It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #41: The 47 So-Called "Traitors," And Their Letter to Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

You can watch it in HD (or not) at wwwTheNLBS.com which has nothing to do with Youtube.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If those 47 people are guilty of treason via the Logan Act, and that's a big IF, then by all means prosecute them. But remember, treason is a capital crime. What does that mean?????? It means there is no statute of limitations on treason. So arrest EVERYONE who violated the Logan Act, thereby committing treason. This means charge, arrest and prosecute ALL the other traitors such as Nancy Pelosi, Jimmy Carter, Billy Graham, and anyone else guilty of this horrendous crime. Otherwise, shut your damn mouth. There is NO ROOM FOR DOUBLE STANDARDS WHEN IT COMES TO TREASON! That's just my two 'sense' worth!!!

USC 18 Section 2381 - Treason Defined

CITE 18 USC Sec. 2381

EXPCITE TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I - CRIMES

CHAPTER 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

TEXT Sec. 2381. Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

SOURCE (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Sept. 13, 1994, Pub. L.

103-322, title XXXIII, Sec. 330016(2)(J), 108 Stat. 2148.)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Pretty much exactly what the video says... Did you watch it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Another great episode!

I hadn't even heard of the Logan Act when this story broke, and as I read it, I thought it had been violated by these lame-brain senators. But then I read more about the history of people who had done virtually the same thing and saw that the Logan Act hadn't been enforced MANY times... No reason to start enforcing it now.

I didn't know about the translation letter either! OMG! Sadly, many Americans have a history of thinking all foreigners are as uneducated as they are. Talking to highly educated foreign leaders as though they're second-graders... How freaking embarrassing for our country! Facepalm, indeed!

As usual, great job, Joe!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
One guy (Obama) wants to make a deal with Iran and tell them if they wait a little while, they can develop nukes and that'll be alright with the US.

That's not AT ALL true.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, and I have read all the comments and am in SUPPORT of this thread and the video, hence my S&F. My post is for all the foaming at the mouth members here on ATS in a frenzy to charge the 47 with treason for violating the Logan Act. Double standards make me sick. Some are obvious, some not. But in this case, very obvious.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Um. Andy Borowitz is only satire, from the New Yorker...the Iranian leader did not actually offer to mediate...

I agree on so much of this, but wanted to point this out for accuracy in your reporting...

New Yorker - Andy Borowitz Satire

An article from the CS Monitor re: the satire article: link

peace,

- AB

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is the phrase "Illegitimate, black liberal president" 25 seconds in supposed to be sarcasm or satire?

Because if it is it doesn't clearly read that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Sarcastic satire.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

If only it was a left, right ,coke v pepsi issue but this thing has a full 360% spectrum that should make it a no brainier on the bs meter . We all know or should know where this is coming from .hint ...Joe mentions them in the first part .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well this is a complete non-issue as far as the Logan act.

The letter was an open letter to Iranian officials. The Logan act only applies when there is back-and-forth discussion between top members of the US government with a foreign government.

And sorry but an open letter to a government does not fall under the negotiation clause in the Logan act.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

And sorry but an open letter to a government does not fall under the negotiation clause in the Logan act.

Yes it does because the person or persons in this case have to be authorized to have contact with that other nation. Unless you have proof that Obama gave them the ok for that contact then they violated it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

One guy (Obama) wants to make a deal with Iran and tell them if they wait a little while, they can develop nukes and that'll be alright with the US.

Sure he is because Benny said so right?

The collective voice of the people (Congress) said, "I don't think that's what we 'really' want."

You're wrong on this one. Congress did not say this just 47 members of the Senate you do know there is more than 47 people in Congress right?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Nope you should read the Logan act. It's to have unauthorized negotiations with another country. Not an open letter to another country. If they conduct further negotiations then the Logan act would apply but as of now it doesn't.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Did you learn about the Logan Act on DailyKOS? It sure seems like it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There's nothing ridiculous about the letter, because it's simply clarifying the powers that Congress and POTUS have regarding treaties. What is ridiculous is the false outrage over it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guidance.Is.Internal
There's nothing ridiculous about the letter, because it's simply clarifying the powers that Congress and POTUS have regarding treaties. What is ridiculous is the false outrage over it.

I wonder if the GOP would have called this treason if the dembs had of pulled this kind of BS?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

whoa ho! "I like this guy" -2m:59s

why wouldn't the left-wing like this guy?

"Zarif was born on 7 January 1960 in Tehran.[3][4] According to The New Republic, Zarif is born to an "affluent, religiously devout and politically conservative merchant family in Tehran". He was educated at the Alavi School, a private religious institution.[5]
Zarif was shielded from TV, radio, and newspapers by his parents as a youth. Instead, he became exposed to religious revolutionary ideas by reading the books of Ali Shariati and Samad Behrangi."

Mohammad Zarif

you know what they say about leftists and fascists...

Left-wing Fascism

Liberal Fascism

edit on 14-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just finished watching,and all I can say is right on Joe.The "Logan act"is a big joke that won't be enforced..The Repubs hair would be on fire if a junior senator Dem with 47 cosigns wrote a letter to Iraq before 2002.For those who are old enough to remember. Dixie chicks,Phil Donahue,Bill Maher..All trashed by the Repubs/paper patriots...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
In my eyes, just because the Republicans/GOP never prosecuted anyone under the Logan act doesn't mean the Democrats can't.

Just because your "team" failed to act before doesn't mean the Democrats can't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join