It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm about to join the trippy dream club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Man lack of sleep REALLY messes with your head! I haven't slept in 4 days because I was out of Trazodone and I have a pineal cyst. When I'm out of Trazodone, I'm awake for days and days and days and days. I'll begin hallucinating and everything. Heck, apparently I even posted a few times in a few boards and barely even remember and made no sense whatsoever! (Apologies already made and accepted! LOL) Anyway, to the trippy dream now. I finally crashed and burned about midnight, so about 3 hours ago, and woke to the dog having to go to the bathroom. This dream was VERY vivid, very apocalyptic, and quite the mess! The most vivid parts are toward the end, but it doesn't feel prophetic, or premonition-like, if that makes any sense. Here's a bit of a glimpse into my weird little mind. Enjoy! For this forum, I almost feel like saying "Long time listener, first time caller")

Don't ask me how I knew, but I knew this was in the distant future. It looked like it looks now though, no Robotic people or cars, silver buildings or anything weird or anything. There were fewer cars on the road than there are now. It was more buses, public transportation or walking. There weren't as many resources around either, so things like paper and stuff I guess were shared. I think it's because most stuff was electronic because I had an e-reader on me, as well as paper, but I was out of paper, on the outside notebook of the paper were all these death/kill drawings someone else had done, I'm guessing it was a shared item. And I'm guess it used to be or still was diseased but I was immune. Don't ask me how I knew.

Most everyone was very mistrustful of everyone else. Someone had tried to kill myself, and a few other people either on a place, or somewhere through nose masks of some kind or form because of her mistrust when she didn't need to. One of her friends I had tried to save, but was dying anyway was a scientist who had discovered the disease was coming back. He managed to make an antidote and inject a dog with it and told me to keep the dog with me, I would eventually find the right person who would know what to do it. (Golden Retriever/Yellow Lab type???)

Some yokel-local sheriff kept trying to arrest me for a notebook cover I had on me because it was so offensive but I kept trying to tell him I didn't do it (the drawings). He refused to believe me and kept trying arrest me anyway. Next thing he knew he began breaking out in tiny pustules behind his ear and freaking out and using medical tape to cover his pustules up claiming I infected him and started it over(the disease).

That's when my dog woke me. As I said, VERY trippy dream. Welcome to my brain. LOL (Although I will say, for those 3 hours, I slept like the dead! Give me about a half hour or so, and I'm going back down!)
edit on 3/13/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hope you can get some more decent sleep in tonight. I know what that's like all too well. Let me know if you see any good lottery numbers!

edit on 13-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Hope you can get some more decent sleep in tonight. I know what that's like all too well. Let me know if you see any good lottery numbers!

LOL After my peanut butter pop tart, I'll be sure pass along only the good numbers. LOL I believe in sharing the wealth!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I'm actually surprised you had dreams at all, typocally one will "blackout" after deprivation and not have visual/lucid dreams. However, I have nenn listening to frequeny guided dream meditations, without even being asleep, I visualize geometric shapes, dragons, giant eyes, pyramids with beams out of the top, swirling cubes, etc. It is actually quite nuts. Just hearing several Theta and low frequencies while relaxed, the amount of visuals that come to mind. I'm nearly addicted to it.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: Anyafaj

I'm actually surprised you had dreams at all, typocally one will "blackout" after deprivation and not have visual/lucid dreams. However, I have nenn listening to frequeny guided dream meditations, without even being asleep, I visualize geometric shapes, dragons, giant eyes, pyramids with beams out of the top, swirling cubes, etc. It is actually quite nuts. Just hearing several Theta and low frequencies while relaxed, the amount of visuals that come to mind. I'm nearly addicted to it.

I've always had lucid dreams. Even as a child. I remember some I had even at the age of 5, to this day, 40 years later. I've had night terrors since I was young. Usually the weirder the dream, the easier it is for me to remember because of the oddness, if that makes any sense. Does it? My birth mother is paranoid schizophrenic used to physically and emotionally abuse me and only me out of myself, my brother and my sister. I remember shortly after she walked out on us I was so very very angry that I used to dream of running her over in our car. I remember quite vividly my sister was in the passenger seat crying and I was in the driver seat aiming for her in the road. Obviously I couldn't reach the pedals at the age of 5, but there I was in the car in the driver's seat aiming the car.

