It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rich are Getting Richer and the Poor are Getting Poorer!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: eXia7

If you are lucky, it pays off. I forget the exact stat, but a majority of businesses fail. All said and done, I lost ~500,000 when the real estate bubble imploded in the tristate area.

Yeah, I could understand that. I chose to create a business that deals in the service industry. So far it seems to pay off pretty decent, but it is an expensive endeavor at times.

But, nothing beats being free from constraints of a job and boss you hate. I rather be making pocket change working for myself than get yelled at and told what to do while being paid minimum wage.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Yeah, I hear that man. Employers think they own you these days. # that.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Perhaps its time we look at the 99% as the problem.

Without a doubt the 99% is the problem.

They allow themselves to be diverted from the real issue , they allow themselves to keep fighting among themselves and they are hardcore loyalist once they decide which party is better.

Squirrel ......
edit on 50331America/ChicagoSat, 14 Mar 2015 20:50:31 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Anyone making under 15 dollars an hour will not be able to afford food and housing in the next couple of years because of inflationary boundaries. True inflation is right around 10% and rising fast.

Think I am nuts look at your grocery bill and watch it rise with inflation. They are pushing leases and 10 year car loans and rents across the country are spiking because of demand. New cars cost 30,000 and house 200,000. This can not continue when the average American family makes 50,000.

And the rich say.....Let them all eat cake.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Agreed.

Everything is a rich mans game. If you ask me, the only way out is to stop playing. Use the all mighty dollar against them; stop shopping.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Time for revolution I say!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

SO let me ask you then what would be your solution? do we need a new economic model? and if so what would that be??

We do, I've written about such a system here a couple of times. Basically we need to end planned obsolesence and focus on producing quality goods that last rather than a quantity of goods that don't. Then we need to create a system of baseline income for all under the recognition that we no longer require or even have jobs for the entire population to work and pay their way. With only half of us working, all of us can have our needs me. That means those who don't work, need an income.

My approach is an existence based economy, those who exist regardless of employment status still consume energy, food, and recreation. As a result, their existence is innately valuable as it creates jobs and velocity in the economy.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You know you could be rich too, that's kinda what Capitalism provides. An opportunity, not a guarantee.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteMustDie
a reply to: SubTruth

Agreed.

Everything is a rich mans game. If you ask me, the only way out is to stop playing. Use the all mighty dollar against them; stop shopping.

For that to happen people need to free themselves from advertising and peer pressure as they are the two main contributors to this issue .....

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

Lol they don't call it the 1% for nothing and the statistics show the poor populace is growing so isby that stagnation?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros

Lol they don't call it the 1% for nothing and the statistics show the poor populace is growing so isby that stagnation?

The 1% are ultra rich billionaires. The upper middle class are millionaires, which is something obtainable by anyone that handles their money properly.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
You know you could be rich too, that's kinda what Capitalism provides. An opportunity, not a guarantee.

In theory it provides an opportunity, in reality it doesn't because capitalism has just as much a class structure as everything before it. Many people do not get an opportunity.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The inequality between the rich and poor will continue as those with wealth are linked with those in power. Those with less cannot to afford to react against this inequality as they need income to pay for food, bills, mortgages etc. Even losing a days pay to attend a demonstration can have a major effect on a person's ability to support themselves (for example, there was a strike at my place of employment over a pittance of a pay rise offer, those who took part in this industrial action was less than 5% of the work force.)

It is a sad statement of our times that some of us cannot support our fellow work mates when it comes down to choosing the option of affording to have the basic necessities to live on outweighs our right for demonstrating for our need to a decent salary. You may say that I am part of the problem as I haven't stood by my convictions and stood on the picket lines with my fellow employees, and you would be right and I am ashamed and wished I could have done so but what can you do when the powers that be have fear of the unions (in the UK) and will not react to something that has no effect on their lives or income?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
About 1.5% of the US population are millionaires. About 0.00015% are billionaires. This in the richest country in the world. The majority of the millionaires are in this category based on property value, they certainly do not have a million in the bank. So you really think it is as simple as handling your money properly?

edit on 16-3-2015 by ScepticScot because: fat fingers

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepitpony

The inequality between the rich and poor will continue as those with wealth are linked with those in power. Those with less cannot to afford to react against this inequality as they need income to pay for food, bills, mortgages etc. Even losing a days pay to attend a demonstration can have a major effect on a person's ability to support themselves (for example, there was a strike at my place of employment over a pittance of a pay rise offer, those who took part in this industrial action was less than 5% of the work force.)

