It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you Ristrict a Muslims rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Now i have heard variouse things about giving muslims less civil rights ect. My question is how do you determin a muslim? People have to remeber Islam is a religon not a race, i just came back from my buddys house last night (who is egyptian) and their where probably 20 egyptians their who where all christians. Its easy enough for a muslim (or arab) to say he is christian or Athesiest or Jewish and then do they get their rights back, how can you determin what some one belives (i am fairly sure mind reading does not work). To be truly protected you will have to say Arab-Americans lose many civil rights, but then you have many american-persians (who are totally diffrent from arabs) and many people who are mixed (like my self). So if you just cut out the middle east all together you then have many African-American Muslims, some Asian-American muslims and then cat stevens.

Im just wondering how people are gonna get this to work, ii dont think it will how can you determin some one religon by looking at them? (note that their are many muslims who shave ect ect so it is very hard to pin point what religon they follow)

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm sure Americans will be all for our "chips" having our faith in them.

What a sick nation this has become.

PS>> Most stupid people still think Islam is an Island in the middle east..

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
While, being a Christian, I do not agree with the Islamic religion, I believe that Muslims and everyone else has the right to practice their religion (well, except for jihad).

The First Amendment is supposed to grant the right to religion.

Tell you what, I'd hate to be a Muslim. I really would. I feel sorry for you Muslims out there. You're not the ones that attacked the WTC--a bunch of fanatics did.

I'm part Cherokee. What if some Cherokee blew something up? One thing I'd be afraid of is them coming after me because my great-great-great-grandfather was Cherokee! See what I'm saying?

I do not hate Muslims. I went to school with Muslims, Jews, and a lot of other people from all different races and religions. I lived in an area with huge Muslim and Jewish populations--specifically the Detroit area.

If I associate an Arab person with something, it's party (convenience) stores.
Which is not a bad thing! I remember the Family Market in Oak Park, MI (on Nine Mile Road), had Arab women as cashiers and they were friendly as could be. They recognized our family.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You can not restrict muslins or any religion for that matter that is one of the reasons this country was founded because people were running from their country of origin looking for a place to worship without restrictions.

Also we have to understand that is not only, Asian or South American or Middle East muslin but American born muslin, American converted muslins.

Unless our government decide to start persecution on religion worshipping in this country is impossible for any restrictions at all.

We will probably see more of hate crimes against a particular religious group by the followers of other religious group, than any government restrictions, and perhaps the government will wait until it gets that bad to do something �to protect� the victims, then some kind of restriction may be imposed.

Now this is just speculation and is only my view.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Zi brings up a good point. I don't think the restriction of rights would have anything to do with religion. I think it would be based on race. Basically anyone of middle eastern descent, regardless of religion would be restricted in some shape or form if these people had their way. But, I think we can remember when McVeigh et al. blew up the Oklahoma Federal Building and when the Unibomber blew up people at random. I think it's silly to believe that only muslims are anti-American government.

Those who call for a restriction of rights are letting their fear grip them. Most people suffer some form of prejudice, and in this case, I would say that those calling for a restriction of rights are fearful of the unknown race of semites. To them it is a rational fear, but to others, we are able to fight through the seemingly irrational fear.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
while i dont agree with the question (why restrict a muslims rights?)

this is the answer (to the part of the question which asks how to identify moslems)

a muslim is required to have a muslim name. there are 99 male first-names that are sanctified by the quran (ahmed, mohamed, abdul, ect.)

furthermore, the persons last name will be a clear identifier. I am a christian arab, and i know if another arab is christian or muslim by his name.

also a muslim is circumsiced.

but all this would be unnessesary because you would simply have to ask a muslim what his faith was, and a true muslim would tell you the truth. and those who lie are not true muslims and therefore not fanatics (same goes for a devout christian)

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
Im just wondering how people are gonna get this to work, ii dont think it will how can you determin some one religon by looking at them? (note that their are many muslims who shave ect ect so it is very hard to pin point what religon they follow)

Recall, for example, that many redneck morons in the US were beating up Sikhs, because they look 'ferren' and wear turbans. They have absolutely nothing to do with muslims. Heck, they, as a people, would've made a good ally in a war where most of the enemy is muslim. Whats next, start beating up Gurhkas so they won't help neither?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
while i dont agree with the question (why restrict a muslims rights?)

this is the answer (to the part of the question which asks how to identify moslems)

a muslim is required to have a muslim name. there are 99 male first-names that are sanctified by the quran (ahmed, mohamed, abdul, ect.)

Interesting, hadn't heard that before. It reminds me that the Romans had only a dozen or so 'personal' names to work with.

Anyway, I think that, since these terrorists were alright with attacking and murdering unarmed men and women, that they'd be alright with changing their names anyway no?

and a true muslim would tell you the truth. and those who lie are not true muslims and therefore not fanatics

These people would simply lie. They are liars and murderers. They're not going to blow their plans for something like that. They've already broken the commandments of god and the koran by killing civilians, heck they even killed pious muslims in the 911 attacks.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Anyway, I think that, since these terrorists were alright with attacking and murdering unarmed men and women, that they'd be alright with changing their names anyway no?