A very frequent dream I would have very often was one of driving from California to Japan on a rollercoaster type of road. (I still so wish that could happen! LOL) This would be back around mid-70's. I would say this dream would occur at least once a month or so. I used to dream in B&W a lot too because of B&W TV shows and I couldn't understand why people weren't B&W like TV was. (Yes, I was a VERY odd child.)

After being attacked and stalked by a next door neighbor for almost 2 years at the age of 8 and having to move, for about 10 years after that, a VERY, VERY, VERY frequent dream I'd have is a King Kong like gorilla chasing me from home to home to home to tree, to hole, to whatever, finding me, me running, finding me, running, finding, running, etc... Rinse and repeat. Of course I know now it was a fear of never being safe wherever I was and him always being there. That dream took years to get out of my head, then later were differing variations over the years, even to this day almost 40 years later. Obviously it's lessened in intensity and amount of times it occurs. Especially now that I live in an alarmed building on the 4th floor. I can sleep in my bedroom without worrying about someone staring in my bedroom window watching me. At age 8 for a year of that, trust me when I say, that is a nightmare in and of itself, even when you take the attack equation out of it. Back in the 70's, stalking wasn't really "known", so to speak, otherwise while we were going to court over the attack, we would have mentioned something about the stalking and maybe he would have gotten something such as witness intimidation, or stalking, and may have gotten more than 6 months probation. (Though I'm sure his father being fire chief helped tremendously in that regard.)

But regardless, I've always been a vivid dreamer. I just don't always remember what they always are about. It just depends on how psycho trippy they are. The more normal it is, the less I remember it.
edit on 3/13/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Good you could have some sleep. It sure is a trippy ride (Dali used sleep deprivation for inspiration) unfortunately it's not very good for the brain.

Be well!
edit on 13-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I know how sleep deprivation goes. Sorry for you. It does get weird when the hallucinations come ... things you almost see out of the corner of your eye. Creepy.

I hope you get back on your regimen soon.

And I hope the dreams settle down.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Develo
Good you could have some sleep. It sure is a trippy ride (Dali used sleep deprivation for inspiration) unfortunately it's not very good for the brain.

Be well!

I finally had a hard crash and burn. I slept from midnight to 3, woke from 3 to 6am, and then seriously crashed from 6am to around 4 pm. I remember some dreams, but very barely.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I know how sleep deprivation goes. Sorry for you. It does get weird when the hallucinations come ... things you almost see out of the corner of your eye. Creepy.

I hope you get back on your regimen soon.

And I hope the dreams settle down.

I got my meds, all of them, today finally, so hopefully tonight, I'll get a all the sleep I need. Part of it was being out of Trazodone, but a lot of it was being out of Cymbalta. That really messes with me.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I know sleep problems all to well. I have never really been able to sleep that well since I was a kid. As I get older it gets worse and worse. I am lucky to get 1 - 2 hours a sleep a night. No matter what I do or use it doenst help.

I have major back issues with herniated discs that are pinching nerves, maybe that has something to do with it. But even when I am not in pain I still cannot sleep no matter how tired I get.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I've always had really vivid dreams as well. 6 or 7 weeks ago now I had to do a little time in county jail. I had no sleep the nite before because was too nervous seeing the judge without a lawyer. If the guy didn't like me, and really wanted to, I could have done a bit of time, but he was decent. I sat in a chair for almost exactly 24hrs until I was processed into my pod. The hallucinations started just before this. I was looking at the concrete floor that had cracks and speckles where the cement was glazed over slightly. I was seeing geometric shapes, and was convinced a genius had been scribbling complex math equations in layers. It seemed nearly comprehensible, but I couldn't quite focus on any one layer. I considered it could be a hallucination, and asked a couple of inmates in the holding cell, and they confirmed it was all in my head.

