It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the hate towards police when they kill a criminal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: ItalianDressing

Perfect timing for your topic.

Yesterday,my apartment was an incident of the cops having the wrong address.

They were given the wrong address by a witness and were looking for a possibly violent suspect (they got him somewhere else in the complex,btw).You could tell that they were ready to take someone down if they had to-about 5 of them.

My roommate and I did the adult thing by being calm and once they told us they were looking for someone-we immediately told them to come in and do their thing.

Once they saw that we weren't harboring a suspect-they apologized and left.

If you guys knew what kind of killers that the cops have to deal with here in Memphis on a daily basis-you would be glad that they were around.

I had my a$$ beat a couple of times by the cops when I was younger-but I deserved it.

It's a shame that it took me until the age of around 20 to learn to respect local cops.

btw:I'm willing to bet that most of the cop haters live in areas with damn near no crime.

I will admit I do live only in lo crime areas.

Having said that, I would have demanded a warrant or shut the door in their faces.

They don't have a right to look through my anything without a warrant, and they aren't going to.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Show me what I asked for and I'll entertaine you.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Name one person who the police killed that was not a criminal

Let me know if you need some more names.

Is it common practice to walk to the sporting goods department, grab a rifle, then walk around with it? Who does that? You are a dee de dee...

ID

So someone is dee de dee for picking up a air rifle in the store that sells them yet it is perfectly legal to open carry in those stores.

Ohio open carry!!!

You asked for someone who was not a criminal gunned down by cops and there is your sign.

It is slung on their back, they are not "brandishing" it. Big difference.

Also the kids body language, with the air rifle, was not right. He seemed very off. And like another person mentioned about mental illness, who is in charge of keeping the ill ones inside.. A rabid animal is considered mentally ill, we put those down don't we? If someone is a danger/threat who cares if they are ill, it does not stop the fact that they are a threat.

ID
edit on 14-3-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
And I am not talking about the innocent people that the police have killed. I am talking about the latest rash of shootings of Obama's sons who were in fact criminals. I have been stopped by police armed and unarmed and have never had anything unprofessional done to me, why! Did I get stopped 8-10 times by defective cops?

ID
edit on 14-3-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Very few of us have ever been in a situation in which we faced an unknown person with a weapon acting strangely. Such people are an immediate threat. Police use heroic restraint every day in not shooting more nuts, thugs and scumbags.
Mentally limited people do not have tags that say 'I am mentally limited and don't know what I'm doing'. A mentally limited person with a gun can kill you as easily as a fully functional person. Or a child.
A few years ago, near my Uncle's house, a trooper stopped a car for a routine traffic issue. He was shot and killed and left on the highway to die. Who wants to approach a strange car in the dark knowing this happens? Who wants to leave a wife and child behind because of some drug-crazed violent idiot?
Considering the low quality, stupid, ignorant, violent nature of thousands of young men out there, it's a miracle we don't have incidents like this every day.
Pull the police out of the neighborhoods? You get Somalia. No thank you.
Sure there are some bad cops out there. Just like there are bad priests or congresspeople or media entities or shoe salesmen. Please don't condemn the many because of the acts of a few.
Police are heroes. Respect them. Appreciate them. They are the ones that keep the wolves from our doors.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

There was nothing to prosecute Darren Wilson for. Even the DoJ led by Holder (who is racist, lets not kid ourselves) could not find evidence of wrong doing. So why are you bringing him into this.

The scope of the DOJ civil rights investigation was to determine specifically if Micheal Brown was targeted solely because of his race. A very high bar..

The DOJ did NOT address whether Wilson's version of the events were accurate compared to the multiple conflicting witnesses.

That's what a trial is for.. And there won't be one.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You've used the word "retarded" one to many times for me to even consider your argumentative position credible.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Excluding those 2 cops being shot, Ferguson isn't even a "protest" any longer , its now a "party" with percussion players in the street and loud music, everyone dancing and smiling even the old 76 year old white lady in front, we all saw that if we were watching the news the past few days. I think that is a good thing, having fun instead of being angry. Maybe they should rename it the "Ferguson Protest Party", sounds like it could turn into something cool and bring about racial harmony between the blacks and whites protesting together. maybe something good could come of it after all..
edit on 14-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

"racial harmony between the blacks and whites"

You have just stated not only the libs' worst nightmare-but also what would bring about the demise of the left.

Can you imagine the screaming of "uncle toms" from the left if that happened?

Lol-the guy on here with all of the dog profiles would lose his mind!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think that in many, many instances the Police did not have to kill the people they did...they could have stopped them in other ways...and the people would still be alive...and hopefully they would have gotten a fair trial.

I am tired of some of the Police force who have killed people when they didn't have to...and could have subdued them making other choices.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So criminal = death sentence?

Should we just go to prisons and shoot them up?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

thousands of perps are taken in without incident every day. the exceptions are the Michael Browns and the cig seller in NY that choose to resist, fight, and even reach for the gun. unfortunate, but they bring their deaths on themselves.

there's a difference between 'morally deserve to die' and 'die from own stupidity'. people that drive on ice and fall through don't 'deserve' to die but they bring it on themselves.

