It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time For a Woman President. Or Is It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
One word...

"Thatcher".

She may have been a Brit but she still deserves to be on your list and went down in history for being comletely out of touch with the working class.

I could have gone around the World and even put Winnie in there as an example of a woman not honoring what Nelson was trying to do but rather getting corrupted while he was rotting in prison...

But I wanted to address closer to home for recognition and relate-able purposes.

But yes, evil knows no border as well as no gender or color.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's Time For a Woman President. Or Is It?

It's time for a president that we can count on and who knows what he/she is doing! The gender or sexual orientation is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: jude11

I would say that comment is off base, to say women just don't care about men? Wonder where they got that from.

I don't think hillary is the answer, would much rather see Warren before her.

Yeah, quite the comment and maybe comes from a personal experience.

I don't agree with it either but if I only included what I agree with in this type of thread, where's the fun in that?

Jude11

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Some good points there...

Some I disagreed with...

But nevertheless...

I'd assume a female President would be much more likely to sanction and drop allegiance with Saudi Arabia...

Which, as a policy, could be an election winner for male or female to be honest.

I agree with your SA reference but isn't that separating the sexes? If a man won't do it and a woman does, is she for all intents and purposes doing it for the greater good or for women?

Not that I disagree that it has to be done but the reasons behind it have to be more than the gender inequality IMO or it's going to be seen as a weak reason.

Aw hell, Maybe I'm wrong on that. I don't know, I'm not a politician.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's Time For a Woman President

NO!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Politicians are politicians, whether they are men or women, black or white, gay or straight. They choose the people that go into the high positions, ones who will lie for them and help cover things up.

I would not have a problem having a woman president if she was not a politician.

Come to think about it, why don't we go find a couple from a small real organic, natural food hobby farm and put them into office, They are used to dealing with a lot of crap.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

It's Time For a Woman President

NO!!!

Care to elaborate?

jude11

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Personally, I'd suggest that equality for a women around the world, is for the greater good...

They are our mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, nieces & daughters...
If their equality is not for the greater good, I'm not too sure what is.

& it's absolutely not just for women, but for the men of the future all around the world, especially the Middle East...

Much more important than the war on terror imo.

I think a war on rape, domestic violence, infanticide, honourless murders and more is much more productive for the planet.

But my 2 cents is worth much less given the inflation rates of opinion.

edit on 13-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not exactly but LOL!

edit on 13-3-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Personally, I'd suggest that equality for a women around the world, is for the greater good...

They are our mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, nieces & daughters...
If their equality is not for the greater good, I'm not too sure what is.

& it's absolutely not just for women, but for the men of the future all around the world, especially the Middle East...

Much more important than the war on terror imo.

I think a war on rape, domestic violence, infanticide, honourless murders and more is much more productive for the planet.

But my 2 cents is worth much less given the inflation rates of opinion.

Yup, agreed.

So how can that be attained is the obvious question. Personally I see it as very weak men in their positions currently that either run the Countries or turn their backs on those issues that harm us all Globally.

So the next question is if a woman was in power are we going to see any advances in protecting those that cannot protect themselves? Not so sure but we can hope.

Having said that, Hillary is NOT the one to lead the way in this. I don't see her doing anything that does not pay her back in personal gain.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How about this:

It's time for a COMPETENT President in office.

Aside from that, it can check off any of a variety of boxes so long as I know one thing - it's going to get the government the EFF OUT OF MY LIFE where it has no business being.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Women can be the most vicious ever. There wouldn't be any wars ... right up until someone gets upset and presses the button with no warning. You know it would happen and as a woman, so do I.

It would likely happen because Cambodia was all up in Australia's business over how Canada was two-timing Mexico with the Netherlands and so the UK would simply haul off and nuke France.

edit on 13-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Firstly I'll say that Hillary receiving millions (billions even) via her Clinton Foundation from Saudi Arabia certainly rules her out of such a global shift...

Personally, I'd start with global sanctions to strangle SA economically & militarily...
Force them into a new look on women's rights...

I think what stops this happening right now is SA's control of Mecca...
If economic and military sanctions cause a backlash from their elite...
Damage to Mecca could turn Muslims to sympathise with SA and thus overshadow the initial movement.

In an extreme case I'd actually get the Palaces stormed and oust the chauvinists in charge for either a female descendent in the H.O.S or an activist with the passion and desire of Benazir Bhutto...

Sorry to drift your thread towards this specific subject, Jude...
Just thought it's a much more likely policy from a female Pres. than a male (re compassion etc)
edit on 13-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's time for a competent president--male, female, trans, bi, homosexual, black, white, Asian, Hispanic...it doesn't effin' matter! Just get someone in there that actually understands the constitution and its limitations, and can abide by them, all the while properly using our military to defend our borders and not making the country go broke because they feel like the federal government is everyone's babysitter or caregiver.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

the gender is the last thing I worry about when casting a vote.

Here's a better topic: its finally time to elect someone with character, morals, and ethics.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The Dems want to run a woman so they can saddle her with their agenda.......and anyone that givers her flack will be called names accordingly and not according to policy. She will be like a power fullback but anyone that try's to tackle her will be called sexist. Work fairly well as we have seen.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I pointed out Angela Merkel on the last page. SHE is the yang to Putin's yin. Not to mention the excellent way she's managed the German economy. Is there any country out there that wouldn't want a woman like that running things?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2015 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2015 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's time for a person who doesn't run on his/her "celebrity".

Would like to see someone run on his/her qualifications or a change.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There are currently 22 female presidents/prime ministers around the planet running countries.

Some of those countries include:

Germany
Argentina
Brazil
South Korea
Norway
Switzerland
Chile
Poland
Croatia

Female World Leaders

I don't see any of them crying over their empty Midol bottles, "not speaking" to other countries because they're having a hormonal temper tantrum, or waging 'monthly' wars on other countries.

Wow... the blind ignorance and childishness on ATS is absolutely mind-blowing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join