It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SlenderMan Murderer Teens to be tried as ADULTS and face up to 65 years in prison!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The first thing that came to mind for me, was the James Bulger case.

Like most posters the comments from one of the girls does not make me think of a poor lost soul - it sounded detached and lacking in empathy. The planning of the murder is the most frightening thing - calculated and sinister.

It shouldn't have to be one or the other - this shouldn't be about whether they are tried as minors or adults. It should be about what is best for society. If the girls are considered fit to be released when they reach the "age of majority" then so be it but would they be released no matter what? If that was the case then try them as adults. Protect society and release them when it is deemed correct to do so. Rehabilitation has to be a priority but if this isn't possible they cannot be released.

After reading up on it, it seems that Morgan had disembodied barbies in her bedroom and had a real obsession with this Slenderman fella. I think we can all agree that she isn't right in the head.
edit on 1432015 by Scallywwagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

Fair comments and well made

In terms of 'best for society,' it's possible we're all at odds due to where we live and what the cultural values might be. For me, it's not good for a society to be locking away children for decades - there will be exceptions. A lot of US members take the view that locking away children (killers etc) is good for their society and the justice system reflects that view - cultural?

The girls sound fairly broken as humans go and maybe custody is the best place for them? We'll see. The wider issue, in my opinion, is how respective societies choose to address the problem of broken children. How the US Courts deal with these girls will highlight the good and the bad in the procedures.

Incidentally, I wonder how the victim's rehabilitation has gone? Let's hope the damage is minimal...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scallywwagg

Like most posters the comments from one of the girls does not make me think of a poor lost soul - it sounded detached and lacking in empathy. The planning of the murder is the most frightening thing - calculated and sinister.

I suppose the fact that age inappropriate films can be viewed and watched

on TV may have a lot to do with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
for all the facade of civilization that the US ikes to pretend it can hide behind, this kind of stuff just exposes the barbarism that our culture seems to thrive on.

its not like the list is short. Americans like their pound of flesh more than the Romans liked their loaf of bread.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I would have to agree. Access to the internet - which is obviously where their ideas about Slenderman came from, as well as TV and games.

Have we become desensitised to violence?

Having said that, there are many kids who have the same access and wouldn't dream of doing anything resembling what these girls did. Parenting surely has to play a part too?

On another note, do these girls simply have mental illnesses? Perhaps compounded by access to inappropriate materials? Or was that simply part of their defense team strategy?

Whatever the case, a horrible tragedy that's impacted and/or destroyed a good number of lives not least the life of the victim and her family. Kandinsky reminded me not to forget the victim in all this.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Im not sure I agree...

'People who trust you become very gullible,' Morgan told police.

'And it was sort of sad.'

That sounds pretty calculated to me........

Thats an awfully intelligent thing for a 12 or 13 year old to asses , armed with that knowledge she carried out a heinous crime.....

A lot of serial killers use the same method.......if you ask me thats pretty accurate adult thinking to use that method to attempt kill another little girl....
edit on 3/14/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Yeah....something about this is so uber creepy.

Was there no indication for anyone to know she was this fsr gone? As the mom of a 12 year old this case just trips me out so badly.

Eta..hadn't read that bit about the barbies...jeepers! I wonder what her parents thought of that? What would a parent do if confronted with that?

edit on 3/14/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scallywwagg
I would have to agree. Access to the internet - which is obviously where their ideas about Slenderman came from, as well as TV and games.

Having said that, there are many kids who have the same access and wouldn't dream of doing anything resembling what these girls did. Parenting surely has to play a part too?

I 100% agree with you there ...

However I do think there are many people who have addictive personalities.

or not enough 'self control'...

Comes back to the old adage ... Nature or Nurture?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I imagine most reading this thread went to a high school of some sort. Can you remember how far in the future it seemed you'd be leaving school when you were in the first year? Can you imagine how long life in prison seems to a person of a similar age? Does it seem right placing such hopeless prospects in the minds of such young people, whatever it is they've done? Writing off someone's life before they've even reached school leaving age doesn't seem very civilised.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
I imagine most reading this thread went to a high school of some sort. Can you remember how far in the future it seemed you'd be leaving school when you were in the first year? Can you imagine how long life in prison seems to a person of a similar age? Does it seem right placing such hopeless prospects in the minds of such young people, whatever it is they've done? Writing off someone's life before they've even reached school leaving age doesn't seem very civilised.

How about planning, stabbing someone 18 times and then leaving that person to die, is that civilized?

It never fails to amaze me how a certain element of ATS are so unwilling to hold criminals accountable. A wee they are just poor misunderstood girls that made a mistake, too young to understand consequences.

Total BS when you make the choice to stab someone 1 time their should be consequences and given the callous brutality of this case those consequences should be magnified.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
No, it isn't civilised, but we don't have our standards dictated to us by the worst actions of the members of our communities. These children need treatment, not public outrage that children so young could commit such a crime. That doesn't help do anything but feed the revenge desires of the more knee-jerk characters among our numbers.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

It never fails to amaze me how a certain element of ATS are so unwilling to hold criminals accountable. A wee they are just poor misunderstood girls that made a mistake, too young to understand consequences.

Total BS when you make the choice to stab someone 1 time their should be consequences and given the callous brutality of this case those consequences should be magnified.

My opinion on this is that the *new style* of modern parenting of non

punishment for bad and anti social behaviour leads to children growing

up with the idea that anti social actions don't have any repercussions!

They are not brought up to realise that all behaviour has good or

bad consequences.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They deserve everything they get.

