It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physically Impaired Guitarist Crushes Yngwie Malmsteen's "Brothers" With Just His Thumb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This guy is amazing. With enough patience and determination, anything is possible. Take a lesson from this guy and never stop trying until you achieve your goal.

edit on 13-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Wow! That's impressive. You have to admire the will and determination this gentleman has in order to overcome his disability. Thank's for the inspirational post.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

All kinds of awesome!
But I think he's actually using his little finger as well behind his thumb just out of view, otherwise he wouldn't be pulling of some of those runs (to my eyes anyway). But the talent he shows is remarkable and I take of my cap and bow to his skills!

Bit rude of those presenters though walking in on the performance.... Bugger off and let the lad shred, no one cares about whatever fashion or other useless nonsense those morning shows fill their time in with!

This guy should join him and together they could take on the world.

edit on 13-3-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I've got vocals!

Don't laugh or you're a bad person!!!

edit on 13-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Being wheelchair bound myself at first I thought it was some comedians taking the piss so I was actually a little offended. But after 30 seconds I realised he was a cracking guy and being genuine and I couldn't help but chuckle
It's funny all the little roadblocks we build up in our heads about why we can't do things, we make excuses up to ourselves. Then people like these come along and teach what it means to 'be and do anything'. Utmost respect for those that set and reach goals.

*goes to pick up guitar and keep practising

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is amazing!

If you're into this, you should check out what Jason Becker (formerly of Cacophony) has done whilst fighting the horrid disease, ALS.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Thanks for that mate, what a talent, I really hope that with YTs help he gets to totally go all the way and become a household name.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thank you soooooooo much for posting this.

You wouldnt believe how down i am today, worst day in a long time, but this has helped me no end.
My problems can be overcome, they almost seem petty now.

Again thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Jason Becker is the epitome of mind over matter. The simple fact that he's still alive let alone composing is beyond miraculous. The average lifespan of an ALS patient is 2-4 years after diagnosis and Jason is closing in on 30 years. His father is a pretty amazing human being as well and has designed all the software that allows Jason to communicate and write music still. It just shows you what will power is capable of because most people in his position give up shortly after being placed on a respirator. And the music he continues to write is no joke and neither are the people he gets to record the music for him.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Exactly the kind of reminder I needed right now.
Dude has one hell of a thumb!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Thanks for that mate, what a talent, I really hope that with YTs help he gets to totally go all the way and become a household name.

Having Yngwie Mamsteen as musical inspiration doesn't hurt either. That guy makes a normal, five fingered guitarist sound handicapped.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I just love sometimes youtube titles. Those are so exagerated and out there that is not even funny. I've seen this video before and the impared guittarist is really impressive. But far from being a second YM, or even worst, crushing the guitar genius.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
I just love sometimes youtube titles. Those are so exagerated and out there that is not even funny. I've seen this video before and the impared guittarist is really impressive. But far from being a second YM, or even worst, crushing the guitar genius.

Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious. And I believe you took the word "crushes" out of context. It says he "crushes Yngwie Mamsteen's "Brothers" with just his thumb". He crushes the song not the guitarist. Considering his condition, I'd say this was true.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm under the impression that you're taking this to personal. I'm not blaming you for the video or the tittle. So obvious or not, if you bring something in a board and expect to be discussed, be also ready for some "criticism". I used this case to make a point regarding youtube video titles which is more than true that are often to speculative.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Couldn't you have made a point that was related to the content and not the title?

And FYI, the title of the YouTube video is:

"YANA MULYANA - "BROTHER" By Yngwie Malmsteen"

The thread title was derived from the Metal Injection website.

Fail.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
No, I made the point the way I wanted, which is related to the title. Otherwise it wouldn't have meant what it did. Is the title that often occurs to be speculative, not the content.

I'm done commenting. Once again, I wasn't trying to attack you or derail the thread. Cheers again.

top topics

join