Kept my cool the next few days, but didn't sleep a wink until the night after I got out. My system was in some weird alternative mode. I was processing at an insane rate internally, yet in having my blood pressure read twice a day, it was borderline low, which is about 10pts lower than norm for me. I spent a fair amount of time in my bed staring at a glazed over white brick wall, seeing insane visions which were... multi-leveled... while the eyes were open. I've had layered dreams where data is being processed simultaneously in several dreamscapes at once, but never while my eyes were open. It was nuts!

Meth makes not the crazy, sleep deprivation is the devil
edit on 14-3-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: apoc36
I know sleep problems all to well. I have never really been able to sleep that well since I was a kid. As I get older it gets worse and worse. I am lucky to get 1 - 2 hours a sleep a night. No matter what I do or use it doenst help.

I have major back issues with herniated discs that are pinching nerves, maybe that has something to do with it. But even when I am not in pain I still cannot sleep no matter how tired I get.

Have you ever had a sleep study done? I did and found I don't always get level REM sleep. I have degenerative discs in my spine, herniated discs in my neck, neuropathy, and fibromyalgia as well as other conditions that make sleep very difficult. If I don't take my medication, REM sleep is impossible.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I've always had really vivid dreams as well. 6 or 7 weeks ago now I had to do a little time in county jail. I had no sleep the nite before because was too nervous seeing the judge without a lawyer. If the guy didn't like me, and really wanted to, I could have done a bit of time, but he was decent. I sat in a chair for almost exactly 24hrs until I was processed into my pod. The hallucinations started just before this. I was looking at the concrete floor that had cracks and speckles where the cement was glazed over slightly. I was seeing geometric shapes, and was convinced a genius had been scribbling complex math equations in layers. It seemed nearly comprehensible, but I couldn't quite focus on any one layer. I considered it could be a hallucination, and asked a couple of inmates in the holding cell, and they confirmed it was all in my head.

Kept my cool the next few days, but didn't sleep a wink until the night after I got out. My system was in some weird alternative mode. I was processing at an insane rate internally, yet in having my blood pressure read twice a day, it was borderline low, which is about 10pts lower than norm for me. I spent a fair amount of time in my bed staring at a glazed over white brick wall, seeing insane visions which were... multi-leveled... while the eyes were open. I've had layered dreams where data is being processed simultaneously in several dreamscapes at once, but never while my eyes were open. It was nuts!

Meth makes not the crazy, sleep deprivation is the devil

I had to have my neurologist take me off of flexeril because I was hallucinating like mad! On top of that I was losing function in my legs. I couldn't walk anymore. I went from being able to walk normal, to jello legs and not being able to walk at all! I stopped taking it immediately! For some reason any medication that causes a hallucinogenic effect causes a severely bad reaction in me. Zanaflex, Flexeril, Ambien, Lunesta. I've split personalities thanks to childhood trauma, so now I'm diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder. (Awesome! Thanks for playing! Not! Of course, as soon as it does it, I go right off it and I'm fine and normal without it, but once I take a hallucinogenic, then I become Psycho-Anya. LOL Go figure. When I was married, my ex wrote down all the personalities I split into because I obviously didn't remember anything. Apparently I became a 5 yr old kid that wanted to wake my daughter up and play with all her toys because they were "cool". I became a very, very angry teen that wanted to beat the crap out of everyone in my path. There was a personality, either the previous one, or another violent one, that threatened to cut my ex's member off because he touched my stomach in passing. I told him if he touched me again he was going to lose "it" and get stabbed. He never asked a name, only an rough age estimate. Since I have an autistic child, I deal with that mess because SHE wouldn't be able to handle that and what she's going through. I have a paranoid schizophrenic mother. I dealt with her abuse, physical and emotional. I refuse to put my daughter through that. I'd rather be awake the rest of my life than take a medication that helps me sleep AND causes me to split personalities. Nope! I'm good. Thankfully Trazodone doesn't go there. I half sleep/half awake, enough to feel like I got some sleep, but not to the point where I feel like I'm losing my mind.

top topics

join