It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the best alternative and safe email servers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hello there, I want to create a new email address and am looking for safe alternatives to the mainstream microsoft google or yahoo email services.
I am tired of these security messages asking me for my phone number on gmail and hotmail, and also of all the spam i keep receiving.
Any alternative recommendations, where I dont have to provide phone numbers or other personal info?
Thanks
peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Have a look at GMX.COM. My brother uses is and likes it.

If it's security you're concerned with, though, the only accurate answer is to not use email. There is no such thing as security or privacy on the Internet. Forget it. As a computer/IT consultant, I've been telling people that for years.

If you just want something that is fairly easy to use and won't be bugging you with requests for extra information, GMX may do it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

cool, thanks, I'll have a look into that.
I know privacy is something you relinquish online, I use a VPN (if that even works), I might be a bit paranoid!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yep- no such thing as secure email.

I work for an email hosting provider- if you send information via email (or text, or in IRC, or on a forum, etc, etc, etc) you might as well print it in size 18 font and drop it off at the front desk of the NSA. And every other agency. Of every country.

edit:
on that note, I just moved my personal email again, too. I wound up hosting it with a company called "xmission"- costs me a few bucks a month, though.
edit on 14-3-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I use GMX.C0M it has served me well enough.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I used to try and do job applications through GMail, but what would happen was that if even if I applied directly to the company, my application was immediately trailed by a half dozen other recruitment agencies trying to apply me to the very same job who also had search engine agents set up.

Even trying to apply directly to job adverts in Europe from France, I see that the internet route (via traceroute) from our IP address in France to somewhere like Germany goes through London via third party companies (eg. Cogento, Oneandone.net)

I would be very interested in any mail service that lets me download my email directly via SMTP/POP3 than having to use "webmail".

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
No such thing as internet security. Its been that way for many years now. And no matter how many responders to your thread here with suggestions as to email?

I assure you they to have been compromised long ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
yea, email is sorta funky thing, its something thats required, but its basically untrusted. i got tired of a lot of things about email. i have a more public email acct thats my yahoo acct and I use ssl/imap and ssl/smtp and use GPG with it.

but i guess it depends on your needs and use case and how much you want to spend.

-GhostINshell

top topics

join