It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They all believe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have spent some time researching various things. There is a guy whose name escapes me right now who is a NASA scientist who believes that we are living inside a simulated universe. Quite possible, he has some interesting theories and backed up by an Oxford scientist guy.
Anyway the real point is, I have spent a lot of time researching diets etc. No matter what diet, they all seem to be winners! Tom from Oregon lost 1000 pounds. Susan from Oaklahoma lost 1 million pounds and she ate only ants for a year.

Everyone has a convinving argument, so it made me think, along with ideas of a subjective universe, simulation etc, Maybe the common denominator is belief!

The placebo effect is real, and also it has been shown that mind can influence matter by some wierd experiments at that university whose name I cannot remember. So..maybe we define our own reality. Maybe you can eat mud or dirty pants, but if there was science on the internet that said pant eaters lived until they were 130 years old, and you BELIEVED it, then maybe the dirty pant diet would work for you.

Ok, so it sounds like I am being flippant, but its a valid point. How can so many different opinons be right subjectively, but wrong objectively. The only way it makes sense is, if belief to the individual is the main influencing factor. So it means the laws of health, physics etc are not written in stone. They can be rewritten, as long as you believe.

So...religion...the message, FAITH, it has always been about, the only thing that matters is faith. That never made any sense to me, but..as with all of these historical texts and messages, they get misconstrued and dogmatised. WHAT if, the message really means, faith in the sense that what you believe creates your existance. You only need faith lol, so its all about belief and subjective reality.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it just kinda made some sense and I wanted to put pen on paper, electronically.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tastyrawmeat

You don't need faith but having an internal locus of control is the highest form of power you can attain.
It comes at a cost many are not willing to pay.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Locust?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I have seen many a sick person that told they were going to die in 6 months by doctors give up and die. Also have seen people who don't believe the doctor and are still here today.
edit on 13-3-2015 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Faith is real, even if the object of faith is not.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Thats a good point! and something science cant really explain at the moment. The next question will be, "well so if its a subjective universe and we can believe what we want to materialise, then we can all do it and we have anarchy".

Not quite! There is a plan! the universe wants to become something, and will follow the path of least resistance to achieve that. IF you also follow that course, then you will receive help in abundance from the universe. Dont believe me?

Well I say, I bet there a lot of members on here that had unusual incidents where the universe reached out to help them, when least expected, but I can guarantee you in each case, the person was already helping themselves and maintaining an ideal of their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Where do you think the saying mind over matter came from?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That same guy who ate dirty pants couldn't lose weight eating broccoli because of his bodies reaction to different kinds of food. If this is a computer generated reality, it sure is a real reality. You hurt and bleed when you step on a nail. It's when you don't hurt that you have problems evolving out of stepping on that nail.

No matter if this is real or not, we must follow the path to finish it. We must feel pain and frustration when needed. The economy is not real and yet it still exists. Our perceptions of this reality have been controlled and altered for generations but they are real to us. A caged animal does not miss being outside if it has never experienced it yet. So we stay in our boxes and try not to let the boxes get torn apart.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
To believe or not believe this is the question.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
quantum reality .... gotta love it eh ...
whilst simultaneously hate it ... and also simultaneously being impartial to it

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tastyrawmeat
The placebo effect is real, and also it has been shown that mind can influence matter by some wierd experiments at that university whose name I cannot remember. So..maybe we define our own reality. Maybe you can eat mud or dirty pants, but if there was science on the internet that said pant eaters lived until they were 130 years old, and you BELIEVED it, then maybe the dirty pant diet would work for you.

A number of people with very strong delusions have proven that belief is no substitute for reality. Just look at the alt-med and faith healing communities.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Where do you think the saying mind over matter came from?

Does it matter?

Oh... never mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You could argue that prayer is a form of "the law of attraction" -- hacking reality to get what you want.

top topics

join