It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird flu's back and it's brought friends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: rickymouse

People have to understand that we evolved with microbes and most times they are not our enemy

Well said. AND. We are made of microbes. That's just how life works.

Cool, isn't it?

A bunch of single cells (microbes) held together by a sort of ionic attraction, forming in patterns, and communicating with each other to preform what needs to be done. The glue that holds us together is nothing more than a sharing of electrons of cells or chares tugging at each other, too much energy and the bonds burst, too little energy and they either freeze solid or fall apart slowly.

It's kind of strange that life on a complex scale even exists.

edit on 14-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I got the flu at the beach about 4 years ago. I felt sick. Luckily it was my last day at the beach. I would have never made it home in a day or two. I really got sick. Mild temperature. Terrible body pains and shaking. For some reason if I did not take aspirin I would shake soooooooo bad I could not even drink from a cup. I could not eat either. Maybe a piece of toast and part of a banana. Later I thought I had the west Nile virus.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Sickness is what happens when our bodies deal with the stuff in our environment (much of which we've created). If we're lucky, our bodies (and cells) integrate the new stuff and make it part of us - and so it is that we adapt and evolve. Sometimes though, it's too much and too fast, so we don't make it.

edit on 15/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Not strange at all. The pull to harmony balances the draw towards chaos.

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”

― Nikola Tesla

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Do you notice that the threads that could help people understand our interaction with things and keep us from getting sick usually do not do so well?

The relationship of balanced energy, proper frequency, and appropriate vibration with our lives is very important. Tesla was actually a very smart man. Possibly smart enough to be a woman.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Tesla was actually a very smart man. Possibly smart enough to be a woman.

You may be right. ...Thanks for the chuckle.

PS. Yes - I have noticed the threads that could help people understand our interaction with things and keep us from getting sick usually do not do so well. There is a trick to getting attention. I worked at it a number of years ago, did well - and got run off my feet! Takes a lot of time and energy to build the momentum and keep it. My problem is, I'm not motivated any more. Just don't care in a Zen kind of way. Pretty sure it's a Zen thing anyway.

edit on 15/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A quick update.

Canada expands poultry restrictions as avian flu hits more U.S. states

...The highly contagious poultry influenza has reached Montana and South Dakota.

...The disease was also found in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, Minnesota, Missouri, Arkansas and Kansas.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

We have to go to Walmart and buy a half dozen chickens to stock our freezer. I like eating chicken and they are still a buck nine a pound at Walmart. We usually try to stock about five chickens plus some breasts but we are down to maybe one chicken now, the big drawer is almost empty. Six chickens only lasts us about a month and a half tops.

Chicken sure has gone up in price over the last two years.

edit on 4-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Just remember - cook thoroughly and wash hands well.

[I'm about to make a smoothie with a raw egg 'cuz I'm out of protein powder. ...If I disappear, suspect the worst. ; ) ]

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If eggs are fresh, they can't support bacteria easily. That is unless they have been given a lot of antibiotics.

My daughter told me they actually have some eggs that are pasteurized and they can be eaten raw. I don't know how they can pasteurize an egg though, it seems kind of impossible to me, if you heat the egg, the white solidifies. I sometimes wonder if the fix is more dangerous than what they are trying to protect us from.

I get my eggs from a woman I know, her chickens run around outside in the summer and live in a coup in the winter, not wanting to go outside. She feeds them an organic food and scraps from around the house. I buy five dozen every two weeks but in the spring and fall I can't get that many because they molt. I can't kick at the price though, they are smaller eggs but they are only two bucks a dozen and they taste so much better than the organic eggs in the store.

Now the eggs would have antibodies for the virus from what I read, if the chicken actually got sick and survived. So I am not worried but I still do not eat raw eggs because the white can strip our bodies of nutrients. They are great if you are sick, they are a good antidote for many things.

Why don't you just eat the eggs boiled or fried instead of putting them in a smoothy?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

fyi - Had organic free-range raw egg in my smoothie. Am fine. [Can't even eat factory farm eggs cooked - they shouldn't have antibiotics but sometimes they do and I get very, very sick - not anaphylactic shock, but I can actually feel the "hives" starting up in my gut and blood vessels.]

...I do usually cook my eggs bit didn't feel like it this am. And I lived, with no upset. lol

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It's strange how a locally grown free range egg has so much flavor compared to the store eggs. Once in a while we buy the organic free range eggs at the coop, commercial type, and they just don't seem to have the good taste. I have another person I can get eggs from, one who feeds the chickens vegan food, and those eggs don't have much flavor either. The ones that chomp on bugs outside in the grass or pen seem to have the best tasting eggs. Color of eggs doesn't matter for taste either.

We hardly ever buy store commercial regular eggs anymore.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Baer chicken farm near Lake Park hit with deadly avian flu

LAKE PARK, Minn.—A test indicates birds in a Baer Poultry Co. chicken barn near here have the deadly avian flu virus—a result that will mean the destruction of up to 300,000 chickens.
The Baers, whose experience in poultry production spans more than 50 years, have dealt with sickness before.

"Never like this," Baer said.

www.inforum.com...

On Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Agriculture confirmed that turkeys at four more commercial facilities--three in Minnesota and one in South Dakota--were confirmed to be infected with the fast moving H5N2 virus. The agency estimated that more than 390,000 turkeys between the plant would be lost to the disease or have to be euthanized as a precaution to prevent spread of the virus.

The latest cases come one day after USDA officials announced that H5N2 was found at a chicken laying facility in Osceola County, Iowa. Some 3.8 million layer hens at the farm affiliated with Sonstegard Foods Company will be euthanized to try to prevent the spread of the disease, according to the company.
snip
Meanwhile, mega turkey producer Hormel Food Corp. confirmed that avian flu is causing significant supply chain problems in its Jennie-O Turkey Store segment as 17 turkey flocks owned or processed by the company have been hit by avian flu.

In addition to losing turkeys, those affected facilities are also quarantined, so they can undergo thorough cleanings.

Hormel CEO Jeffrey Ettinger warned investors on Monday that the avian flu problem will likely result in company falling on the lower-end of its projected earnings target of $2.50 to $2.60 per share.

www.usatoday.com...

The White Rock Hutterites also just this last week had to destroy 50,000 turkeys, 600 fryers and 300 layers. Minnesota is getting hit hard by the HPAI (the current strain). The state of SD actually comes in and destroys the fowl with a fire suppressant foam which asphyxiates the birds. They then dispose of the dead birds under the supervision of the USDA. Then the buildings must be clean and sanitized and retested in 21 days. MN is the largest turkey producer in the US with 46 million turkeys.

Since March, over 2.5 million birds on 40 different farms in the midwest have been destroyed. The experts don't know for sure how the birds are getting infected but they do think migratory birds flying overhead have something to do with it. This is pretty devastating. Expect to pay more for turkeys this fall I guess.

edit on 23-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join