It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Caught Editing Wikipedia Articles on Police Brutality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

If that's the case then absolutely roll up the person responsible for it. It's one thing to maintain a narrative, it's something else entirely to present blatant lies as facts.

I have no real experience with either LAPD or NYPD but I assume we're talking about NOPD as in New Orleans. I can state from personal experience (and a good bit of it, to be clear) that they are (or were, when I dealt with them) the most corrupt outfit I've ever had the displeasure of working with or dealing with. I can't come up with a single good story about them. Not a damn one.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Shamrock6

Did you see that they also made edits about Chumbawumba? LoL!

Working hard.

Tubthumper is a vastly under appreciated album, and I stand with any person who clears up the travesty of inattention it received.

Said no one ever lol

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: kosmicjack

That kind of post isn't germane to public safety, ergo it must be propoganda.

Piffle! I miss few opportunities to state my feelings about LEOs, but you're at your best during Christmas cop shopping - I used to be a Jaycee along with other things, and we sponsored that every year. Now, if you could just remember we're ALL those kids when you look at us.

I already told you that you're getting a new bike this year man! God, stop hounding me already

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I suspect many police departments have been doing this sort of thing for awhile, but it's nice to have confirmation. Well, not really 'nice', given the circumstances, but, uh, yeah.....

One need only look at the Hillsborough Disaster in the UK for evidence of this - Police, Government and Media working together to create an entirely fictional account of what actually happened.

It's a corrupt mix. Journalists cannot do their jobs without access to government and police "contacts", but those contacts come at a price - loyalty. It's a private club of people who all scratch each others backs when they need to.

Journalist publishes something critical of police, they get harassment and all leads go to a competitor. Most media is firmly in the pocket of those they rely on for information, which is exactly why governments are so desperate to get control over the freedom the Internet provides. Now anyone can be a journalist and share information with the public, without any of these corrupt systems being involved in the process. It terrifies them that things like Wikileaks exists, because these sites are not in the club.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I have no real experience with either LAPD or NYPD but I assume we're talking about NOPD as in New Orleans.

Oh, yes. They're the very bottom of the barrel. It's every bad meme in copdom.

And yet...if I could figure out how to transfer pics from my phone to this pc, I'd post the pics of my buddy who's on NOPD.

He's asleep at the wheel in the photo, but he's a good guy. Mostly.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Said no one ever lol

Hsss! Booo!

I love that album. You chunder head. I get knocked down,but I get up again.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I already told you that you're getting a new bike this year man! God, stop hounding me already

Actually, that was a tough gig. I'm pretty impervious to stuff, but when you get some 6 year old asking you if you'd be their new daddy it's a hard go.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What a surprise...so instead of going out and improving their reputation by you know being good well rounded police officers they spend time editing wiki....and the fact that need to edit in the first place speaks volumes about how the general public view them

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Given all the instances of brutality and dead citizens following an interaction with LEOs and now this proof of propaganda efforts, it kind of feels like the other way around...that there is a war on citizens and their civil rights.

Nail, meet hammer.

The oppressors and the aggressors always project their own actions and intents onto others when there is a recoil against their oppressive or aggressive actions.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that a majority of police view the average citizen as suspect, an outsider, as a criminal, hence the war on citizens by the paramilitary police. There is a clear line between how police view themselves and how they view citizens (and vice versa).

People or groups keep trying to forcefully impose their own ways on others and when there is a push back, suddenly they think they're a victim, that someone is out to get them.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Can you imagine what NSA and CIA write when they edit Wikipedia

Just start reading about how bad anyone is who US government doesn't like

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
And here I thought that hacking websites to gain access to their information for certain reasons is now said to be a potential terrorist activity?

And just for the hell of it I'll use Wiki as my source:

Cyberterrorism can be also defined as the intentional use of computer, networks, and public internet to cause destruction and harm for personal objectives.[1] Objectives may be political or ideological since this can be seen as a form of terrorism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now all we need are the terrorists within the NYPD to be hauled off to a black site somewhere near Chicago.

Peace

edit on 14-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Did they change the lyric of their biggest hit to "You get knocked down, you stay da fuq down, you perp, or you'll never get up again"?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Were they spreading falsehoods? Then, again, nail whomever made the edit.

I think a couple of them were sort of not even iffy, they converted some people into "armed" that were known not to be.

It's NYPD though. Given a history of honor enhancing events like Abner Louima, they ought to just shut up, IMHO.

I think if you rolled up NYPD, LAPD, NOPD, maybe a half dozen others and dropped them into the middle of the Atlantic about 99% of the things I'd like to whack cops over the head with a lead pipe for would go away. I'm not sure how you can be a NYPD cop and hold your head up, personally.

Exactly, they are the poster children of corruption.

The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Exactly how is this different than if I put up "Obama" and placed my opinions of him and his actions there, and a leftist editing the...or Obama himself editing them to give their perspective? Isn't that what Wikipedia is? An encyclopedia that is edited by the public? I can easily see the police disagreeing with something posted there by a criminal or the friend of a criminal, etc.
edit on 3/14/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Right...by the public, not an arm of the state. If someone catches the Admin doing it on issues that pertain to them, I dang sure hope they post it here.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Right...by the public, not an arm of the state. If someone catches the Admin doing it on issues that pertain to them, I dang sure hope they post it here.

That would be a conspiracy if it was directed by their bosses...agreed.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
That would be a conspiracy if it was directed by their bosses...agreed.

At the very least, it's obviously inappropriate to do that from work, if you work at the NYPD.

You'd hope a cop would be bright enough to wait until they got home. I think the fact that they either were too stupid to understand it would trace back to work, didn't understand it would look bad, or they didn't care if it did is worse than the actual editing.

Geez, guys. It doesn't take much thought there.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

(post by chuck258 removed for a manners violation)
(post by chuck258 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258
Angry much?..take your own advice.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join