverse right?

Im not familiar with ocean temperatures, so I can't tell you how likely it would be for these deposits to become unstable. They are stable up to 18 degrees celsius- 64 degrees ferentheit. It is believed that largescale releases of methane (greenhouse gas) in the past could have triggered warming and mass extinction in the past.

Additionally, you have to consider that high traffic means higher losses, so a busy shipping lane like such as that which runs through the triangle is bound to attract some attention for losing vessels.

There are storms and hurricanes in that region obviously. Before we had complex weather monitoring technology it was possible to lose a ship to an offshore storm and never know what had happened to the ship. That could be the case with early disappearances.

Yet another minor contributing factor could be piracy. In places such as Indonesia and around certain poor nations in the Caribbean, piracy still does occur. From time to time it would not be unthinkable for an ambitious band of Cubans to head a little North and make some American's yacht disappear.

Finally, and a bit stranger- I have read, although I can not find much about it online- that there is a place called Mt. Magnet in Australia, exactly opposite the triangle on the globe. Compasses are supposed to spin at mount magnet, and some are said to theorize that it was once the magnetic south pole.

The sum of all these factors creates a slightly above average loss rate for ships which becomes a legend with enough media attention, which breeds a million exagerations and fraudulent stories. How many of us have ever heard a B-triangle story that didn't originate with a book written for profit or a tabloid story?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Have seen that Discovery showing of Bermuda gas. It is rather interesting, but something bothers me...

That's ALOT of gas being released.

Between all the ships and planes that have disappeared, how much gas do you think had been released into the atmosphere?

And, just like with little green men wearing Cthulhu for President shirts, there aren't any witnesses to seeing this event. It would be great to get this occurance on video.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes. But no one knows when it would happen. Did anyone watch the one where they sank the boat by pumping air into the sea near a beach, or did all of you watch a different one to me?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Yes. But no one knows when it would happen. Did anyone watch the one where they sank the boat by pumping air into the sea near a beach, or did all of you watch a different one to me?

I think the same one, it was interesting that if the bubble they release hit the stern it had a great chance not to sink. If the bubble of great size hit the bow, then kiss it good-bye as it takes on water and sinks.
I thought the program was a good view to consider a good possiblity why we had planes stop running in the air by gas filitering into the engine, and how a size of the gas bubble would be able to sink a ship. But it makes one wonder tho how big does most of these bubble get?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've also heard that the square mileage of the Bermuda Triangle compared to almost any other square mileage in heavy shipping areas- the lost ship count and the lost airplane count is almost the same. The Bermuda Triangle covers a massive area and its just a matter of coincidence that people choose the "Bermuda Traingle" to make speculations about.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeHead
I've also heard that the square mileage of the Bermuda Triangle compared to almost any other square mileage in heavy shipping areas- the lost ship count and the lost airplane count is almost the same. The Bermuda Triangle covers a massive area and its just a matter of coincidence that people choose the "Bermuda Traingle" to make speculations about.

I've heard the exact same thing. In fact I remember seeing a show about the Bermuda Triangle in which they choose an area simmilar in size and traffic and came up with pretty close to the same number of lost ships and planes. I wish I could remember what the show was but it was a good while ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Finally, and a bit stranger- I have read, although I can not find much about it online- that there is a place called Mt. Magnet in Australia, exactly opposite the triangle on the globe. Compasses are supposed to spin at mount magnet, and some are said to theorize that it was once the magnetic south pole.

There are actually SIX such triangles around the globe...commonly the magnetic properties are linked by paranormalists to the concept of "ley lines"...

Forget the Atlantis/crystal nonsense though. There is nothing in Plato's writings (the only nonfiction on Atlantis) indicating crystals, high technology, etc. despite the beliefs of many. If in doubt, do a search for "The Dialogue of Critius" and read his text yourself....

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is a very good book called "The Bermuda Triangle" by Charles Berlitz on the subject, he has also written books on Atlantis and ancient civilizations. In the book he explores the possibility of time-warps, aliens, but his predominate theory concerns Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm confused. Can someone explain how the Gas bubble theory fit in with the missing airplanes with no wreckage found?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Why don't they drop a camera deep in the bermuda triangle to see if there is something?

I know we don't have camera that can go in the deepest level possible, but we could still learn interesting things by doing that.

THat would be great.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
While it may be true that many dismiss the Bermuda Triangle, isn't it true that airlines avoid that area? I'm serious...I think I've heard that.

And the Devil's Triangle, over by Japan, is a national danger zone or something there, and no ships go in it and no planes fly over it.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
YOu know what it is? i know the secret! IT A BUNCH OF BS MAN! come on is there any proof that that stuff exists?????? also like i said before there is the same amount of ships gone from that area compared to any other area with the same square miles of water. Its turned into a "haunted house"-houses cant be haunted- thats proven- and so even though the houses arent haunted people still avoid dark-looking spider-weebed houses. Its sort of the same thing when you deal with the Bermuda Triangle.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeHead
YOu know what it is? i know the secret! IT A BUNCH OF BS MAN! come on is there any proof that that stuff exists?????? also like i said before there is the same amount of ships gone from that area compared to any other area with the same square miles of water. Its turned into a "haunted house"-houses cant be haunted- thats proven- and so even though the houses arent haunted people still avoid dark-looking spider-weebed houses. Its sort of the same thing when you deal with the Bermuda Triangle.

True...but there's just too much evidence for us to dismiss it as BS!
And Creepy lookin houses still scare the crap outa me. HOW DO YOU KNOW there's no boogiefolks in every creepy house eh?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nexus

When the ground benieth the surface of the water becomes unstable, usually through seizmic activity, landslide, quakes etc, the calthrates containing the methane rush to the surface at speed. When they break through the surface, they rise with amazing speed, but, because of the water content making the droplets heavier, they then fall back to earth instaed of rising into the atmosphere. To a plane, or rather pilot, this will appear as heavy fog, when it is infact, water droplets containing methane. The jet engines would spark the droplets, in much the same way that the calthrates burn as ice. It would ignite the methane causing a mid-air explosion that would blow the plane to bits, hense it going down over the site, never to be seen again. I hope this helps in your theories to cracking the code of the Bermuda Triangle........ J.Bartlett....Lichfield.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It would seem that Atlantis is mentioned a few times before Plato, his grandfather told him about it, it seems it was a 'fairy tale' back then aswell, Herodotus, the father of western history, wrote this:

Greek text from the "History" of Herodotus which mentions Atlantis

"But one of the mouths of the Araxes flows with clarity into the Caspian Sea; but the Caspian Sea is by itself, not connected to the other sea. For the sea navigated by all the Greeks and the one outside the Pillars called the Atlantis Sea and the Erythraean, are one and the same."

(Translated by R. Cedric Leonard)

Seems he was talking about it before Plato was even alive, few more examples given here, interesting thought, this enigma may have been going on for alot longer than originally thought.

www.atlantisquest.com...

thanks. EMM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join