It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'I'm Embarrassed' For Republicans Who Sent Letter To Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.oregonlive.com...

Why this is not a "one sided" issue as many claim.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I heard on CSPAN from a caller that Cotton met with defense contractors behind closed doors after "The Letter". I found it but do not know if sources are legitimate.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I heard on CSPAN from a caller that Cotton met with defense contractors behind closed doors after "The Letter". I found it but do not know if sources are legitimate.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19114346]ProfessorChaos

I do, however, feel that the letter was pointless, as they could have either had the next President simply void the deal, or pressured the next President to do so, depending on said next President's party affiliation.

Strategically, the letter was ill-timed, and fruitless, as it will most likely become a Security Council agreement that will have more far-reaching effects should the U.S. decide to try to step away from it in the future.

The next president can't 'void' the deal because it's always been a security council agreement. That's the embarrassing part about the entire letter, it has very little to do with congress and everything to do with the UN security council.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This man is an embarrassment. I am embarrassed to be an American with this kinda "leadership". 2016 can't come soon enough!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Senator who spearheaded letter to Iran got $1 million from Kristol’s ‘Emergency Comitee for Israel’

The U.S. media have been sadly incurious about the origins of yesterday’s unprecedented Open Letter of 47 Republicans to the Iranian leadership seeking to block the president’s likely deal with Iran. The press has portrayed the letter as the work of Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, a 37-year-old freshman senator so new to the limelight that the New York Times got his name wrong on first impression. But as a Times commenter writes, “Does anyone really believe the ‘freshman senator from Arkansas’ wrote the letter? No.”

The media are all over the unprecedented nature of the letter — which informs Iranian hardliners that Obama’s likely deal with Iran is a “mere executive agreement.” Chris Matthews and Chris Hayes and Michael Steele on MSNBC last night all expressed outrage or surprise. Paul Waldman at the Washington Post calls the letter “stunning” and “appalling.” But apart from a passing reference to neocons from Matthews, no one is looking under the hood.

I don’t know who wrote the letter, but I can tell you whose fingerprints are on it: the only folks who are supporting it publicly, the hard-right Israel lobby. Even as Cotton himself splutters on national television, rightwing lobby groups are the main voices out there defending the letter.

Like Bill Kristol of the Emergency Committee for Israel:

Cotton open letter: “Just so you know, we’re a constitutional democracy. Congress (or next president) has a say.” Dem response: Hysteria.

J Street’s Dylan Williams fingers Bill Kristol for writing the letter:

Who gave @SenTomCotton & others the awful idea for the Iran letter? Seems like Sarah Palin-for-VP-level bad advice doesn’t it @BillKristol ?

There’s a reason for Williams’s suspicion. Kristol’s Emergency Committee for Israel gave Tom Cotton nearly $1 million in his race for the Senate just five months ago, Eli Clifton reported. “Cotton received $960,250 in supportive campaign advertising in the last month.” (Thanks to Kay24 in comments).

Cotton also got $165,000 from Elliott Management Paul Singer’s hedge fund. Singer is the billionaire who is trying to stop Obama’s Iran talks (Clifton’s reporting again). He funds the Israel Project too– Josh Block’s efforts.

I agree with your President. It will soon become a bigger embarrassement for some ...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just want to put this out there for information purposes for those that may not already know this. That open letter to Iran was not "sent" to Iran. It was an open letter posted on Cotton's website.
An Inconvenient Truth

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Just want to put this out there for information purposes for those that may not already know this. That open letter to Iran was not "sent" to Iran. It was an open letter posted on Cotton's website.
An Inconvenient Truth

Well that will sure deflate some Left Wing balloons.

Many people tried to suggest that but nobody would listen.

This proves Obama was only watching MSNBC !!!

The White House staff wasn't even sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I was actually embarrassed too. For our entire country. These are publicly elected officials. That means their signature stands for literally thousands of people!

People who sent them there to be a check and balance on the President--which is exactly what they did.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: Metallicus
Now Obama knows how the country feels about him being our President, except embarrassed doesn't even adequately convey the shame.

I call Obozo the "double-down" gambler:
• Iran turns down his nuke delay deal, Obozo "double-down's" and goes to the UN with his failed plan instead of working on tougher sanctions.

• His 2012 re-election team tells him his promise of $2500 reduction in policy is impossible and recommends he admit the real cost, Obozo "double-down's" says no we will deal with it later... in seven years!

I could go on and on with examples because never once has he said "okay, let's work together on a solution".

"I'm embarrassed" indeed Obozo indeed...

I don't think you understand the expression or use of "double-down". Doubling-down is when something doesn't work (like incorrectly using the term "double-down") and, instead of backing off or doing something different, the person compounds it with a more extreme version of what they just did (like your even worse usage of double-down on your second example).

Okay, let's get this straight. Dissension was patriotic when evil-Bush-Hitler was president but now its treasonous when Obamamessiah is president? AmIrite?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: queenofswords

And their bank accounts and the defense contractors they represent who want to keep sending Americans to war thank you right back!

The drone manufacturers and those who make the bombs that go on them are making lots and lots and lots of money with Obama's finger on the switch, so I don' think you'e got a valid point with that one.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: Metallicus
Now Obama knows how the country feels about him being our President, except embarrassed doesn't even adequately convey the shame.

I call Obozo the "double-down" gambler:
• Iran turns down his nuke delay deal, Obozo "double-down's" and goes to the UN with his failed plan instead of working on tougher sanctions.

• His 2012 re-election team tells him his promise of $2500 reduction in policy is impossible and recommends he admit the real cost, Obozo "double-down's" says no we will deal with it later... in seven years!

I could go on and on with examples because never once has he said "okay, let's work together on a solution".

"I'm embarrassed" indeed Obozo indeed...

I don't think you understand the expression or use of "double-down". Doubling-down is when something doesn't work (like incorrectly using the term "double-down") and, instead of backing off or doing something different, the person compounds it with a more extreme version of what they just did (like your even worse usage of double-down on your second example).

Okay, let's get this straight. Dissension was patriotic when evil-Bush-Hitler was president but now its treasonous when Obamamessiah is president? AmIrite?

Patriotism is in the eye of the beholder. As always.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join