It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Downey Jr. gives Iron Man bionic arm to 7 yr old boy born missing an arm (Kleenex Alert!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The arm was created thanks to Microsoft One Note's Collective Project and Limbitless Solutions, a group that develops affordable 3D-printed limbs

One young boy got the chance to spend a very special afternoon with a real-life superhero.

Alex Mead, a 7-year-old who was born with a partially developed right arm, received a surprise visit from actor Robert Downey Jr., who showed up as his famed Avengers character Tony Stark.

What's more, the actor also presented Alex with a very special gift - a bionic Iron Man arm.

The arm was created thanks to Microsoft One Note's Collective Project and Limbitless Solutions, a group that develops affordable 3D-printed limbs.

Awwww! It's wonderful to see how well RDJ is doing considering how low he was so long ago. Such a sweet thing he did for this young boy. And just think, how many other kids with prosthetics have an Iron Man Arm! LOL Not just ANY arm, but an Iron Man arm! That kid will definitely be styling! LOL So sweet of the whole group to do for this young boy! For me that boy was styling before the Iron Man arm, now he's rocking!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be negative here, but something comes to mind. Sometimes I wonder if a lot of the philanthropic endeavors that the rich and famous are involved in are because many of them have a guilty conscience for one reason or another.

It's a good story, and thank you for sharing. I will never stop wondering about what I mentioned though. My reply is not specific to Robert Downey Jr.. It is more specific to a larger group than one man...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread

IronMan Being a hero

Thanks

new topics

join