It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Methane is Responsible for the Loud Booms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is the 2nd chapter having to do with sky noise. This time I examine the loud boom phenomenon. Here is the link to the first part, chapter 17 on strange sky noise which should definitely be read before you read this chapter. Also, at the beginning of the link below, you'll find the links to the first 16 chapters of my book, Fever Rising, which I'm publishing free to the ATS community here in a series of threads.

When the Trumpets Sounded

Chapter 18: Welcome to the Boom Town

The amount of loud explosive boom sounds reported around the world is baffling. It’s literally become a daily norm! The sources could be many or it could be one, but a lot of different possibilities have been tossed around including super sonic military flights, seismic activity, under ground bunker digging and fireball explosions. Some of the more ridiculous explanations include fireworks or ice quakes (despite the fact that these booms rattle homes all summer long.)

One of the most plausible theories comes from the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis and is rarely talked about. Methane and hydrogen sulfide gas plumes floating through the air or drifting along the surface come across an ignition source and BOOM!

A great website for tracking the boom reports is Earthfiles.com. The boom sound reports have been increasing for the past six years, not long after the methane levels began rising again in 2007. For that reason, I believe that it is most likely that one source is the result of a high percentage of these strange booms, but yet, a couple of other sources are also likely. I believe that gas explosions are occurring at the most frequency, but we can’t discount meteor explosions above our heads or seismic activity, both of which according to this theory I’ve presented are also the result of more methane gas in the atmosphere. I’ve already discussed the relationship with earthquakes and volcanoes as well as the relationship with fireballs in previous chapters.

These three sources are most likely the cause of the booms being heard around the world. Some of the booms are heard prior to or right along with an earthquake. This is because of a ground-to-air acoustic transmission from shallow earthquakes. These booms can sometimes be linked to seismic activity that is usually too small to feel. Many of these booms are being reported along the New Madrid fault line throughout Midwestern America and in Oklahoma where there has been thousands of new earthquakes due to hydraulic fracturing.

Here is a message I received from a fellow conspiracy theorist who wanted to share her experiences with loud booms that are most likely attributed to seismic activity.

I wonder what this is as well. Here in Colorado, south of Denver and north of CO Springs, I've had this happen quite a few times over the past 1 1/2 years. Just lately, about 2-3 weeks ago, it woke up both me and my daughter at the same time and we were sleeping on two different floors, her downstairs and me upstairs. I mean, it jolted me from my sleep, the whole bed was shaking, and continued to shake/vibrate even after waking. My daughter asked me the next morning, "So what size do you think that earthquake was?" I checked USGS and nothing. I looked at the helicorder displays for the station closest to where I am and saw a small quake, but I mean small. I reported it to USGS anyway.

The first time this happened was when we had the 5-something in Colorado in August of 2011. The morning after the quake (the quake was at 11pm, I think), I woke at 5 am to the bed shaking and hearing booms. My first instinct was that someone had broken into the house because I swear I heard a sound like the basement door slamming shut with a big BOOM. Sent my husband searching for the burglar and he found nothing, except things in the basement had fallen off of shelves (records) and our garbage cans had rolled across the garage. I attribute this to the actual quake 6 hours previous. However, a week or two later at about 7 or 8 pm at night (if I remember correctly), my dog started crying and going in circles, the way dogs do before they lie down. She then peed twice in the guest bedroom, something she'd never done before. About 10 minutes later, there was a huge boom like a cannon was shot off and every car parked on the street had its alarm going off. The boom was followed by shaking and shook all of the glass jars in our pantry and you could hear them banging against each other. I checked the USGS, thinking it was another quake, a bigger quake, but nothing. I emailed them and I was told that there was a 1 or 2-something quake, south of the original bigger one, and I must've felt that. Sure enough, at that time, one was posted. However, it was 180+ miles to the south of me, so how that was possible, I call BS.

My point? We have heard and felt booms and shaking, vibrating beds, vibrating pantry, no quakes ever posted. Something is going on not normal to us, otherwise, we would have experienced this before. I'm not saying it's not normal or natural, just that it's not normal for us to hear and experience these "non-quakes". What are they? Why aren't they even picked up on the helicorder displays? I'm with you on this one, as I would LOVE some answers!!

As I said, this is probably related to seismic activity, but yet mysteriously. Here’s why. She said that there aren’t any reports on USGS and the last one she reports was 180 miles south of her. Here’s what may be happening in this case. It’s seismic but, as mentioned before, the quakes are too small to be felt, yet in this case she’s feeling them and definitely hearing them. I believe that as the ground is fracturing in these events, under ground gas is exploding out of the fissures and into the atmosphere. The gas that ruptures doesn’t have to be 180 miles south at the epicenter of the small quake. The fissure could have been a few miles away but close enough to cause some major noise and shaking.

