It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Thread: My opinion on the 12 Universal Laws

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good and evil are just labels we assign to actions.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

WHAT IS THIS?

you want to be a philosopher or a scientist?

I dunno I think "Evil" sums up ole Pedro there in a very efficient and all encompassing kind of manner.

Even more so than other 4 letter words, or longer words with strung out descriptions.

I will not tolerate your illogical fallacies much longer, you are showing clear signs that you are allowing your emotions to over rule your judgement and this is in fact impairing your rational perception of reality.

It is very easy... you just have to admit you were wrong.

edit on 16-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

WHAT IS THIS?

you want to be a philosopher or a scientist?

I can be both of those things. Why wouldn't I be able to do that? Philosophy leads to new scientific hypotheses.

I dunno I think "Evil" sums op ole Pedro there in a very efficient and all encompassing kind of manner.

I think Pedro's life is the sum of countless amounts of sexual abuse from when he was a child to an adult in prison:

López's father, who was a member of the Colombian Conservative Party, was killed during La Violencia on April 4, 1948. According to López, his mother, who was a prostitute with thirteen children, caught him fondling his younger sister in 1957, when he was eight years old, and evicted him from the family home. He was then picked up by a man, taken to a deserted house and repeatedly sodomized. At age twelve, he was taken in by an American family and enrolled in a school for orphans. He ran away because he was allegedly molested by a male teacher. At 18, he stole cars for a living and sold the cars to local chop shops. These actions led him to get caught by authorities later on in his life. During his incarceration he claims that he was brutally gang-raped in prison and that he hunted down his rapists and killed them all while still incarcerated.

Just looking at his actions later in life in a vacuum is a naive way to analyze things. The present is the sum total of the past. Therefore the past must be analyzed to understand the present. If you want to understand Pedro's motivations, then you look at his past. Pedro doesn't look to have lived a very easy life before he started dabbling in murders and sexual assault. After being raped so many times in his life, he probably just thought it was the normal way to behave.

Your logical fallacies will not be tolerated by me much longer! you are showing clear signs that you are allowing your emotions to over rule your judgement and this is in fact impairing your rational perception of reality.

Logical fallacies? What logical fallacies? Are you just pulling argument buzzwords out of a hat now?

It is very easy... you just have to admit you were wrong.

Why would I do that when you haven't refuted anything I've said outside of just saying I'm wrong?
edit on 16-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Good and evil are just labels we assign to actions.

That's what I'm saying. Subjective labels can't exist because they cannot be quantified. If they can't be quantified then they can't exist outside of the human mind. In other words, they are a product of human thinking.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Logical Problem of Evil

I agree...

Evil is illogical.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

That isn't what that link is saying. How about actually clicking on the link and reading through the article for once?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No need to go digging into Pedro to try to justify your ignorance about "evil" in fact existing.

The thread doesn't need an apology bro, it's very simple to explain your irrational use of the English language by simply saying "I was wrong"

Once you do realize evil actually does exist and that there are other people in this world using the English language besides you, then you may be able to join the discussion with a reasonable approach.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Evil

Adjective;

1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked:

Since morality IS subjective, EVIL can only exist in your mind. Only you know your own moral compass and what violates it. Ole Pedro may have a different moral compass that yourself, and may or may not see his own actions as EVIL. For all I know he believed "GOD" told him to do what he did was righteous.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Evil

Adjective;

1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked:

Since morality IS subjective

Morality is subjective only across cultures. And we have "laws" that define our conduct, and hence... morality.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No need to go digging into Pedro to try to justify your ignorance about "evil" in fact existing.

Yea, no need to find causal reasons for Pedro's actions. Just stamp it "evil" and call it a day. Sounds like the old religious argument. We don't know how it works so just stamp it "god".

The thread doesn't need an apology bro, it's very simple to explain your irrational use of the English language by simply saying "I was wrong"

But you haven't proven me wrong...

Once you do realize evil actually does exist and that there are other people in this world using the English language besides you, then you may be able to join the discussion with a reasonable approach.

Lol. I'm not sure I have been having a discussion with you. More like you just preaching your worldview and calling all others wrong. "My opinion is right! Now apologize for thinking differently!"
edit on 16-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

LOL

Laws don't define morality.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

murdering someone and defiling their body is an evil act.

it is also illegal!

do we really need to tear down these established facts in order to support a minorities view of a godless existence?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

LOL

Laws don't define morality.

I am just beginning to believe atheists are linguistically challenged...

Morality;

noun

1. principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

murdering someone and defiling their body is an evil act.

Why?

it is also illegal!

So? Does that stop anyone from doing it, if that's their perclivity?

do we really need to tear down these established facts in order to support a minorities view of a godless existence?

You've not established Evil as a fact.

edit on 16-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Laws don't define what's right and wrong. How righteous is it to stop at a STOP sign, in the middle of nowhere, with no one and nothing around, at 2AM? How evil is it to run that stop sign?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Principal
noun
1. an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct: "a person of good moral principles"

2. a fundamental, primary, or general law or truth from which others are derived: "the principles of moder physics"

3. a fundamental doctrine or tenet; a distinctive ruling opinion: "the principles of the Stoics"

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

so I have just defined for you that Morality is in fact "Law"

and this is subjective only across cultural borders.

an apology is not needed... It would show character though if you could admit your mistake.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

so I have just defined for you that Morality is in fact "Law"

HAHA! You're really funny! Gravity is a LAW. Is flying evil?

Principal
noun
1. an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct: "a person of good moral principles"

HAHA! Can you us the word PRINCIPAL in a sentence?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Our language is very democratic though, minorities have a voice too... unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
But you haven't proven me wrong..

watch! that might just fly over your head...

You may speak now, the Christians have brought to light a certain rudeness in my stern principals.

I forgive you...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join