It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All employees of the Russian Embassy in London have left?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But that hasn't stopped the internet asking: where is he?
The rumours started after a trip to Kazakhstan, scheduled for Thursday and Friday, was postponed.

source

And North Korea was in town to visit.
Not connecting dots, just stating what is known.
Still no mention about the empty embassy though.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: ketsuko

What goal would be accomplished by massive retaliation? Only that the entire world would fall under a Nuclear winter, and would most assuredly mean the extinction of the human race.

By not retaliating, I give humanity a chance to survive.

I share the complete shock of your post too. If your scenario played out, how would you suggest Russia be punished and what would stop them from doing the same again after realizing no retaliation is coming regardless their actions?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

I can think of one more reason:

Yeah sooo funny.......

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Russian state TV shows Putin for first time in days
uk.reuters.com...

Yep that was the the one that had Lebedev....has links to intelligence in UK embassy. Check out my earlier post on him.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I suspect the tweet was a hoax to exploit the "missing Putin" rumors.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

uk.reuters.com...

Unfortunately there's no evidence that this hadn't been filmed weeks or even months ago. Some are even claiming that it's a repeat of a previously released meeting between the two from last year.

It still doesn't explain the cancellation of other meetings. If he was around today for this meeting, why did he also cancel several other meetings? None of this is making any sense, and everything is still pointing to this being a previous meeting and that Putin is "otherwise incapacitated".

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe old Vladimir was banging another young gymnast, fell off and broke his bloody neck. What a shame...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What goal would be accomplished by massive retaliation? Only that the entire world would fall under a Nuclear winter, and would most assuredly mean the extinction of the human race.

And the alternative would be for a nation to get away with the most massive war crime and act of genocide the world has ever seen. Not to mention that a full strike by one nation might already doom the world to the things you are seeking to avert by aiding and abetting them.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

So you do nothing ... are you then still good?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Maybe old Vladimir was banging another young gymnast, fell off and broke his bloody neck. What a shame...

Maybe someone slipped him a cup of tea with two sugars and a dash of Po 210. I've heard it's a popular way take one's tea if Russian.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Forgive me going a little off-topic here, but if you've all been checking out the news reports and following things on Twitter, has anyone else noticed the sudden and massive absence of pro-Russian propaganda over the last few days?

I don't know about anyone else here, but usually when a site like the Guardian or Telegraph reports on anything to do with Russia there's a flood of propagandists in the comments ranting about the big bad West. The same on Twitter, you can usually put a search term in about Ukraine, Russia or Putin and see a hundred Russian Tweeters repeating the same thing over and over again.

Yet, in the last few days they've seemingly all gone quiet.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

uk.reuters.com...

Unfortunately there's no evidence that this hadn't been filmed weeks or even months ago. Some are even claiming that it's a repeat of a previously released meeting between the two from last year.

It still doesn't explain the cancellation of other meetings. If he was around today for this meeting, why did he also cancel several other meetings? None of this is making any sense, and everything is still pointing to this being a previous meeting and that Putin is "otherwise incapacitated".

Russia is a gangsters paradise and who knows what is going on with Putin, but this Tweet is disinformation, maybe created to take off some of the heat.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And the alternative would be for a nation to get away with the most massive war crime and act of genocide the world has ever seen. Not to mention that a full strike by one nation might already doom the world to the things you are seeking to avert by aiding and abetting them.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

So you do nothing ... are you then still good?

I don't think you grasp the concept of MAD

Nobody triumphs good or evil.

Everyone losses.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Well we know that the government was running a paid program for people to post in support of its programs here in the US, so its not a stretch to assume that Russia has a similar program. If there is a shake-up of some kind in the internal power structure ... they may not have orders at present. No orders = no talking points.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No, I understand that.

But if you allow the strike without firing back, the strike of even one MAD nation might be enough to usher in those things you fear - Nuclear Winter, etc. - besides condemning all the people who will die.

How do you do nothing? How do you just let one person launch an all out strike and do nothing? Realize that person then owns the world. Realize also that all of the destroyed nuclear power plants on your shores will so poison the world that you will still be condemning everyone anyhow.

Even if one person launches, we all die.

So why not launch back?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I did see where they released a video of Putin at a meeting with woman today. Supposedly in fine health. So I guess we shall wait and see. But if something did happen to Putin,I would guess Russia would corral their wagon trains together and be ready to attack.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Issues of fallout and nuclear winter aside: if somebody is willing to obliterate the U.S. in a nuclear attack, they're probably willing to obliterate anybody and everybody else. So, let's assume here, a significant population survives the nuclear attack: they're still subject to a person/country/entity that was willing to launch a nuclear holocaust. I don't think they'd have much of a chance of taking that person down before inviting more strikes.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ideally, it should be as simple as someone calling the Embassy, or stopping by, and trying to enter?

As far as the rest. We would have no idea what is going on at top levels of government, or even militarily until someone slips some news to us.

Perhaps the military is already under-way..

No idea, tho rumors abound.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think too many people have been seeing the old 80's nuclear war movies and forgotten that we've moved on considerably since then.

Goevernments have information on other militaries and their capabilities, we have developed bunker busters, we have spies gathering information on enemies all the time, we have a lot of information and allies around the world with plans in place for various scenarios.

We also have options to treat any exposure to such an event which didn't exist back then. We have high speed communications and information transfer systems that never existed back then. Neither side is on the cusp of nuclear war as we were back then...

This is pretty pointless. Nothing this severe is going to happen. No one is going to be firing any nuke. Even if we were in such a place, and even if there was such a risk, we would not all be entirely wiped out by the first volley of these weapons. The US and Russia would likely be damaged severely, and yes millions would die, but it would not lead to the end of the Human race. One country would fire something, and they would immediately be hammered into the stone age. War over.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Interesting to be sure, no speculation to add but jumping between this and the Putin Missing thread.
Which keeps getting funnier! (gallows humour perhaps)
just posting as a marker.

Absolutely nothing would surprise me at this stage.
edit on 16u03pm323 E04 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Telephone Embassy: +44 (0) 20 7229 6412

there you go, give them a bell.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join