Many of the boom witnesses report seeing flashes of light just before hearing the boom. These booms are the ones that can be attributed to either the gas explosions or fireball explosions. It’s hard to tell which one simply for the fact that both, gas explosions and fireballs have increased so much in the past few years.

I mentioned in the last chapter that I believed the escalating levels of gas in the air have helped to create a sort of density amplification and that’s why the strange sky noises are heard so loudly and across such wide areas. This idea holds up for the sonic boom reports as well. I believe that the gas in the atmosphere is also making these booms seem much louder than they ever used to be. For example, some of the home explosions and chemical plant explosions (to be discussed in a later chapter) that have occurred lately are heard up to 20 or even 30 miles away. One such explosion occurred in Indianapolis that leveled two homes in a neighborhood. Authorities blamed this on a leaky gas stove, yet, the explosion was heard over 20 miles away. Homes were rattled several miles away. All of this by a leaky gas stove, yeah, right.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This density amplification may have also been responsible for the loudness of the reports in the Colorado story above. It may also be responsible for this story of unexplained explosions in Alaska. The witnesses in the story report a series of booms along with a low persistent rumble, which is also another strange phenomenon that accompanies many boom reports. This may be another example of more under ground gas explosions, but instead of just one, there may have been several successive explosions that also caused the rumbling noise to continue carrying the sound through the dense gases in the atmosphere. Once again, the sounds may have been amplified. There have been countless times that witnesses reported a long rumble right after or right before the boom. The rumble has also been associated with the strange sky trumpets. Here is the story out of Alaska about a boom noise heard by many residents.

Southcentral Authorities Silent on Cause of Booming Noise
Channel 2 News, January 4, 2013
By Chris Klint
Southcentral Alaska authorities didn’t have any immediate cause for a loud booming noise heard Thursday night and reported by Channel 2 viewers, but seemed to rule out sonic booms from aircraft in responses Friday.

Reports of the sounds were posted on Channel 2’s Facebook page Thursday evening by people ranging from Eagle River to the Mat-Su Valley. Some reports placed the phenomenon between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Thursday, with Channel 2's Late Edition airing a brief update on the reports. Viewers' descriptions of the sound varied, but those who heard it generally agreed that it was a strong and persistent noise.

“I live in Peters Creek and I heard several loud noises outside and then muted the television,” Channel 2 viewer Rachel Lee wrote. “After about a minute of silence, there was a rumble and my chandelier started to shake. I thought it might have been an earthquake but I looked online and there weren't any listed at that time; it was 8:05 p.m.”

“About the only thing I can compare it to is someone going down a dirt road really fast,” viewer Deb Spaulding wrote. “(I)t was that sort of rumble.”

“I was in the garage and I heard it. It (lasted) for a while,” wrote viewer Michelle Thomas Hanks. “At first I thought it was the wind until I stepped outside… My (neighbor’s kids) looked for what was making that loud noise and they could not see anything just kept hearing the loud noise.”

The Alaska Volcano Observatory had no reports of the noise and said they ruled out volcanic activity for the cause. The West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center said there was a magnitude 4.6 quake on December 24, about 40 miles northwest of Valdez. That couldn’t have been the cause.

The nearby Air Force base ruled out supersonic booms because they weren’t flying any of their capable jets. The National Weather Service said they didn’t have any thing but a few showers in the area, nothing that would cause the boom.

Another situation that seems more common among sonic boom reports is the timing. Many of the reports seem to happen in the early morning hours prior to sunrise. The Clintonville Booms happened at the same time for four nights in a row and that was between the hours of 3:00 and 4:00 am. I asked Jonny Mnemonic what he thought about the booms happening in Clintonville at the same time every night. Here was his response.

Post by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Dangerous Gas may be the cause of super-charged, mass die-offs, quakes and more
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yep, that caught my eye with the Clintonville booms too. I never believed their explanation on those. But that's when I started doing some atmosphere research and came to the conclusion that the atmosphere rhythmically pulses in height, thus squeezing the atmosphere - and whatever is in it - through a smaller 'channel' in those wee hours. So I always try to look at the timing of these events now. I think night-time is the worst time, for everything. Most of the people dying die during the night, many of the explosions and fires happen during the night, often in the wee hours. Also, once sunlight hits stuff, it heats up, and heat rises, which probably helps push any gases floating around upward, away from us. That effect probably even lasts for a while after sunset, but once things cool down, in the wee hours...