Caladonea, in these situations one only has seconds to make a decision. John Law is trained to protect himself if in doubt. It's often unfortunate but it's how the world works. as mentioned above, thousands of people, innocent and criminal, deal with the police every day without incident.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I live in area with no crime which makes cops worse. They snoop around for trouble because they're too bored sitting on back roads. That said, one out of five sheriffs that come and go around here are actual humans not driven by ego. I'm not a cop hater and I understand when you've been dealing with trash most your career you get jaded, but the sad truth is there's allot of police that shouldn't be police. The only reason why there's so much hate for cops is because of the media. After those two cops got shot in NY the NYPD did what they should've done since the start and ONLY ARRESTED PEOPLE WHEN THEY HAD TO. No petty bs, no beatings. Why that's so hard for police I'll never understand. I've met allot of good cops but far more bad cops, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Center stage right now is the game, Right at this moment in time the two combatants are "Smart Phones" and what the Law Enforcement folks claim.

I Foresee no option from here on in but the truth, with viral video available instantly the spin doctors are out of work. What you see is what happened.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
A lot of us are sick of cops killing people they didn't even know were criminals...

Or weren't even criminals...

Or were just standing in the sidewalk selling cigarettes...

Or running from bullets, putting their hands up and turning then being executed by 4 officers...

Or homeless people being ganged up on and then shot by them cos a clumsy prick dropped his gun when he didn't even need to reach for it...

Or standing in there doorstep scratchig there nose with permission and still being killed...

Or cowering in a room cradling their baby and then being shot in the head through the door because some coward heard a noise in the room...

Shall I continue?

Name one person who the police killed that was not a criminal... And if selling cigs is such a minor offense, then why did he not listen to the police? Why did he have to escalate it into what it became? Choke holds are used every day in UFC fighting, this man happened to die from it. It was not meant to be.

ID

I'm a lightweight amateur about to go pro, I choke people on an almost daily basis. If you hold it after the opponent has become unconscious he'll begin suffering brain damage and eventually death in around 12 seconds. It has less to do with the choke being administered than the fact that it's nearly impossible to gauge the consciousness of a person when all visible indicators are being obscured by other people holding the person down with knees all in their back and pinning their arms and legs. I can tell when to let go because I can feel an arm go limp or a head begin to droop, the restraint procedures and sheer number of officers on a person in most incidents make that much harder.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It shouldn't matter if the person killed by police is a "criminal" or not.

Every single person in the United States is a "criminal" in one way or another.

You speed in your car... you're a criminal.... you jay walk.... you're a criminal... you let your dog defecate in the park.... you're a criminal.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Is it common practice to walk to the sporting goods department, grab a rifle, then walk around with it? Who does that?

Since when do cops just walk into a store and kill someone without evaluating the situation. Sounds like murder to me!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think it was Iceland in which recently the police killed someone. It was the first time ever this had happened. The police then apologised to the family for killing him.

Think about the difference between the police in Iceland and the US. Its messed up in the US...

purp.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

originally posted by: Sremmos80

thousands of perps are taken in without incident every day. the exceptions are the Michael Browns and the cig seller in NY that choose to resist, fight, and even reach for the gun. unfortunate, but they bring their deaths on themselves.

This is such bull#. Countless arrests involve resisting arrest, including people who continue fighting wardens within the prison. Cop who can't handle job and get trigger happy are the only exception here. All the good cops took care of the rowdy aggressive assholes like good well trained cops.

You honestly believe the only people who make it to prison are the ones who behave like model citizens? Everyone else was killed? Have you ever seen a cop respond to a situation in person, or even the TV show Cops? people constantly resist as much as Eric Garners and much worse.

It's a slap in the face to good cops who take the proper steps, to suggest these killer cops are doing things right, and it's only going to lead to more crappy cops feeling justified.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
A lot of us are sick of cops killing people they didn't even know were criminals...

Or weren't even criminals...

Or were just standing in the sidewalk selling cigarettes...

Or running from bullets, putting their hands up and turning then being executed by 4 officers...

Or homeless people being ganged up on and then shot by them cos a clumsy prick dropped his gun when he didn't even need to reach for it...

Or standing in there doorstep scratchig there nose with permission and still being killed...

Or cowering in a room cradling their baby and then being shot in the head through the door because some coward heard a noise in the room...

Shall I continue?

Name one person who the police killed that was not a criminal... And if selling cigs is such a minor offense, then why did he not listen to the police? Why did he have to escalate it into what it became? Choke holds are used every day in UFC fighting, this man happened to die from it. It was not meant to be.

ID

Cop shoots pre school teacher. Just one of many. Please define what a "criminal is" op. Is it anyone that does not conform to systematic abuse and it's jack boot thugs wearing badges ? Is it a habitual offender ? Do tell.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

How about all the veteran's the police have executed in cold blood ?
burnpit.legion.org...

How about the children the police have killed due to knee jerk reaction ? Are children criminals as well ?
www.theguardian.com...

By your logic full contact sports makes it OK for police to beat people to a pulp. If some 300 pound cop choke slams a senior citizen well... he had it coming because they do it in the UFC. This is by far the dumbest thing I read on ATS in years. Not sure if you are trolling or suffering cognitive impairment op.

Apologists are worse than the jack boots themselves.

edit on 18-3-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join