I have to agree with you on that, a truth terrorist, with a death sentence have not guilt or feelings, his mind is set on its goal and that is to take as many lives as he can including his own.

So when you face a mentality like that is not bargain that will work.

But the problem is that is hard to separate this monsters from the regular muslin human beings.

And also you can not tell when a regular muslin will change into a monster like that, I wonder what will trigger such a change.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Recall, for example, that many redneck morons in the US were beating up Sikhs, because they look 'ferren' and wear turbans.

I take it from the term Redneck and the lame attempt at an accent that this was pointed at the South. Would this post be acceptable if you had have said "'n-word' morons" or "towelhead morons" or "faggot morons"? I doubt it. What is with your prejudice against the South? It shows in several threads. Did a Southerner steal your lunch money at school when you were a kid? I take it from your post that every attack against Muslims has been in the South? What a load of rubbish.

I hate to break it to you but wee are not all married to our cousins and just sitting around the "still" waiting for a chance to "lynch us a darkie" and guess what? we have indoor plumbing and hardly any of us have pigs and chickens in the front yard of our run down shacks any more. We have phones and electricity and even the internet, just like yall do and did you know we all dont belong to the KKK?

Grow up and join the 21st century.

We have

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is how racial profiling has been done in the past.

1. Are they circumsized
2. Do they have brown skin tone
3. Do they wear religious or foreign clothing; turbans, saris, burkhas etc
4. Are you against Bush/war on terrorism

Now, we even have ID cards with DNA prints on them. That would make the process easier for techno-savvy Nazis.

In the end the people who are going to be racially profiled are anyone with an ethnic origin of Middle Eastern to South Asian. That means millions of people all over the western world are going to be persecuted, abused and murdered by the western state. Amongst them will be liberals and dissidents who are against the state. In other words, anyone, regardless of whether their muslims or not, can be profiled against. In fact, Bush is also making it law for everyone to be mentally screened. Hitler did that too,.

This is Nazism, plain and simple. We should not even be discussing how it will be done, we should be all standing against it with arms. You don't want Nazi America to happen, if it does, you're all screwed.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

1. Are they circumsized

Do they have to show proof of this before they board the plain?
I have never been asked to show them my penis before. But what the heck anything to get on the plane quicker....LOL

I know, I know we're all Nazis

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The US gov could enact a law which would make them wear a sign or somehting like the jews with the star.
And restricting them is easy, i mean take the civil rights thing.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

1. Are they circumcised
2. Do they have brown skin tone?

Well, this is becoming personal now people, my son and husband "are" circumcised, and they have "tan" skin but they have Spanish roots, they are neither muslin or Jews, now how can this become a way of tagging?

I mean circumcision and skin tone.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well, this is becoming personal now people, my son and husband "are" circumcised, and they have "tan" skin but they have Spanish roots, they are neither muslin or Jews, now how can this become a way of tagging?

I mean circumcision and skin tone.

Yeah, exactly, that is why I mean it does not matter if you are Muslim or not, the traits for being one are so vague and the prejudices of the people so strong, everyone could be an enemy.

A case in point is an English language Indian film I saw recently called "Mr and Mrs Iyer" which is a true story based in Hindu-Muslim riots in India. What, basically happens, a tourist bus ends up in a riot zone, and is raided by Hindu extemists, who profile everyone, and even order some men who they suspect to show their penis to see whether they are circumcized or not.

In the case your son or husband, and god forbid, were raided by mobs of extremist Nazi's(state or society) they would probably suspect they are Muslims, and what they do to them after, I am not going to say.

We need to stop Nazi America from happening. There are just too many s'n-word'ing idiots who think this is all a big joke(one just responded)

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

We need to stop Nazi America from happening. There are just too many s'n-word'ing idiots who think this is all a big joke(one just responded)

You do know it is a warnable offense to call people names? Do it again and I wil warn you myself

So I am an idiot now? I am not the one that cant make a post without the word Nazi in it

I Am not the one that thinks the world is ruled by shapeshifting reptiles....LOL

Are the Nazis part of the reptilian plot? If so according to you they ALREADY control not only the world but "reality" too?

Or do you just use whatever conspiracy of the month that suits you? You seem to jump from one to the other ignoring your previous posts. I think you just make this crap up as it suits you

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Great God, Gertie!

Indigo posts:

"In fact, Bush is also making it law for everyone to be mentally screened. Hitler did that too. This is Nazism, plain and simple. We should not even be discussing how it will be done, we should be all standing against it with arms."

This from the same person who incites discrimination and bigotry against people because of their membership is a college network or fraternal order.

What complete and utter hypocrisy!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The focus of topic has gone so far off here there is no sense in letting it continue.

Racial attacks, of any kind are not allowed on ATS.

I am sorry, unless undone by a higher up or another moderator I am closing this thread for now.

With a warning.. Try to stay on topic always, and avoid general attacks on groups or races.

Deny Ignorance.

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join