It is a sad statement of our times that some of us cannot support our fellow work mates when it comes down to choosing the option of affording to have the basic necessities to live on outweighs our right for demonstrating for our need to a decent salary. You may say that I am part of the problem as I haven't stood by my convictions and stood on the picket lines with my fellow employees, and you would be right and I am ashamed and wished I could have done so but what can you do when the powers that be have fear of the unions (in the UK) and will not react to something that has no effect on their lives or income?

Perhaps one reason low paid workers are unable/unwilling to support industrial action is because work that barely pays may be better than no work at all; even if by working the worker is no better off than claiming state assistance.

How effective is getting a job in helping people leave poverty?
Entering employment is widely thought to be the most effective route out of poverty, a view supported by a range of research. But does getting a job always lead to people leaving poverty?

www.ons.gov.uk... ping-people-leave-poverty-.html

About 30% of those moving from unemployment into work remain in poverty.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think its funny how the rich own the media, and they make shows
that portray "preppers" as hoarders when the rich do things like this:

$32 trillion offshore needs IRS attention

Keep in mind that is what was able to be traced, and most ppl
agree there is far more that is not traceable.

The real "hoarders" are the ppl that feel they need to loot the
working class sled dogs, and pile it on some offshore tax haven
to the tune of trillions.

More money then a average person could spend on comfortable living
in a lifetime.

It would require extreme extravagant living beyond the perception
of most human beings.

There are some legitimate earners out there, but then there are
also vulture capitalists like the wall street thieves and Mitt Romney
who was little more then a hatchet man chopping up companies
for export to overseas sweatshops.

Operating as conman as seen in Wolf of Wall street gets soft time,
and if your in the big boys club like Goldman Sachs and their ilk
they do no time.

They even managed to loot the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation
who handles all the governmental pensions.

PBGC bankrupt

What was reveled in hearings was corruption used to get fund managers
to invest in risky investments, or wall street pirates lying and calling
investments triple A rated.

Either way its fraud, and they should get the same sentence as the
sheeple get instead of million dollar bonuses funded by tax payer bailouts.

edit on 16-3-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Tax the rich...

...they won't go hungry!

The problem with this is they own the politicians, and the entire
process as even verbally admitted to by Hillary in regards to them
getting their marching orders from the CFR.

Hillary admits CFR runs the puppets on the potomac

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

The tax is actually more then 40%, because it is hidden in layers.

By the time a product is purchased by you it has been inflated
due to layers of licenses, fees, permits, taxes, etc...

A tireshop that grew sick of ppl griefing them on the cost of
tires made a list of why 75% the cost of tires was various
taxes, licenses, fees, permits, and other "looting mechanisms"
placed at various places throughout the entire supply chain.

What we have now is a series of middle men, and leeches
that have inserted themselves throughout the entire system
to "eat out our substance" by a financial "death by a thousand cuts".

edit on 16-3-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: grammar

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Take all the money in the world, divide it up evenly and distribute it to each individual on the planet and very soon all the money will be back in the same hands again." (Jim Rohn)

The poor stay poor because they have a poor mindset. The rich get rich because they have an abundant mindset, and because they bring value to the marketplace. If you bring a little value, you get a little money. If you bring a lot of value, you get a lot of money.

"Is it obscene to pay one man $50,000,000 a year? Not at all! If that man helps the company reach a billion dollars or more in sales, for example, then $50,000,000 is a mere drop in the bucket." (Jim Rohn)

At least 50% (between 60-70%, depending upon the source) of those on the Forbes 400 list created their wealth. They did not inherit it. Source: www.cnbc.com...

You can complain about being poor, or you can do something about it. I choose to do something about it, personally.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

SO let me ask you then what would be your solution? do we need a new economic model? and if so what would that be??

Full scale societal destruction & economic collapse. Globally.

Soon plz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join