posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
Ok let's see if I can get some images in this post.
This was my first learning project. It was before I learned how to get the proper gauge. As a result, it's really, really tight and more like a
stunted lap blanket or small baby blanket than the full-sized one it's supposed to be.
This is my "ugli" blanket. It's all size 5 chunky weight yarn, and I used all those yarns that I wanted to see what it would look like if you
actually put them in a project. So it's a hodge podge. But, it's heavy and darn warm, and it makes a great play blanket to chuck on the floor for
extra insulation in the winter.
We call this one the "Man Flower." My husband chose the color pallet, and it's supposed to be his. It's the lightest weight one we have at
present, and he likes the sort of oddball geometry.
This is a stroller blanket I made for my son when he was a little baby. I also made one from the same pattern for my sister. It's the perfect size
for a carrier or stroller to just tuck in, and it worked up really fast. I used remnants I had except for the blue which I bought. The downside is
that no matter how I tried to block it, it always lays sort of weird.
This is the full-sized baby blanket I made for my son. Obviously, I am not a big fan of the idea that all baby blankets must be pastel.
And this is what I have completed on his "Blanket of Many Colors" also called the "Technicolor Dream Blanket." I've been stalled out on it for a
while and need to get back in the groove.