It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Admits It Can't Fully Guarantee 51% Of Insolvent Pension Plans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Actually it was a thread a week ago on it, but I can not find it right now,

This is one of the links

www.nationalseniorscouncil.org...
bama-begins-push-for-new-national-retirement-system&catid=34:so cial-security&Itemid=62

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Actually it was a thread a week ago on it, but I can not find it right now,

This is one of the links

www.nationalseniorscouncil.org...
bama-begins-push-for-new-national-retirement-system&catid=34:so cial-security&Itemid=62

Thanks for posting the info and link, I hadn't heard about this and now I know why.

The article was originally posted in 2010.

While I agree that IRAs & 401Ks need more oversight, I am against any kind of federal takeover of personal retirement accounts and I have to ask; If Obama was so dead set on doing this, why hasn't it happened yet?

I mean hell, he is after all our King, isn't he?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hi Flatfish, There's nowhere to hide (Yourself or your Money) LOL! That's what all the Government Surveillance Programs are about (It sure ain't about "The Terrorists"). So, if it's not the Actual Government taking your assets from you and just A Private Financial Industry Type it doesn't mean that The Government doesn't know all about it and have their hands out for their share. That's what Regulatory Capture is all about and the lack of Financial Fraud Prosecutions over the last couple of decades. The thing is though about psychopaths is that they always over do things (They Become way over confident) and just always end up pushing their goals to the extreme, Thanks Again for your Solid Additions to this Thread and Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: Flatfish

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I believe that the reason is the same as why the Bush administration wanted to privatize the SS and the public respons put a halt to it.

Now remember the door that was opened with the mandatory health care could be a facilitator by any administration to push for mandatory retirement accounts for working Americans.

Yes is a long shot to this one but you never know, still the government did try for people to start saving remember that one, my RA account you can save as low as 25 dollars, but the public was not very open to the idea.

I think I am going to try that and see how it goes

When things like this happen we know that it will not be a far away future when it could become truth.

edit on 13-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join