It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and the future of Mankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Gentlemen:

What will religion be like in 100 years? What about 1000? Did you think mankind could go for so long without any new thinking about religion?

What will a space-faring race build for its temples? What kinds of philosophy would these kind of men write? What kind of discussions would occur among the wise rulers of interstellar civilizations? We aren't that far from that.

We are in a period of time that is like preparations for this new advance in civilization.

Our people must form the foundation of this new kind of thinking: An off-world type of thinking, where this world is not the center of mankind's awareness, but a whole new level of empire.

We need this for the health of our species. We can't cage ourselves on this world and seal ourselves within urban lifespans. We MUST have roaming space. We must have the ability to expand and develop new lands, or our psyches will collapse into disease.

What kind of prayer do you make when you are the master of many worlds? What do you build as your temples? What become the virtues of a human civilization that has attained the stars, and has made his abode inthe most distant reaches of space?

If anything, God is more suitably worshipped by such men, because their nature is more akin to His own. The Husbandry of Civilization is a refinment that God has encouraged in mankind, and this level of attainment would be a proper praise to Him.

I say that this addition to mankind's crown is superior to any that has come before it. The race that has become wise and good enough to contemple the exploration of the universe, and the movement of his seed into the other fertile worlds that lie nearby has become mature.

Indeed, we have been nothing but children, consuming our material lives and not venturing to think or stir. That kind of existence is not worthy of extension, it is a disgrace for a race to become so sodden.

That is why I say it is time for us to think and dream about this new dimension of our human experience, and rise up to a new level of thinking.

Here is your target: Striek hard and deep into the idea that a culture is nothing but its businesses and economy. Strike that idea so it dies.

Arkaleus

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
Gentlemen:

What will religion be like in 100 years? What about 1000? Did you think mankind could go for so long without any new thinking about religion?

The world will still be corrupted by religion to keep us in control. Religion is old stories turned into new one. Nothing special. Just a form of control.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What will space sceince, cosmology, and other habitible worlds in the galaxy do to men's religions? What kind of words will come from these type of thougts?

What of nature's image of a God, seated upon the foundation of the world? What kind of glory is one earth, when whole systems become under the authority of men?

Let God reflect a new Glory.

Arkaleus

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i suggest to you the rapture of the church and all the hated christ followers from the face of the plannet...what will that do to your religion?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What is to be hated about Christ and his followers?

I don't put much faith in a "rapture" event. I think your body will remain right where it began, and will return to the dust, unless you grow up and become a mature person who can see the universe.

I was asking you what new kinds of concepts and glorioes would result from a race that managed to break free of the world.

Arky

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
arki- sorry man, i guess i dont get where your coming from ...and it seems that many people on this board do hate christs followers, its quite the battle for me.....maybee i will leave this subject to you guys, cuz i am not sure that i follow....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
religion will always be.... it was the same story taught 2K years ago.

Jesus, Allah... all those...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Interesting question.
As I mentioned in an earlier post.. our brains a wired for spirituality.. god is an 'evolutionary carrot'; and at the the core of all philosphy is "Why?".. the quest to have this answered will never change.

What will a space-faring race build for its temples? What kinds of philosophy would these kind of men write? What kind of discussions would occur among the wise rulers of interstellar civilizations? We aren't that far from that.

Instead of creation myths that were centred around the earth.. they will be based on the 'creation' of the [this] universe.. as our knowledge changes.. our beliefs are adapted to accomidate a new set of facts.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good! You understood what you read.

I see you believe that God is an expression of the people, and therefore changes form over the centuries and eons.

I do not know if I will totally accept this, because there are some things which mankind does not know, and this teaching of knowledge to men has always been the business of heaven.

What if mankind becomes deified? What if His grace becomes sufficient that he should exceed this realm of what came before, and becomes Himself a whole new race of perfection?

Such an emergence is not without precedent! In ancient times, a race of people that came from Seth arrived at a state of spiritual perfection, and all exceeded this realm.

I find it necessary to consider a new school of thought, where mankind is the author of new civilizations, worlds, and nations. There are certain tools used by the founders of these bodies, and without them we cannot commence to any such work.

We have never encountered such a brilliant time, when our knowledge of the universe can be expressed in such large terms. We should expect to mature in other schools as well.

