It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'd like to propose a thought...a possibility. First of all, I'm a computer programmer of 25+ years. Technically, the following is very possible:

What if though the NSA spying, Google-style ads, etc...we have all been classified and are being re-classified every day and with every action. One million characteristics stored in a database that make up who each of us are. Each email you send, each object you click and each news story you read is recorded, each payment you make, each subscription you open...run through a processor and a modification is made to your profile. Often the source is then discarded but if or when you do something illegal, embarrassing, immoral...the evidence of that is stored (the body of the email for example). And what if this has been going on for a long time?

This information about you would be updated by your actions daily. Your profile would tell exactly who you are, what you like, how you will vote...etc. And now all that information is available to "a group of people" (lets call them GROUP A) with the agenda for control, power and money. Obviously they would use it. GROUP A has hundreds or thousands of employees keeping this information accurate, but computers do most of the work. And now lets say GROUP A begins using this information to execute their agenda.

They know how you will vote and know what stories or fake stories or scandals will affect your vote. They know everything about you (that they care about) and every action they take is part of a chess game. Get your vote by doing something, gain your trust by not doing something. And on top of you...one in three hundred million people...they have dirt on everyone. Everyone of importance and everyone who will eventually be important (a Senator for example). A simple message, email or pop-up saying "We know you did this...you better do this unless you want the information leaked or your life destroyed". A simple knowledge that if you say anything about this...you may just end up dead.

Complete control. Control of the people, the government...the President? And is it USA based or world-wide? I can tell you for sure the technology exists, the storage exists, the manpower exists and keeping it secret wouldn't be difficult with all the dirt and information, let alone the power. Have you seen the Republicans drop the amnesty fight? Have you seen foreign leaders do something so out-of-character you can't believe it? Judges voting in opposition to their history? People in places of "power" that shouldn't be there?

So my question. Are we already there? Is everything in our lives, everything we experience driven by GROUP A to continue their agenda. Are we currently within this matrix? Given a year, I could write the software and install the hardware in a business office of 1000 people to do just this with a test group. It could watch their actions, record their calls, etc. and build a profile. I would have access to know these people better than they know themselves. Is GROUP A already there and using this information to control a majority of our lives?
edit on 3/13/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I've considered this before. I'm not sure that it's too far from the truth right now except maybe for the scale they're doing it on.

Very scary.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I've considered this before. I'm not sure that it's too far from the truth right now except maybe for the scale they're doing it on.

Very scary.

Yes it is! And as far as scale...it doesn't require as much as you may think to do it. It would likely take more to hide it and implement it. But the data, the collection and the classification...easy. And personally...I believe we are there.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So who are they but people who want you to spend all your money? There has to be an interaction between the money handlers and those who decide on your usefulness or extermination.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
So who are they but people who want you to spend all your money? There has to be an interaction between the money handlers and those who decide on your usefulness or extermination.

I think, in a way, we are too limited looking at it as people taking our money. They get our money anyway...depending upon who they are. Lets say they are government, big corporations, etc. All one big group. In that case, everything you make during your life, minus what you die owning...is what they got from you. They likely consider a portion of that what it takes to keep you alive and earning. Not to be too cliche but...like a cow. You feed it, house it and take care of it (what they don't take)...you get the milk (taxes, what you buy, etc.) and in the end, they get the meat too. The goal of any farmer is to keep the cows only as healthy as required...only as well fed as required and reap the rewards.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I think we are already there but not in a way that has an analytical bias towards individuals. Perhaps more for a general trend and listing of group mentality to influence and control said groups. Control the flow of money and how people feel about the world around them and the people are just a bunch of puppets. Understand what people do, see and react and those things could be steered when needs be. Browser anti-tracking software is a wonderful invention, as is cash. These things can help save us from big brother.

More can be achieved by control of greater numbers me thinks and bear in mind that the internet is global so the influence reaches far afield. It's like a great big strategy video game taking place on a ball of dirt going round and round and heading nowhere.

It's possible that individuals could be targetted if they were flagged as a real risk but manpower to act on that information would always be the weak link.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

if they were flagged as a real risk but manpower to act on that information would always be the weak link.

Which is probably the only reason this isn't a well accepted fact. I believe we are watching the beginning of the end for the ideals upon which America was founded. It's a tough pill to swallow. Or should we just go back to sleep?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I believe we are watching the beginning of the end for the ideals upon which America was founded. It's a tough pill to swallow. Or should we just go back to sleep?

This is a little larger than the lil ol' USA I think. It's global. Why filter out to read just a single country?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think you are dead on right but even though "they" are collecting data on everyone, I don't think I have too much to worry about. I think "they" are only interested in the people that are important enough to merit close scrutiny right now. The politicians and business persons of not only our country but around the globe.

I think we all know who has this capacity but the question I have is just who "THEY" are that have access to all of this information and are using it to further "THEIR" objective. Just "WHAT" is "THEIR" objective? Is it the real world game of World of Warfare? Is this "THEIR" game of global domination played out in reality?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I think you are dead on right but even though "they" are collecting data on everyone, I don't think I have too much to worry about. I think "they" are only interested in the people that are important enough to merit close scrutiny right now. The politicians and business persons of not only our country but around the globe.

I think we all know who has this capacity but the question I have is just who "THEY" are that have access to all of this information and are using it to further "THEIR" objective. Just "WHAT" is "THEIR" objective? Is it the real world game of World of Warfare? Is this "THEIR" game of global domination played out in reality?

Yes, yes...and yes. To the other poster, I realize this is world-wide but I can only speak for my country's loss directly. Anyway...yeah...it is possible to own the world or at least control it and I have no doubt that there are people so high up in power and wealth that the goal seems within reach. Why not? We all try to move up the ladder and just because this goal is too far for us to fathom...it may not be for others. Especially together.

I would guess at that level though, money means very little. The power that is aided by money is a different story. Who wouldn't want to be God? Who doesn't think they have the knowledge to be King? While I wouldn't claim to know who these people are, I will suggest this. If you look at the politics in the USA...Obama, Clinton, Bush...the right vs the left. Those must seem like childish tantrums to whomever "they" are. Punks compared to a group of people who are near to, or already manipulating everything and everyone like chess pieces.

Is this their game? Yeah...I would say so. And probably for little return other than saying they did. Remember the movie Trading Places? Two rich people build up one person's life while destroying another's. Turns out in the end that the two rich people bet one dollar. Also had a great nude scene with Jamie Lee Curtis

top topics

join