India is another country that has its own share of strange booms. They also have a lot of seismic activity, but in this series of boom reports nothing registered on the Richter scale. Mild recurrent tremors were felt in several regions of the country. They were blamed on a granite quarry not to far away, but the booms occurred four times in a month and each time was after 4 am but before 6 am. The tremor was responsible for a crack in a wall in one house.

Jonny attributes the atmospheric tightening to these booms.

Post by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
I'm more suspicious about this one, because of the time they are happening, in the very wee hours, shortly before sunrise. First of all, do they even work in the quarry at that hour? But secondly, a lot of the fires and explosions seem to happen in the wee hours. I think that is because the atmosphere is not the same depth at all hours. It will contract when cooler, expand when warmer. So at that hour, it will have been shrunk as far as it gets, which means any gas up above will potentially be pushed down lower to the ground at that time, then the sun hits, the atmosphere starts to expand again, and that effect lessens. So booms that occur regularly in the wee hours like that, that makes me suspicious about what's going on. That would also be a good time for governments to PURPOSELY detonate plumes (to protect us, even if they aren't telling us what's up), when everyone is asleep.

In January of 2013, another American city had a similar experience to Clintonville. For several nights, late as usual, mysterious loud booms rattled Evansville, IN awakening residents. The boom shook houses and rattled windows and it occurred regularly late at night for several nights in a row.

Authorities attempted to investigate and everything was ruled out. A mining company nearby said their permit didn’t allow bombing after dark. Power companies said it wasn’t any transformers blowing up. The police said there weren’t any meth houses exploding. The military said “it wasn’t us” as far as sonic booms. The booms remain a mystery, just as the Clintonville booms do, despite authorities claiming a 1.1 earthquake on the first night was responsible for their booms that repeated over the next few nights.

Twitter and Facebook blew up about the Evansville booms and authorities admitted they were just as baffled as the residents. They followed along with all the social media responses and eventually, this mystery faded away as the others.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is Jonny Mnemonics response on the Evansville booms.

Post by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
All those booms, I'm sure, are gas plumes detonating. I mean, explosions are combustion, and combustion is a chemical reaction, which means...chemicals. Explosions don't 'just happen', they require something TO explode. And sometimes the booms will come with a 'chemical smell', though I doubt everyone would describe it the same way as everyone else, because we're not used to smelling this crap (else we'd be dead), and some gas plumes will be more methane than hydrogen sulfide and some the reverse, and hydrogen sulfide can paralyze the olfactory sense, so you lose ability to smell it. The closer the explosion is to the ground, the fewer people will see a flash of light too, for the obvious reason, but the greater the potential damage will be if they explode inside a town or neighborhood.

Sh#t is gettin' scary, man! I'm trying to stay calm on the blog though...but that's not always easy. I guess I can get my freak on over here! Heh.

BTW, with the current rate of escalation, I definitely predict martial law this year sometime. In fact, in times of a national emergency, it's possible that martial law could be instated, and many industries nationalized, and yet nobody is TOLD that that has happened. There's no requirement that people be told. I'd bet that the Constitution has already been suspended, and we're RIGHT NOW under martial law, and probably have been for quite some time, but the common man hasn't been told. That way, they can control media, search engines, manufacturing, banks, insurance companies, etc, to keep up a semblance of normality for as long as possible. And I suppose I can't argue with all that: we actually ARE at war, the biggest war in all of human history, a war for our very survival. I just don't like the lying-about-it part of things.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oops, double post

edit on 14-3-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Do you think an explosion in the atmosphere could take out a plane instantly - what sort of potential burn temperature is there and how much wreckage would be left from such a fireball to find?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Do you think an explosion in the atmosphere could take out a plane instantly - what sort of potential burn temperature is there and how much wreckage would be left from such a fireball to find?

Great question. Yes, I think it's possible that the plane itself could be the ignition source. Lots of copper and other things that react with these gases.

I have another thought though about plane disappearances that may have to do with this entire theory. When we find no wreckage, it could be that a large methane explosion occurred from the bottom of the sea, and may have caused a massive sinkhole. Any gas that explodes out of the water into the atmosphere may bring down a plane. The massive sinkhole would act as a major whirlpool in the ocean until the cavity is filled, so if a plane came down, any wreckage would be sucked into the whirlpool, like a bathroom drain, and hence...you have a mysterious disappearance. This could be the case for missing boats as well.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

on a similar vein the methane pyrite plumes are another possible cause of sudden ship sinking due to the bubbles destabilising any ship they encounter.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: Rezlooper

on a similar vein the methane pyrite plumes are another possible cause of sudden ship sinking due to the bubbles destabilising any ship they encounter.

Yep, agreed. Doesn't have to a massive explosion creating a sinkhole. Bubbles alone could destabilize a boat.

new topics

top topics

join