In Egyptian culture, it was held sacred that the advancements and sciences of civilization were strictly the bounty of gods and wise persons, and their inheritance came from divine beneficence. Becauase our wisdom has approached the level of what the egyptian considered holy, it is proper for us to consider our actions with a divine level of responsibility.

It is inevitable! At the current rate of technological competence, mankind will attain the ability to travel into deep space within two or three more generations. With the development of a space elevator, that leap will enable the construction of whole new empires and colonies, offworld. Look forward to that time.

At any rate, the certainty of our race exceeeding the bounds of this earth with the intent of establisiing new colonies on distant worlds is sufficient to warrant the kind of forward thinking that applies the depth of all learning.

What kind of divine thought makes a whole new planet verdant and able to support a new nation? That is the business I am after.

Arky

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
i suggest to you the rapture of the church and all the hated christ followers from the face of the plannet...what will that do to your religion?

not so uch nonsense, ark.

Relgion is in genral now becoming somthing that many people thrown upon as a sign of weakness. I need to believe that everthings for a meaning and that im not just gonna die because im a sad person and i believe this mentality is increasing very much.

Haven't you of all people noticed it?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I do not know if I will totally accept this, because there are some things which mankind does not know, and this teaching of knowledge to men has always been the business of heaven.

But most knowledge has always been obtained by mans' own investigation and lust for knowledge.

What if mankind becomes deified? What if His grace becomes sufficient that he should exceed this realm of what came before, and becomes Himself a whole new race of perfection?

I'm not sure what you mean.. you need to have worshippers to become deities.. and for man to worship himself with the same traditional reverence he gives to gods would be doubtful.. as he would feel he is not perfect and has flaws. Besides which.. if he were to reach this point there would be no further need to evolve [eons away though]]. I do think becoming aware of our own power however will make us more respectful of our own spoecies and more protective of life in general.

I find it necessary to consider a new school of thought, where mankind is the author of new civilizations, worlds, and nations. There are certain tools used by the founders of these bodies, and without them we cannot commence to any such work.

What would the philosophies be.. and how would they inhibit setteling on other worlds? Wouldn't the pride from reaching new frontears be enough to inspire people?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think the god of today has no place in the future. He will die, as he dies in the minds of people that believe. As generations get older and stop worshiping so will there kids and so on.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I think the god of today has no place in the future. He will die, as he dies in the minds of people that believe. As generations get older and stop worshiping so will there kids and so on.

The god of today is dead i feel especially in the UK.
It wont be long before we find a replacement.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What would the philosophies be.. and how would they inhibit setteling on other worlds? Wouldn't the pride from reaching new frontears be enough to inspire people?

Look for yourself what they would be: A group of men discover a world able to bear life. That is the opportunity to create not only a new nation, but a whole new world. Do we make new gods? Do we sever the ties with the old world? Do we look ahead at the development of the old world, and the new, and see how they will interact as they mature and change?

The notion of building a world puts a man in a whole new level of consciousness. This new philosophy is that of creating a new world, a new foundation. Let us survey the methods of founding civilizations and colonies. Our world is filled with suitable examples. Look at the origin of America, it is ideally framed against a future of extraterrestial colonization.

The wise people of America will understand the opportunity to strengthen Liberty and Reason again -- in the creation of a new American Colony. Only this time, it will be on another world. The ability to do this is not so far away, but it is near enough to introduce our species to its reality.

Things like new laws, new civil orders, new ideas. This will demonstrate man's full potential, and the profit of his development for this eon of civilization. The seeding of life opn new worlds requires itself a new scripture, as it does not exist in any of the old religions. Perhaps other worlds were mentioned, but were they not just imaginings of sages?

My question becomes: Do the ancient books true themselves to the Reality of the Universe as we have come to know it? The parts of them that do, should endure, and the parts of them that do not, should be discarded.

Certain permanant truths, like truth itself, cannot be altered and endure past the life of any one world. It can be said that the Perfect Ideals are themselves aware and alive, and exist where there is intelligence. How do we reckon our new developments to this perfection? Is the march of mankind into the stars "good?"

It is inevitable. The means of getting into space are so generalized that our general population can understand them. The development of a space elevator will put us into a new age of space adventures.

Make the way for the future, will trade between the stars become routine? Will space finally open up to the whole world? Will the building of roads into the sky enable men to enter space as one would take an elevator? Taking all the fire and smoke out of the liftoff would do wonders for the success of the industry.

Arky

top topics

join