I'm sorry, but at 12/13 i knew it was wrong to stab someone, and i knew i'd go to jail for a long time.

A mistake is cheating on a test or putting too much salt on your dinner - Stabbing someone 19 times isn't.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
12 year olds cannot be tried as adults. NOW, there is NO EXCEPTION AND ITS THE LEGAL PLATFORM, SO WHY DO THESE CRIMINALS ALWAYS MAKE EXCEPTIONS WHEN ITS ILLEGAL.

So the parents of said children must take this whole thing to court and have the rogue agents removed from positions of power and arrested.

Otherwise I'd take the kids out of country.

I've had enough of their abuse of children. Yes, they're insane twerps and did something really bad, but they're kids. And you don't do this to kids. You counsel and heal them and protect them from dangerous ROGUE ADULT AGENTS FOR NWO LIKE THESE LAWYERS AND JUDGE.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Not to mention, IF they got the full 65 years, it's essentially the death penalty, without saying the death penalty.

Well, the Victim has been "sentenced" to a virtual Death Penalty. It will be a miracle if the Victim can lead any kind of a normal life after this kind of trauma (include in that group her parents, family, close friends, the parents of the attempted murderers - the list of those affected is endless.) How will the Victim ever be able to trust anyone again?

I am not trying to discount the empathy and compassion you have for the two girls that committed this evil. I bet you are a very good, caring person. It is natural for us humans to try and fix things, but, I don't see any fixing these two. We have no frame of reference for "fixing" this.

Why do we all love kids so much - because for the most part they are innocent and pure. The two would be killers, not so much - if they were ever innocent and/or pure.

No, I am sure a lifetime in jail is not the answer, but life in a Psych hospital/facility? Studied like a lab rat? ALL THE THERAPY in the World won't solve the problems these two have...
I admit I am clueless for an answer, as I feel are most of us.

Maybe an Exorcist - just (half) kidding.

Thanks OP for a very thought provoking thread!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

The victim is a victim for sure, but these are still kids, not even teens at 12. Sorry man grow up. All children need to be helped to wellness, they're not adults. And emotions and playing on public outrage to change rules arbitrarily is ROGUE AND EVIL, they're satanists who want to harm and sacrifice children to the prison system.

I would personally want to see them broken out of prison and out of the country before seeing this crime and anyone anywhere that is so immature that thinks its ok to do this, don't even want that level of mentality on the same planet. Because that is not human. No adult thinks that way about children unless they are very immature in their understanding of children.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
12 year olds cannot be tried as adults. NOW, there is NO EXCEPTION AND ITS THE LEGAL PLATFORM, SO WHY DO THESE CRIMINALS ALWAYS MAKE EXCEPTIONS WHEN ITS ILLEGAL.

So the parents of said children must take this whole thing to court and have the rogue agents removed from positions of power and arrested.

Otherwise I'd take the kids out of country.

I've had enough of their abuse of children. Yes, they're insane twerps and did something really bad, but they're kids. And you don't do this to kids. You counsel and heal them and protect them from dangerous ROGUE ADULT AGENTS FOR NWO LIKE THESE LAWYERS AND JUDGE.

I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with just about everything you've said.

So let me get this right - You don't think these kids should be charged with murder and tried as adults? You think we should just put an arm round them and tell them not to worry about what they've done and let them rebuild their lives whilst their victim has no life?

I'm sorry but even at 10/11 you know its wrong to kill someone. Too often courts allow young people to get away with murder - No pun intended.

"They're just insane twerps who did something really bad, but they're kids" - Oh well, ok then - I'll encourage my kids to kill someone before they hit 16, so they can get away with it. What an absolutely ridiculous attitude to have towards life.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
By the way, these kinds of crimes, at the hands of children who are seriously, though temporally we can hope, in most cases they outgrow this with intervention at least, insane and fixated on satanic media or things, is 100%, underscored to infinity and beyond Society's and Adults fault.

1. Either those parents are practicing ritual dark occult satanists. But those groups are propped up by the paramilitary and shadow government and elites so it still wouldn't be the parents fault, as they would be insane kids themselves inside, probably long term generational abuse victims who are now full fledge sociopaths. Everyone who is massively abused by the elites ritual system, is judged as sane in their childhood. That moment when they were screaming for help inside, then suddenly they become sociopathic, that division line. They're judged on the screaming for help portion. Because if a child becomes a sociopath, alot of adults are responsible.

2. OR, its the media and some bad negligent parenting. But the media is put out be the same group Elite Satanic freaks as in point 1.

And many people call out to others to wake up and be responsible, see things. And thus form committees and end this reign of terror on this planet with unity.

In this case, society along with the elites, take responsibility, and its their refusal to be responsible awake and empowered citizens that even allows these cases to occur.

But the kids aren't guilty, they're kids.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
In what mad world is it right to try a 12 and a 13 year old as adults. Adults are adults and kids are kids. At this age they make mistakes. This is of course a huge one!

It is just so stupid. These two need help and lots of it. Not lock them away for the rest of their lives.

Where oh where has the Justice gone!

Just how?

P

in a world where they stab some people and leave others for dead! am i the only one that read the article?

do you want these lunatics roaming your neighborhood where your kids play?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
But the kids aren't guilty, they're kids.

This is one of the biggest problems with society at the moment - Kids aren't held accountable for their actions.

You can't just go round killing people and getting away with it. It's madness.

These aren't kids - Children don't stab someone 19 times. These are horrendous little creatures that don't deserve a life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join